Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    xSoloWing--

What job do you want?

Like most kids back in the day, I wanted to be Cop. But quickly change lol

Then I wanted to join the military, again, I change my mind, though I would still like to join one day.

Now I'm studying to become a screenwriter. This one is not changing for me.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Wanted to be an architect many years ago, did really well back in the day with classes on it and never followed through with it...did the IT/LAN Admin stuff for a while and now I am in Sales...now I am interested in working toward an electrical engineering degree, so many bad ass things you could do with that knowledge!
    Last edited by MonkeyClaw; 02-13-2013 at 18:47.

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I wanted to make money. I learned at a young age **** I liked to do cost money.

So mission accomplished lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

4. Likes $Greatness$ wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Elite
    Do I live in a nice house with my GF or in my Moms basement? You decide!!
    I wanted to be in the gaming industry. Designing and creating games. Then I found out I had abysmal skills in anything coding related, and I can't draw for ****. So that idea is out of the window.

Nowadays my ideal work would be working backstage at a professional wrestling company like WWE or TNA. It'd be awesome to help write the shows or be a consultant for creative ideas.
    Working on production would be awesome too, making sure the shows run smooth. So pretty much anything backstage is what I'd want to do.

A job there would be my dream but I don't see it happening, especially because of where I live..

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I either want to work for CCP (creators of DUST 514 and EVE Online) or work in the game journalism industry.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by XMW View Post
    I wanted to be in the gaming industry. Designing and creating games. Then I found out I had abysmal skills in anything coding related, and I can't draw for ****. So that idea is out of the window.

Nowadays my ideal work would be working backstage at a professional wrestling company like WWE or TNA. It'd be awesome to help write the shows or be a consultant for creative ideas.
    Working on production would be awesome too, making sure the shows run smooth. So pretty much anything backstage is what I'd want to do.

A job there would be my dream but I don't see it happening, especially because of where I live..
    That would be cool working backstage for wwe then I could bother you for news from backstage lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    I wanted to be a game tester/game designer for so long, and I almost got so close after watching Grandma's Boy. But I changed my mind to film. I wanna be a screen writer, cinematographer, editor, sound designer and ultimately a director when I feel confident enough to take that role. My dream job is to travel around the world and shoot footage for BBC do***entaries on the regions or for Nat Geo channel or the travel channel. And get paid on top of that.

9. Likes DeadCrow wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Elite
    Do I live in a nice house with my GF or in my Moms basement? You decide!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    That would be cool working backstage for wwe then I could bother you for news from backstage lol
    LOL yeah. "Hey bro, don't bother watching the PPV tonight, Cena wins the title for the 29th time" Haha if I got into WWE and into a position where I could write or book the show I'd make sure we'd see less of Cena and more of the talented wrestlers.

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    when i was little i just wanted to be someone important haha, don't think it worked out :P Now though I'd love to build guitars, i doubt there is anywhere near me though which does this sort of stuff.

"Guns for Show, Knives for Pro"

PSN ID
    Chickenooble
    I've been a professional .NET developer for six years and I'm just wanting to break the six-figure mark. Almost there, but I need to get a B.S. in Comp Sci (or some other IT related study) before I can really thrive at the senior developer or engineer level. Right now doors aren't opening easily enough, so the next couple years will be long days in the office and longer nights with my face in the books.

My ten-year goal from here is to either be working as a senior engineer or as the head of my own software, or web design, company.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    What's so sad about this is all I see is "I wanted to be." Screw that. I would rather be It. Get out there and be who you're are meant to be. Carpe Diem.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by XMW View Post
    LOL yeah. "Hey bro, don't bother watching the PPV tonight, Cena wins the title for the 29th time" Haha if I got into WWE and into a position where I could write or book the show I'd make sure we'd see less of Cena and more of the talented wrestlers.
    Lmao that would be badass!!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I wanted to be a veterinarian and help small animals. Now I just want to be a Dental Hygienist.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    xSoloWing--
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    I wanted to be a game tester/game designer for so long, and I almost got so close after watching Grandma's Boy. But I changed my mind to film. I wanna be a screen writer, cinematographer, editor, sound designer and ultimately a director when I feel confident enough to take that role. My dream job is to travel around the world and shoot footage for BBC do***entaries on the regions or for Nat Geo channel or the travel channel. And get paid on top of that.
    We're both are taking the same direction, I wanted to be game designer too, but it's hard to become one when you don't have the proper software, and the other materials to start. I really like the idea of being a screenwriter. I'm hoping to write screenplay for games. Though right now I'm writing a script for a movie hopefully that one day can get sold.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCrow View Post
    We're both are taking the same direction, I wanted to be game designer too, but it's hard to become one when you don't have the proper software, and the other materials to start. I really like the idea of being a screenwriter. I'm hoping to write screenplay for games. Though right now I'm writing a script for a movie hopefully that one day can get sold.
    Most people that are huge in the industry started from nothing. If I was you, I would find a group of dedicated people y'all pitch in on a game. Get the product where It can be viewed and see if anyone could fund you. That's what most people do.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    xSoloWing--
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    Most people that are huge in the industry started from nothing. If I was you, I would find a group of dedicated people y'all pitch in on a game. Get the product where It can be viewed and see if anyone could fund you. That's what most people do.
    Using Kickstarter would be a great idea. Just need to find the right people. Thanks for the advice.

Veteran
    Not sure what Hugh Hefners job title is, but I want his job.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    xSoloWing--
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    Not sure what Hugh Hefners job title is, but I want his job.
    Caucasian Pimp

Veteran
    Caucasian Pimp
    Yes that's the one!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Yeah man. I'm attending a film course in college. We just finished doing our first pre-production binder for our 4 minute short film. We're shooting on the 25th to march 3rd. I cannot wait!! I love the surreal feeling of being on set and creating magic!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    xSoloWing--
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Yeah man. I'm attending a film course in college. We just finished doing our first pre-production binder for our 4 minute short film. We're shooting on the 25th to march 3rd. I cannot wait!! I love the surreal feeling of being on set and creating magic!
    Best of luck to you guys! Hope it comes out great.

Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I'd like to work more in the IT department of the company. I do get more and more work there, just not as fast or as much as I would like.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    I'd like to work more in the IT department of the company. I do get more and more work there, just not as fast or as much as I would like.
    That field does provide good job security.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Lead Automotive Exterior Designer.
    Develop an own business.
    Research something unique and get extremely rich ;P

I dont have that many ideas but for me the amount of money I am going to earn is important. I would love to have a job with 30k per month salary.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    One that pays.

My dream is to become an AD at a Division I college. I have a degree in Sports Management and so far nothing yet. Just working a dead end part time job but I think something might change here in the next year. I'm going to turn this around and get on track to my dream.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

28. Likes DeadCrow, Nitey wishes they had posted this first.

Thread Information