Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

Sony faces tough challenges with next Playstation.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/t...ew-playstation
    Launching a new console always has it challenges. This time around the industry is changing with the emergence of small hand held devices and PC that has eaten into the console market.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Veteran
    I know the consumers mind is changing, but we do need hardware we do need a more powerful console with mind blowing graphics. What's the whole point of a gaming console then if it ain't gaming? I honestly think focusing on the social networking and media hub entertainment features is dull, I have my smartphone or any other devices for social networking and same goes for media hub.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Apart for Nintendo who decided to under deliver tech wise once again, I'm not too worried with how well next gen consoles will do.

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    They talk about things that the ps3 is doing already and somehow seem to not to mention the vita's OS.

All Sony needs to do is continue with their exclusives, market more and make sure the ps4 is priced at or below(not sure about below) than the 720. As shown with the Vita's OS, they have added features not found in the ps3's OS and basically, they are not ignoring how gaming is changing. They have Dust, which is free to play. They have 'Play, create, share' with little big planet and Infamous 2. They are not going to ignore those things and will only expand on them with the ps4. I say they are heading very well in the right direction. Anyways...

See ya on the 20th.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 02-11-2013 at 12:22.

Master Poster
    The console market may be shrinking in Japan due to handhelds but over here Not so much. If anything we're moving more and more towards where you're console/PC will be your entertainment centre. Also Consoles will always have a place in the gaming industry. This is still a Blockbuster driven industry...an experience you can only realize on a home console
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    solid1snake67
    good launch titles is all they need and a decent price and they can TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!

Ultimate Veteran
    I think the atmosphere is ripe for a resurgence of the Playstation empire. It could be the wind Sony has needed in their sails for some time now. When Playstation does well, Sony does well.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    I think the atmosphere is ripe for a resurgence of the Playstation empire. It could be the wind Sony has needed in their sails for some time now. When Playstation does well, Sony does well.
    I fully agree with this!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Ultimate Veteran
    sony just needs to have it priced right and market it right

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    For me, only PS4 lol.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I personally will always take gaming on my sofa with a console over playing on a handheld or at my desk on my PC any day.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I personally will always take gaming on my sofa with a console over playing at my desk on my PC any day.
    This is just a myth. You can set up a PC to work how ever you want, even as a console. On the other hand, you wouldn't have the Sony superb exclusive titles so...

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I personally will always take gaming on my sofa with a console over playing on a handheld or at my desk on my PC any day.
    SHouldn't limit yourself. I play on my PC in my living room, sitting on a couch, on a big screen LCD, with thousands of watts of audio and an xbox controller in my hand. It rocks.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Honestly I think this generation humbled Sony a bit. It proved to them they can't just do X or Y and people will flock to their new system. They have to create an device that people want. Which means embracing ideas that might not have followed their personal philosophy before. I truly believe we are about to see a whole new game this 8th gen.

Right now Sony isn't in the hot seat. Nintendo is struggling at the moment and Microsoft is getting a bit of heat. If Feb.20th is all good news (good reveal, good launch titles, good features, good launch price), you might see the ps4 launch have incredible sales. Right now we're in a stale generation with more people flocking to other devices to game, but that could easily change.

Thread Information