Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style

What are some of your ideas?

We're all gamers and most likely want to design a game. Hypothetically pretend your favorite company came up to you for a gaming design and If they liked It,You could help them with the game. What would the plot of your game be? indulge us in information

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You know how they have those flight simulators? I would love to see a Space Simulator. You're in FPS view, but inside an astronaut suit. You do missions on your space station and you can explore a star system. All mapped out with planets that are "terra" to land on. The game would even serve as a data project for NASA. Kind of like folding @ home. Each mission you do, you can upload your mission log, stats, videos, pics and entries to NASA. And there's never an end to the game, you are always going on missions because the server updates every day or week with new missions. The one impossible mission will be to explore every square foot of a planet and collect data.

3. Likes MonkeyClaw likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    You're a druggy who's completely losing his sht in a world he himself doesn't quite understand. Everything around you in this twisted world seems to be against you and on top of this your girlfriend get's kidnapped and you set out on a quest to get her back. Unfortunately the kidnapper is a criminal leader and he sends his toughest guys to stop your efforts on getting your girlfriend back. The action goes all the way into stinking the sewers where you're on the brink of losing your mind. The only person who can help you get her back is your brother. When you finally think you've found her in an abandoned warehouse, a guy with a $#@!ing mushroom on his head tells you she's in another castle. Holy $#@!ing $#@!.

Learn to do signatures here

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    You know how they have those flight simulators? I would love to see a Space Simulator. You're in FPS view, but inside an astronaut suit. You do missions on your space station and you can explore a star system. All mapped out with planets that are "terra" to land on. The game would even serve as a data project for NASA. Kind of like folding @ home. Each mission you do, you can upload your mission log, stats, videos, pics and entries to NASA. And there's never an end to the game, you are always going on missions because the server updates every day or week with new missions. The one impossible mission will be to explore every square foot of a planet and collect data.
    Get out of my head! I have though about a similar idea as well, but I would love to see the ability to have different propulsion systems and the ability to design your own space craft, etc. Would be cool to travel across the galaxy and explore other places and be able to setup outposts out in the middle of nowhere! Kinda like a NASA meets Star Trek meets Star Wars MMORPG!

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

6. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    You might find Shattered Horizon interesting.
    TIs nto quite ont he same level you describe but its set in space in space suites.
    I found the game really dull and boring and regret buying it but there is a minority of players that do love it.

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by spyrde View Post
    You're a druggy who's completely losing his sht in a world he himself doesn't quite understand. Everything around you in this twisted world seems to be against you and on top of this your girlfriend get's kidnapped and you set out on a quest to get her back. Unfortunately the kidnapper is a criminal leader and he sends his toughest guys to stop your efforts on getting your girlfriend back. The action goes all the way into stinking the sewers where you're on the brink of losing your mind. The only person who can help you get her back is your brother. When you finally think you've found her in an abandoned warehouse, a guy with a $#@!ing mushroom on his head tells you she's in another castle. Holy $#@!ing $#@!.
    Where you smokin a lil somethin when you came up with this? It's a cool idea don't get me wrong. That would be awesome to see the world morph into some freaky stuff. Fighting mushrooms in a castle is something I can say I've never done.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    TIs nto quite ont he same level you describe but its set in space in space suites.
    I found the game really dull and boring and regret buying it but there is a minority of players that do love it.

Muzzle flashes in space?!

10. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Good stuff guys keep them coming! I'm enjoying reading them lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

LOL newton is a sad

the violation of the third law is headache inducing

if i could come up with a game it would probably be similar to Mass Effect, but play more like MGS4, and have a story like Mirrors Edge/terminator.

on a planet close to the galaxies core, a peaceful and prosperous race create "true AI" to oversee their future survival, placing much of their culture in its hands. the race dies and the AI is left with unfulfilled parameters. to fulfill its objective it enforces its own vision of "Safety" across the galaxy, incidentally oppressing those within it. to achieve this it employs the defensive and offensive mechanized drones granted to it by its creators.

3500 years later your story starts as an oppressed navy captain in a totalitarian naval base on the planet Jupiter (at this point every race is space faring but adhere to the strict "order" enforced by the AI). upset at the lack of freedom given by the AI you fake your ships destruction and go about setting the citizens of the galaxy free. this starts the stories chain of events wherin you gather forces from around the milky way and pit them against a misunderstood AI.

features of the game-
    -a trully personal team, see someone worth hiring? you can recruit them. someone not pulling their weight?....players choice on how to 'deal' with it (limit is 9 favorite squad members everybody else will be filler NPC)
    -only three squad members accompany you as such missions can be assigned to your other team members but they can die on these permanently, requiring the recruitment and training of a new member
    -team can consist of tech, engineers and army guys. techies can be assigned research goals and as such need not enter battle at all, and net you advanced gear at certain intervals (though not required)
    -MGS4 gameplay (the whole shebang)
    -Heavy emphesis on RPG. focus of war guy, diplomat guy, or mish mash of both
    -unlike Mass Effect, your choices do matter and simply picking 'paragon' all the time will not net you the "best" ending
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 02-13-2013 at 16:04.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox

Pixel Miami Vice Madness

Oh I have so many ideas, but will share the one I really like and thought it was awesome recently. A GTA like game designed in eboy style pixel art and based in Miami. As in every similar game, you start up as a gangster with not many connections and low on cash. You play through the game and gain more connections, respect and money. Everything is graphically designed in eboy style pixel art which would look gorgeous especially in this case as the game is based in Miami. The game would also run at 60 fps and will have very smooth animations. The story will be about a gangster which is very different and unique compared to average people. Some important persons who give him assignments think he is crazy or insane. There is also a very big variety of vehicles, especially cars. Around 50 cars, 8 helicopters and 19 boats, no motorcycles, aircrafts though. The view would be similar like in gta 1 but not that straight top view, it will be under a certain angle. The world wouldnt be very big, it would be decently sized but will have a lot of details. There will be money like an in-game currencies which is earned in missions or by making drug-deals, stealing cars or killing certain targets. After the story completion, real estates will be affordable and will generate money over time. Safehouses are also going to be able to be bought, they will have their own unique interior, exterior, garages and helipads. After finishing the main story, a lot of optional missions will appear and give certain rewards like unique luxury cars which will appear only after optional missions completion and uniquely styled weapons, like the golden eagle and the pink double saw shotgun. Weapons, clothes and vehicles can be bought in shops, there will be 4 tiers of shops/items levels:

Low
    /Medium/High/ Everybody Cries. The game will have a lot of interaction with the environment, for example different weather, day/night cycle and also when driving a high tier car people will start staring at the car and giving attention while when a weapon is equipped people will run in fear or just be more careful by evading you. When driving an everybody cries vehicle or carrying a weapon the surrounding people will start crying and going insane. After story completion and the completion of all the optional missions a unique feature will unlock which will give you the opportunity to design your own missions limited only by the games potential. The game would be titled Pixel Miami Vice Madness. Achievements will also be in the game and doing all of them unlocks a golden rabbit mask which shines very brightly and has a very sexy skin. You will also be able to hire gangsters, body guards and own special forces which you can design(Clothes, look and weapons). These followers will follow you and help you in battle or drive you to certain places selected by the player. There are also going to be abilities to drink a wide variety of alcoholic drinks, smoke cigarettes, cigars and drugs and also use consumable drugs. Sexual interaction would be also possible. 3-4 well contented DLCs will also come out after some time. I would like to stop here but there would be thousands of things I would still like to adress however I dont want to go too far.
    Last edited by Cybertox; 02-13-2013 at 16:30.

14. Likes -Dj- likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    Where you smokin a lil somethin when you came up with this? It's a cool idea don't get me wrong. That would be awesome to see the world morph into some freaky stuff. Fighting mushrooms in a castle is something I can say I've never done.
    You've never played Mario?
    Last edited by spyrde; 02-15-2013 at 13:52.

El Presidente
    You've never played Mario?
    Mario goes hardcore! I didn't think of that.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    What about when Mario goes berserk?

18. Likes spyrde , Cybertox likes this post
    Master Guru
    Well, my original post was just a joke though if you understand

Ultimate Veteran
    I had an idea of a GTA type of game but more focused on real life. Like you start out like a baby and then you grow up and have to face the challenges of normal life, like making money somehow. The choices you make as impacts what type of job you can get. Perhaps you chose the life of a criminal? Maybe you want to be a police officer etc. You are your character from birth to death and you have to deal with everything you have to deal with in real life - even death of your loved ones etc (in the game, that is). Everything would be super realistic.

Probably many years until such a game can exist though.
    Other opinions are available.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    I had an idea of a GTA type of game but more focused on real life. Like you start out like a baby and then you grow up and have to face the challenges of normal life, like making money somehow. The choices you make as impacts what type of job you can get. Perhaps you chose the life of a criminal? Maybe you want to be a police officer etc. You are your character from birth to death and you have to deal with everything you have to deal with in real life - even death of your loved ones etc (in the game, that is). Everything would be super realistic.

I want to take what ever you are taking!

That would be a funny game though, go crawling around and crapping your pants at the beginning, but I don't think as a game the emotion would be there like in real life, and the way The Sims games have been going this may as well be The Sims 4!

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post

That game already exists.

It's called ''real life''

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat

graphics in RL are crap though, plus no respawns

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    graphics in RL are crap though, plus no respawns
    Tell that to Buddhists!

Ultimate Veteran

I don't want to be someone's prison $#@! in real life!
    Other opinions are available.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Everybody is so occupated with real life discussions that nobody noticed my great game idea

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Everybody is so occupated with real life discussions that nobody noticed my great game idea
    I just got hung up on the 19 boats...why not 20 boats? That art style reminds me of the old Quest series of games from Sierra:

Police Quest

King's Quest

Space Quest

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I just got hung up on the 19 boats...why not 20 boats? That art style reminds me of the old Quest series of games from Sierra:

Police Quest

King's Quest

Space Quest
    Cause in my opinion 19 boats is pretty much the best number of boats for such a game, not too many and not too few. Police Quests Pixel Art looks sick, shame I never played that game.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Cause in my opinion 19 boats is pretty much the best number of boats for such a game, not too many and not too few. Police Quests Pixel Art looks sick, shame I never played that game.
    LOL! Oh but you can still play it...and for super cheap I might add

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/police_quest_1_2_3_4

This site has Part 1 through 4 for only $10, and there is no DRM! You can also find King's Quest, Space Quest and a whole slew of old games on there as well!

30. Likes Cybertox likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Oh I have so many ideas, but will share the one I really like and thought it was awesome recently. A GTA like game designed in eboy style pixel art and based in Miami. As in every similar game, you start up as a gangster with not many connections and low on cash. You play through the game and gain more connections, respect and money. Everything is graphically designed in eboy style pixel art which would look gorgeous especially in this case as the game is based in Miami. The game would also run at 60 fps and will have very smooth animations. The story will be about a gangster which is very different and unique compared to average people. Some important persons who give him assignments think he is crazy or insane. There is also a very big variety of vehicles, especially cars. Around 50 cars, 8 helicopters and 19 boats, no motorcycles, aircrafts though. The view would be similar like in gta 1 but not that straight top view, it will be under a certain angle. The world wouldnt be very big, it would be decently sized but will have a lot of details. There will be money like an in-game currencies which is earned in missions or by making drug-deals, stealing cars or killing certain targets. After the story completion, real estates will be affordable and will generate money over time. Safehouses are also going to be able to be bought, they will have their own unique interior, exterior, garages and helipads. After finishing the main story, a lot of optional missions will appear and give certain rewards like unique luxury cars which will appear only after optional missions completion and uniquely styled weapons, like the golden eagle and the pink double saw shotgun. Weapons, clothes and vehicles can be bought in shops, there will be 4 tiers of shops/items levels:

Low
    /Medium/High/ Everybody Cries. The game will have a lot of interaction with the environment, for example different weather, day/night cycle and also when driving a high tier car people will start staring at the car and giving attention while when a weapon is equipped people will run in fear or just be more careful by evading you. When driving an everybody cries vehicle or carrying a weapon the surrounding people will start crying and going insane. After story completion and the completion of all the optional missions a unique feature will unlock which will give you the opportunity to design your own missions limited only by the games potential. The game would be titled Pixel Miami Vice Madness. Achievements will also be in the game and doing all of them unlocks a golden rabbit mask which shines very brightly and has a very sexy skin. You will also be able to hire gangsters, body guards and own special forces which you can design(Clothes, look and weapons). These followers will follow you and help you in battle or drive you to certain places selected by the player. There are also going to be abilities to drink a wide variety of alcoholic drinks, smoke cigarettes, cigars and drugs and also use consumable drugs. Sexual interaction would be also possible. 3-4 well contented DLCs will also come out after some time. I would like to stop here but there would be thousands of things I would still like to adress however I dont want to go too far.
    So, pretty much a derivative of Vice City or Hotline Miami.

Thread Information