Latest PSU headlines:

Apprentice
    Items Dark Souls CoverPS3 Slim

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

So I got XCOM yesterday and it really is such a fantastic game. I have never really been into strategy games that much, but after seeing someone playing it on Twitch, I thought I'd give the demo a try and I was hooked after that. So I decided to just get it and I am enjoying it so much that I can barely put it down. It's one of those games where you keep telling yourself you need to stop after one more mission, but you end up playing it like for several more hours because it's so much fun.

I really was quite surprise by how much I liked the game actually, because like I said earlier, I have never really gotten into strategy games. I think what I love most though is the constant progress of your soldiers and how attached you can get to them due to all the battles you go through with them, as well as all the money and upgrades you spend to make them amazing. The gameplay is fun by itself, but adding that connection I have with my soldiers really makes me think things out all the more, and if any of them get close to dying it makes me very nervous. Overall, I think the progression of everything is done really well in all aspects of the game, and you really do start to feel like you have quite the operation going with all your labs and engineers. The story and everything so far hasn't really been anything special, but I haven't mind, I just enjoy the missions no matter what they have me doing.

So yeah, I was just wondering if anybody else has this, or has played it, and I wanted to hear some of your opinions on it.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    It's a VERY good game. It was GOTY for a few big name news sites last year. It has a few graphical bugs, like shooting through ****, but that's a minor gripe for such an awesome game.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Apprentice
    Items Dark Souls CoverPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    It's a VERY good game. It was GOTY for a few big name news sites last year. It has a few graphical bugs, like shooting through ****, but that's a minor gripe for such an awesome game.
    Yeah my soldiers definitely shoot through stuff all the time, lol. Frame rate can struggle at times as well, but I haven't had too much problem with that so far. It is a great game though and for me has been really refreshing to play. I can definitely understand why some websites gave it their game of the year.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I can't believe I'm just now seeing this thread. I talked about how XCOM: Enemy Unknown was my game of the year for 2012 though I've spent a lot more time with Sleeping Dogs. I only wish XCOM: Enemy Unknown had an offline multiplayer feature because online really isn't my thing.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Thread Information