Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Xbox founder: "The last five years have been painful to watch"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...inful-to-watch

Definitely some interesting viewpoints brought up.

2. Likes FableMaster likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Sony's new marketing guy?

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Forum Guru
    Not looking forward with Xbox 720 since its US only focus on online content (netflix, hulu, etc).

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanehead View Post
    Not looking forward with Xbox 720 since its US only focus on online content (netflix, hulu, etc).

Really? Why are they ditching the UK?

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    It's just this random notion that Xbox is irrelevant outside of the US. But I would say their services and features will be top notch in the UK as well, like they have been this gen

I think mainland Europe can have something to complain about though. LIVE is apparently $#@!ty across those countries with no change in price

Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Sony's new marketing guy?
    I am guessing you haven't read the article and just upset that he is attacking your precious brand.... He isn't pro Sony either. It's almost as if damage control is automated response..

Def agree with him about MS ditching studios and such. But he has to understand MS is here to make money and investing in games is more expensive than investing in media features. It's financially smart way to distinguish themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by FableMaster; 02-14-2013 at 04:20.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by FableMaster View Post
    I am guessing you haven't read the article and just upset that he is attacking your precious brand.... He isn't pro Sony either. It's almost as if damage control is automated response..

Def agree with him about MS ditching studios and such. But he has to understand MS is here to make money and investing in games is more expensive than investing in media features. It's financially smart way to distinguish themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    My favorite brand? LMAO

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Superior Member
    But all of their media features are already available on Smart TV's and blu-ray players, and there isn't a $50/yr fee to use them. MS really needs to rethink their strategy.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    But all of their media features are already available on Smart TV's and blu-ray players, and there isn't a $50/yr fee to use them. MS really needs to rethink their strategy.
    Exactly. But it is one of those things "our competition does it so we have to" type of things. Requiring live for it tho is the crappy part, but they have to make Live worth it. Next gen I fully expect Live prices to get raised another $10 or possibly more, maybe even a tier live.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Elder
    40+ million users says they've done all the thinking they need to do.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    40+ million users says they've done all the thinking they need to do.
    But isn't that because Smart TV's and blu-ray players have really just become affordable and commonplace? Pretty much every decent TV is coming internet-connected? Why should I fire up my console to watch Netflix or do whatever when I can simply press a button on my TV remote?

Everyone here knows that I'm partial to the 360 but the more I read the more I'm leaning towards the PS4. I'm actually looking forward to the PS4 announcement next week. I could not have imagined me saying that a month ago.

But isn't that because Smart TV's and blu-ray players have really just become affordable and commonplace? Pretty much every decent TV is coming internet-connected? Why should I fire up my console to watch Netflix or do whatever when I can simply press a button on my TV remote?

Everyone here knows that I'm partial to the 360 but the more I read the more I'm leaning towards the PS4. I'm actually looking forward to the PS4 announcement next week. I could not have imagined me saying that a month ago.
    True, but they have bit more to go before they have all the features Live has. As matter of fact MS may keep improving them that they may never catch up.

Most importantly they may just subscribe to it simply because their friends have it....

This is financially genius ...almost. Certainly cheaper than having to invest alot in games.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    AshSteHol
    Items User name style
    True, but they have bit more to go before they have all the features Live has. As matter of fact MS may keep improving them that they may never catch up.

Most importantly they may just subscribe to it simply because their friends have it....

This is financially genius ...almost. Certainly cheaper than having to invest alot in games.

What are all these features Live has that PSN doesn't? Apart from Cross Game Chat I can't think of anything.
    KING OF POP
    1958 - 2009

Superior Member

I gotta disagree with most of this. There aren't many non - gaming features that I don't have on my TV and blu ray player that my 360 has. And certainly none that are console sellers. They're mainly fluff.

I can get all of the major streaming services, a web browser, and home media streaming right from my TV.

If MS is going to rely on gaining customers based on what their friends have, that will probably come back to haunt them.

So you don't want a gaming console manufacturer investing in the games? That's odd, very odd.

BTW, why does the OP only come to the Xbox section to post negative news?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Dedicated Member

Old man, he always has been the Chief Xbox hater.

Nucleus

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucleus View Post
    Old man, he always has been the Chief Xbox hater.

Nucleus
    WOW! Maybe you're not aware but I have a 360 and not a PS3. I sold it because I'm so heavily invested in the 360 this gen and don't have time for multiple consoles. Check out my posting history and you'll see.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    WOW! Maybe you're not aware but I have a 360 and not a PS3. I sold it because I'm so heavily invested in the 360 this gen and don't have time for multiple consoles. Check out my posting history and you'll see.
    I think he was referring to Fablemaster and not you.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I think he was referring to Fablemaster and not you.
    Oh, I see that now. He was addressing me, not referring to me.

Thanks, Rad.
    Sorry Nucleus.

Flaw3d Genius
    I think this place is just got to the point it's just a MS bashing forum people no longer no who's calling who Xbox haters lol

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    No it hasn't. PSU has been extremely cool over the past year. Mods are, for the most part, spam deleters. Its just the recent rumors that have ignited things abit recently.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    I think this place is just got to the point it's just a MS bashing forum people no longer no who's calling who Xbox haters lol
    Well I for one am not an Xbox hater. I am just disappointed by the direction that MS is going. I'm sure that some will be satisfied with what they are doinbut I'm not.

I know that my son will be getting the new Xbox because that's what he has now, that's what his friends have and he only plays sports games so he doesn't care about exclusives.

Dedicated Member

Well I for one am not an Xbox hater. I am just disappointed by the direction that MS is going. I'm sure that some will be satisfied with what they are doinbut I'm not.

I know that my son will be getting the new Xbox because that's what he has now, that's what his friends have and he only plays sports games so he doesn't care about exclusives.
    I'm ready for some new tech. If Microsoft plans on basing its next generation around Kinect I will be deeply disappointed. Sorry my comment earlier was directed at the OP, not you.

As for next gen All I'm really asking for is a system that can deliver PC comparable graphics in 1080p at 60fps in 3D. I don't really care for all the motion based soft core gaming gemics.

Nucleus

Thread Information