Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Gearbox just $#@!ed up in my books. This game has been talked of and advertised as a Gearbox game...when really it took the legendary IP and outsourced it to some no name developer? $#@!ing assholes.

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    no doubt most people will end up avoiding this game now anyway, i suspect only die hard fans will still buy it

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    This sucks... Im glad I didn't order the collectors edition though I do really want to try the game still but hopefully it will go right down in price now

Via Tapatalk

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    If gearbox didn't make boarderlands 1 & 2, there would be no nitpicking and they would get all the blame outright, people just feel since they made such good games in BL1&2 they couldn't of made a game this bad

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I've decided to try it anyway. Won't be this month but I will...

Dedicated Member
    Woah, WTF Gearbox? You make a totally badass game, Borderlands 2 and then follow up with an unfinished mediocre game? Why did they rush this? Aliens deserves a high quality game, that was my favorite movie in the Alien series.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    First Duke Nukem, then this.

What's going on over there at Gearbox, Mr. Pitchford?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Well then Gearbox should be ashamed for making such a crap game.

Ultimate Veteran
    EGM gave it a 9/10.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/revie...onial-marines/

Like most successful license-based games, Aliens: Colonial Marines is much more than a loving homage; it serves as one of the most robust story-driven co-op experiences to date. The concept definitely has room to grow, but as maiden voyages go, Colonial Marines is a clear winner.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-12-2013 at 22:51.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    To those bringing up Duke Nukem Forever, didnt they only finish it? So you cant really blame them for how it was.

After all the other bad reviews, I think something seems fishy about that EGM review.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I never expected much from this game anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    To those bringing up Duke Nukem Forever, didnt they only finish it? So you cant really blame them for how it was.

After all the other bad reviews, I think something seems fishy about that EGM review.
    There's nothing fishy about it, or the huge Aliens: CM promo skin that the site is wearing at the moment! (Nah it's not a promo skin...but that would answer a lot)
    Last edited by Ghost; 02-13-2013 at 03:11.

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    Somehow this strikes me as actually being rather creepy, if only because of how abnormal it is.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I never expected much from this game anyway.
    Same. Another shooter? Yawn.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Sorry, Guys, I called Gearbox and they said my ideas was good=, however, I had no experience. In your face, Crapbox.
    Last edited by Silvy; 02-14-2013 at 01:59. Reason: forgot smiley

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    The comments on there are so damn funny

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Its funny how actually becoming a reviewer changes a person's perspective rather than being on the sidelines. A year ago I'd probably have been one of those people in the EGM comments.

I read the review and it didn't really tell much about the game, or even get me excited for it since he gave it a 9. I don't have a beef with the score being a 9 as much as a lot of the comments on that review thread were denigrating him for his score. Sure, when you put your name to a review for a legitimate site (myself included) you have to take the criticism or get out of dodge. But have gamers devolved to kindergartners that instead of playing a game themselves, either new, used or borrowed, they blindly follow scores?
    I know it is an unequal comparison, and maybe it is because I don't frequent movie forums, but the legion of movie watchers don't get this insane (Star Wars is the exception) when a movie get 3/4 stars or 2/4 stars. They just watch the movie and ignore everyone else who hates it.

Maybe he was bought, maybe he wasn't. Who is to know unless someone leaks an email.

18. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post

PSN ID
    sektoderselters9
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    OH MY GOD THAT LOOKS LIKE $#@!! I've been playing the PC version since yesterday and although it's only 5.5 gb with low-res environment textures (I put all the graphic details up to 11 and it still only has low-res environment textures) it doesn't look THAT bad. Is that the PS3 or Xbox version? OMG!

Well at least I had some fun with it. After reading that the games was too easy I started with hardened difficulty and (at least for me) it's quite challanging now. The atmosphere however does not come from scary effects as in Dead Space but is simply a call of duty with Aliens skin but worse graphics.
    Also, the game has no cover system, but the levels are somehow structured like a cover system would make sense.

Still hoping for a high-res texture update though.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Watched Gamespot review and god it looks awful from graphics to the whole gameplay at least they kept the sound of the Pulse Rifle in it but from all the trailers they published it was pure hype Aliens CM reminds me of another HAZE again hyped to hell and poor upon release. From the review they showed the character had no emotion when speaking pure stiff faces and poor speech and they showed really poor graphical glitched like walking towards a marine doing CPR and the gun in your hand going into his head looking through.

Seriously its another HAZE

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

PSN ID
    matt1y77
    I actually have this game now, and I gotta say I do like it. I know, I must be mad you are thinking, buying this game. First off I must say I have only tried the m/p for any length of time, (about two hours last night) and its good, yeah sure to start with the alien animation is a little crap when you transfer from the floor to the wall, but once you get past this the m/p is great fun. As an alien you can flank the marines by climbing above or below and then jumping out for a kill and as the marines you have to work together and cover each other or your dead meat. Real teamwork is something lost on most online games and it is great to see players working together.
    The video posted by Fijiandoce of that alien walking past is not a true reflection of the m/p gameplay, aliens run at great speed with (mostly) very good animation`s. I only got this game so I could play as an alien online, so not too bothered by the single player, If you were thinking of getting this game....maybe rent it first but there is a good muti player game here.

PSN ID
    Sage_of_Reason

Master Guru
    I don't care what anyone says. Aliens: Colonial Marines is a sweet looking game.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Get Aliens vs Predator clasic 2000 it was re-released in 2010 to work on modern PC with modern hardware and its good fun. Its 3 or around $5 I guess.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/3730/?snr=1_7_15__13

Alien gameplay
    http://youtu.be/dItKT7q8ybo

Predator gameplay
    http://youtu.be/8z931wMBS28

MArine gameplay
    http://youtu.be/DkGWWimIsmo

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Its funny how actually becoming a reviewer changes a person's perspective rather than being on the sidelines. A year ago I'd probably have been one of those people in the EGM comments.

I read the review and it didn't really tell much about the game, or even get me excited for it since he gave it a 9. I don't have a beef with the score being a 9 as much as a lot of the comments on that review thread were denigrating him for his score. Sure, when you put your name to a review for a legitimate site (myself included) you have to take the criticism or get out of dodge. But have gamers devolved to kindergartners that instead of playing a game themselves, either new, used or borrowed, they blindly follow scores?
    I know it is an unequal comparison, and maybe it is because I don't frequent movie forums, but the legion of movie watchers don't get this insane (Star Wars is the exception) when a movie get 3/4 stars or 2/4 stars. They just watch the movie and ignore everyone else who hates it.

Maybe he was bought, maybe he wasn't. Who is to know unless someone leaks an email.
    Its hard not to take take what reviews, and fellow gamers, say about games. Not everyone can afford to buy new releases, and not everyone has a way to rent games. My town use to have many options but then Blockbuster Canada went bankrupt, and all the other places either left the game rental business, or dont stock anywhere near new release games.

Also dont think its fair to compare gamers to movie watcher, movies are generally much cheaper and its easier to justify the price.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Its hard not to take take what reviews, and fellow gamers, say about games. Not everyone can afford to buy new releases, and not everyone has a way to rent games. My town use to have many options but then Blockbuster Canada went bankrupt, and all the other places either left the game rental business, or dont stock anywhere near new release games.

Also dont think its fair to compare gamers to movie watcher, movies are generally much cheaper and its easier to justify the price.
    You're right, not everyone can afford games, especially new. But from the comments the guy got thrown at him, how many of those people were going to buy the game anyways? I just think a lot of gamers in the current generation like throwing stones for the sake of throwing stones because they can. Criticism is great and is needed to keep journalists in line and honest but only if it is constructive. Calling someone a piece of $#@! because he scored a game against the grain does nothing but degrade us all, and is hardly constructive.

Thread Information