Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Why PS4 will be better than the 720

HEy guys, I found this article. Pretty interesting, about how the ps4 will actually do better than the 720. I mean It raises some really nice points i think you should check it out.

2013 is going to be a big year. Last year we had an array of crazy AAA titles, this year we have the next-generation consoles. With that, comes a storm of rumors, speculation and educated guesses. The community is yearning to hear the smallest detail concerning the consoles and the press is eager to deliver.

Now, there are boatloads of playstation 4 and xbox 720 rumors that are leaked from "industry sources", sources who claim to be working on the inside and have inside knowledge. Sometimes they're small, minor details and other times they're just pranks. However, within the plethora of rumors you'd think that at least one of them has to be somewhat accurate. One of these "industry sources" has to actually be in the industry. According to said rumors, the Playstation 4 is looking a lot better than the Xbox. As an Xbox fan, let me explain why.

In the past year, Microsoft has made its intentions abundantly clear with the Xbox. They want it to be able to do more than just play games, they want to turn in into an entertainment box. The current Xbox already has a wide range of entertainment apps like Netflix, Zune, ESPN and more. Microsoft wants to accentuate the fact that entertainment apps have far exceeded their expectations. During E3 2012, Microsoft confirmed that they're going to be putting a lot of focus on the entertainment aspect.

At first, that doesn't sound too bad, right? They've done a great job with the Xbox and it's games and now they want to bring up the other aspects of the console up to par. Along with my gaming habit, I can now enjoy plenty of movies, T.V shows and music. It would be safe to assume that the next-generation Xbox would not suffer in the gaming department.

My fear is that it will. With all this focus on the entertainment side, the amount of focus that was poured into the current generation Xbox will be much less. Mostly because now, the entertainment side and the gaming side will be on the same level. The next generation Xbox will not allow used games. This move is to combat piracy and promote digital downloads but will inevitably decrease the sales of the Xbox. Also, according to some developers, the Xbox's architecture seems to be suffering too. Microsoft is only allowing developers to utilize methods approved by them and nothing else. This limits the developers and forces them to go out of their way to port a title to the Xbox. Sound familiar?

In the midst of all this, Microsoft seems to be doing everything wrong whereas Sony sounds like it is on the right track. In our current generation consoles, the Playstation 3 was the tricky platform to develop for. Remember how long the DLC's for Skyrim took to get on the Playstation 3? It wasn't just Bethesda either. Now, Sony seems to have turned the tables.

They did indeed file a patent that will combat piracy but they might not even implement it. It could just be a placeholder, preventing Microsoft or Nintendo from filing it themselves. The same developers who commented on the next-generation Xbox's strict architecture stated that the Playstation 4 can leverage more power. Because unlike Microsoft, Sony has not set strict limitations when it comes to development. The architecture is less rigid than that of the Xbox.

The last thing is that could set the two apart is performance. According to the rumors, the two consoles are fairly close when it comes to their specifications. However, the main difference between the two is the RAM. The Xbox is rumored to have 8 GB whereas the Playstation 4 will have only 4 GB but the Xbox will be running a DDR3 RAM and the Playstation 4 will offer a GDDR5 RAM. Basically, this gives the Playstation 4 a slight advantage when it comes to visuals, because it will ultimately have more room for the developers to play around.

On that note, if any of these rumors prove to be true, I will most definitely be purchasing the Playstation 4 as I'm sure most of you will too. My only struggle will be getting back into that controller, which I hope they change drastically. This is all irrelevant until we hear the facts come from Sony and Microsoft themselves, but with all the rumors floating around, it's hard not to form some sort of opinion. Let us know which of the two consoles you plan on purchasing this year in the comments section below.
    Link: http://www.at7addak.com/en/Articles/...etter-than-the...

Enjoy let me know what you think because i sort of agree : )
    Last edited by DeviousOne; 02-12-2013 at 18:56.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    ANDYENG
    To many rumors to make sense of anything really. I don't believe the one about the xbox not allowing used games.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Is that your site?

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Is that your site?
    That was my first thought. I started reading the article and the poor journalism and writing, and just gave up.

5. Likes Vulgotha likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Well advertising is against the rules isn't it? This member needs a spankin'.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Soldier 95B
    I agree, but it is borderline and I can't prove that he is the site owner. Otherwise, BAM. Gone.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Welcome to the forums ramses. It would be better if you posted any ideas that are in your link into your OP. Using PSU to get traffic is kind of frowned upon. Also, you are more likely to get people reading your thoughts if they don't have to navigate away from the page.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Just sounds like a rehash of whats already being discussed in the PS4 section. Nothing to see here.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Edit post until further notice

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    Too soon to tell but I'm also afraid Microsoft would go too Nintendoish...
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by ramses View Post
    HEy guys, I found this article. Pretty interesting, about how the ps4 will actually do better than the 720. I mean It raises some really nice points i think you should check it out. Link: http://www.at7addak.com/en/Articles/...etter-than-the... Enjoy let me know what you think because i sort of agree : )
    The PS4 has 8GB of DDR5 not 4 so that article has some outdated rumors.

Forum Elder
    In the midst of all this, Microsoft seems to be doing everything wrong whereas Sony sounds like it is on the right track.
    I don't recall seeing or reading anything from MS to suggest that MS is doing anything wrong, never mind "everything ".

I've seen a rush announcement of PS4 and what looks to be a cheaply made, poorly designed gamepad.
    I've even seen next Gen games running on PC at a PS4 event that I know will also be on nextbox.

so how anyone can think MS is doing everything wrong is somewhat beyond me.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    I don't recall seeing or reading anything from MS to suggest that MS is doing anything wrong, never mind "everything ". I've seen a rush announcement of PS4 and what looks to be a cheaply made, poorly designed gamepad. I've even seen next Gen games running on PC at a PS4 event that I know will also be on nextbox. so how anyone can think MS is doing everything wrong is somewhat beyond me.
    lol Somebody sounds butthurt.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-22-2013 at 19:33.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I don't recall seeing or reading anything from MS to suggest that MS is doing anything wrong, never mind "everything ".

I've seen a rush announcement of PS4 and what looks to be a cheaply made, poorly designed gamepad.
    I've even seen next Gen games running on PC at a PS4 event that I know will also be on nextbox.

so how anyone can think MS is doing everything wrong is somewhat beyond me.
    Good to have you back Yung, you have been sorely missed here at PSU.

16. Likes Nitey likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Lol he'll be alright

Sent from my Note II

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    No $#@! the PS4 is going to take all of microsoft customers of what i heard about the $#@!box 720 people are just going to buy the PS4.
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    The PS Meeting didn't seem rushed to me?

It was over 2 hours long. Could have done with less talking IMO but now they can spend less time at E3 talking about the things they talked about on Wednesday. I'm sure there's a lot we don't know about yet

"Poorly designed gamepad"
    Let me guess. The analogs are in the wrong place?

Some people XD

Forum Sage
    Sony's conference didn't seem rushed, but they could've definitely ensemble a better presentation. 2 hours was too long for what they had to show. I understand they needed to save energy for E3 but still... for a new console presentation I believe they could've done it a lot better... not that Microsoft has been done thing much better lately though.
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    Sony's conference didn't seem rushed, but they could've definitely ensemble a better presentation. 2 hours was too long for what they had to show. I understand they needed to save energy for E3 but still... for a new console presentation I believe they could've done it a lot better... not that Microsoft has been done thing much better lately though.
    How would you have had it if you were the presentation planner?

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    This sure as hell looks cheap. You were right on, Yung.

Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 02-24-2013 at 23:35.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    This sure as hell looks cheap. You were right on, Yung.
    all that work, pictures and everything. lol Somebody sounds butthurt.
    Last edited by Yungstar 2006; 02-24-2013 at 23:45.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I recall you being the one butthurt and thrown into psu prision And that's a fact.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Why are we comparing against something that doesn't exist yet...

Via Tapatalk

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I recall you being the one butthurt and thrown into psu prision And that's a fact.
    Yep, I remember that too. lol

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    well he came back with a vengeance!

Thread Information