Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

Xbox 720 to release in due time, current systems not limiting devs, says Moody

http://www.examiner.com/article/xbox...y?CID=obinsite
    Its good to hear that developers arent being held back by current gen.
    Last edited by The Sith; 02-10-2013 at 21:56.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Flaw3d Genius
    This is a game that had to get rid of $#@!pit cam to free up resources lol

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Meh. Just more developer PR. And this article makes it sound like 720 wont be launching this year. Maybe thats why MS is being so quiet despite all the bad press 720 is getting about its weak specs.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-10-2013 at 23:18.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Meh. Just more developer PR. And this article makes it sound like 720 wont be launching this year. Maybe thats why MS is being so quiet despite all the bad press 720 is getting about its weak specs.
    I can essentially guarantee you it will.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Really? Guaranteed? Official source? A link?

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    You work for MS?

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Forum Sage
    Really? Guaranteed? Official source? A link?
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    You work for MS?
    The evidence available makes it clear.

Why else would the head of xbox pr start a countdown 6 months in advance of E3?

http://majornelson.com/2013/01/02/countdown-to-e3-2013/

And based off of what we know about MS they hold their cards close to their chest and aren't the kind to announce hardware/software very far in advance of the release date.

Sony may reveal the ps4 first, but I highly doubt MS will give them any kind of tangible head start between the launch of the ps4 and next xbox.

Remember what the 1 year headstart did for the 360, MS isn't going to let itself be subject to such a delay, especially when they won't have the advantages they did with the 360.

And did you really expect me to give insider details (even if I had any). Anybody that knows anything about the unreleased next gen consoles will have signed at least 1 (if not multiple) NDA's and would be completely screwed if they let anything slip without the approval of MS.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    The evidence available makes it clear. Why else would the head of xbox pr start a countdown 6 months in advance of E3? http://majornelson.com/2013/01/02/countdown-to-e3-2013/ And based off of what we know about MS they hold their cards close to their chest and aren't the kind to announce hardware/software very far in advance of the release date. Sony may reveal the ps4 first, but I highly doubt MS will give them any kind of tangible head start between the launch of the ps4 and next xbox. Remember what the 1 year headstart did for the 360, MS isn't going to let itself be subject to such a delay, especially when they won't have the advantages they did with the 360. And did you really expect me to give insider details (even if I had any). Anybody that knows anything about the unreleased next gen consoles will have signed at least 1 (if not multiple) NDA's and would be completely screwed if they let anything slip without the approval of MS.
    Meh. The countdown is just for the announcement. The actual launch date is still not announced nor confirmed. MS should launch 720 this year but we dont have anything officially confirmed so the launch date is not "guaranteed.".

Forum Sage
    Meh. The countdown is just for the announcement. The actual launch date is still not announced nor confirmed. MS should launch 720 this year but we dont have anything officially confirmed so the launch date is not "guaranteed.".
    Forgetting the essential part of my statement are we?

The facts are clear on this.

MS wants to make the most of the holiday sales.

They launched the original xbox and Halo on November 15, 2001.

Xbox Live : November 15, 2002

Halo 2 : November 9, 2004

xbox 360 : November 22, 2005

Halo 3 : September 25, 2007

Halo Reach : September 14, 2010

Halo 4 : November 6, 2012

Notice a trend here?

Launching before the holiday shopping starts.

If they didn't launch this year, when would they next year?

Spring isn't a good time.

Summer is typically the lowest point for game sales.

Fall 2014? And give a 2+ year lead to nintendo, and likely 1 + year to sony. Yeah, right.

Remember this is the company that did a worldwide launch with the 360 even though they would have been better served by launching in the US first, then Europe and Japan last.

And it wouldn't be like MS to announce their console and launch it further than a year out.

People said the countdown was in response to Sony's mentioning of the PS4 development?

What else could MS respond with other than the next xbox.

Combine that with the lack of first party games being released in the fall of 2013 and it all points to one thing: The launch of a new xbox.

8 years is an unprecedented amount of time between console launches, MS knows that the 360's time has run out.

So I say that the next xbox launch is essentially guaranteed for this year. And I have a feeling it will be this November.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Pure speculation and conjecture on your part. At best an educated guess given the trend you laid out. I'll wait for official word from MS before assuming anything. Maybe they will maybe they wont all l'm saying is that article makes it sound like it might not launch as soon as people are expecting. Time will tell but nothing is "guaranteed."
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-11-2013 at 02:12.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I wonder if they'll even bother to release it in Japan this time around, its clear they don't like the brand.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Forum Sage
    Pure speculation and conjecture on your part. At best an educated guess given the trend you laid out. I'll wait for official word from MS before assuming anything. Maybe they will maybe they wont all l'm saying is that article makes it sound like it might not launch as soon as people are expecting. Time will tell but nothing is "guaranteed."
    The article quotes 1 developer who primarily makes racing games about how they felt.

They aren't speaking for the entire industry.

If you have been paying attention to how multiplat games run on the 360/ps3 compared to the ps3 and listened to the consensus from all developers you would know that these consoles are long in the tooth.

Please give me you "conjecture" on what MS would do if they didn't launch the next xbox in 2013 and how they expect to survive this years holiday sales without it.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I wonder if they'll even bother to release it in Japan this time around, its clear they don't like the brand.
    I'm fairly certain they will, but they will likely receive smaller emphasis at launch.

And since nintendo isn't doing nearly as well with the wii u (compared to the wii), that could be an opening.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    http://www.examiner.com/article/xbox...y?CID=obinsite
    Its good to hear that developers arent being held back by current gen.
    Uh... The tech is like 7 years old now. I mean sure if developers don't have any real aspirations than maybe nobody is 'limited'. In the sense that you know what kind of hardware you're developing for at this point, really really well. So that kind of frames what your game can do and be about.

As for Xbox in Japan..

Traditionally the Japanese have been very ethnocentric and 'traditional' when it comes to particular things like gaming. It's kind of been viewed as a Japanese industry for so long with all of the best companies making games and hardware being Japanese that western games and consoles don't have much of a stirring effect on their markets.

Which is also slightly weird because of how popular alot of other American stuff is in the land of the rising sun.

To be sure, there are certainly those in Japan who love western style gaming like Halo, COD, God of War and what not. But its a much, much different market over there and a very different culture.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 02-11-2013 at 03:15.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    How the rumors have changed this month in regards to this console last month it was supposed to be this beast and more powerful than the ps4 and it the opposite this month

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    How the rumors have changed this month in regards to this console last month it was supposed to be this beast and more powerful than the ps4 and it the opposite this month
    Which makes the entire discussion pointless.

Funny though, how some people like/continue to perpetuate these rumor threads.

Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    It's all for website hits an ad revenue. It's the same as the mainstream media. They would rather divide people than bring them together. There is money in war.
    Thats console Wars will always be around rather folks like it or not.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    The article quotes 1 developer who primarily makes racing games about how they felt. They aren't speaking for the entire industry. If you have been paying attention to how multiplat games run on the 360/ps3 compared to the ps3 and listened to the consensus from all developers you would know that these consoles are long in the tooth. Please give me you "conjecture" on what MS would do if they didn't launch the next xbox in 2013 and how they expect to survive this years holiday sales without it.
    Dont get all upset now. You cant "guarantee" anything because we have no official launch date. End of story. Will they launch this year? Propably. Can you "guarantee" it? Absolutely not.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-11-2013 at 04:32.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam

Please give me you "conjecture" on what MS would do if they didn't launch the next xbox in 2013 and how they expect to survive this years holiday sales without it.
    Don't get me wrong, I agree that MS will most likely launch late this year...but ^ that sentence just about made me choke on my pepsi. Micro$$$$$$$$oft

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Thats because the original rumor was started by some random 360 fanboy on some forum and his info was debunked and he was banned from semi accurate forums. He even made a dupe account to agree with himself. lol Misterxmedia (or something like that) was his orginal username.

Forum Sage
    Dont get all upset now. You cant "guarantee" anything because we have no official launch date. End of story. Will they launch this year? Propably. Can you "guarantee" it? Absolutely not.
    Barring an unforeseen circumstance I have no doubt MS intends to launch this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I agree that MS will most likely launch late this year...but ^ that sentence just about made me choke on my pepsi. Micro$$$$$$$$oft
    It's a valid question with a simple answer, they would be $#@!ed.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Barring an unforeseen circumstance I have no doubt MS intends to launch this year.
    Like I said they propably will. But the possibility of "unforseen" circumstances still means that nobody can "guarantee" it.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-11-2013 at 04:52.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam

It's a valid question with a simple answer, they would be $#@!ed.
    Hah, no. XBOX would be $#@!ed. MS would barely even register the financial loss (MS flinching at losing some money is what made me laugh)

Soldier 95B
    I love it when Major Nelson even posts about all the funny rumors going on out there about the next Xbox. MS is probably laughing daily, but enjoying the attention.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    Hah, no. XBOX would be $#@!ed. MS would barely even register the financial loss (MS flinching at losing some money is what made me laugh)
    No $#@!, I'm talking about the Entertainment and Devices division which includes everything involving the xbox.

Obviously a company that can afford to sink at least 7 billion into a product has deep pockets.

Thread Information