Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Even one of the founders is quoted for saying that they lost their way at the end of the article.
    Yep and the the rumors of the 720 being pushed towards casuals and entertainment fall right into place with MS's recent statement.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Not to mention shifting their main 1st party focus on Kinect while rehashing the same 3 IPs over and over and even turning Fable into a Kinect game.
    To me, that is spot on. They abandoned the 360 core gamer long before ramping up for the 720 as far as a whole lot of gamers are concerned. IMHO, I think Sony is thinking about who is buying games right now, that's why they aren't putting all their eggs in the same basket that didn't show up for WiiU.

Word up.

Dedicated Member

I don't get what he's saying at all.

For a moment I thought he was going to say something along the lines of "announcing too early will result in reduced PS3 sales" which is a possibility. It sounded like that's what he was starting to say, but then he went off in an entirely different direction that made no sense. It ended as kind of a WTF moment. I'm not even sure he knows what he was trying to say.

4. Likes RaY_210 , Ixion likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    To me, that is spot on. They abandoned the 360 core gamer long before ramping up for the 720 as far as a whole lot of gamers are concerned. IMHO, I think Sony is thinking about who is buying games right now, that's why they aren't putting all their eggs in the same basket that didn't show up for WiiU.

Word up.
    Yep. This casual market that they are targeting is going to do nothing but bolster PS4 sales as long as they don't pull some sort of blunder. And assuming all rumors about 720 are false, which I find doubtful. No way all these stories are false.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Exactly and that's what has me worried about the 720. It's like a trust issue. I don't know if they will give up or continue support of their new exclusives.
    Yep and thats the thing. Even if MS supports new core exclusives early in the gen they have already proven that they cant be trusted to stay the course.

Forum Sage
    Yep and thats the thing. Even if MS supports new core exclusives early in the gen they have already proven that they cant be trusted to stay the course.
    LOL, just like how they were supposed to can the 360 after 4 years like the original xbox, right?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    LOL, just like how they were supposed to can the 360 after 4 years like the original xbox, right?
    lol What does that have to do with their shift in first party development focus?

Veteran
    All eyes are on this event, worldwide! And either we get a PS4 reveal or a major troll.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    All eyes are on this event, worldwide! And either we get a PS4 reveal or a major troll.
    Would be suicide. I'm sure you are joking. I just honestly don't see how anyone could think that Sony would do something so stupid. Some people do still believe this is not a PS4 reveal. If they weren't announcing the PS4 they would have had a press release shortly after the hype hit and shot it down. Instead of letting it get out of control and receiving ultimate hate and just having the event without letting people down before hand.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    lol What does that have to do with their shift in first party development focus?
    I think I have phase 3 for my sig
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Oh Snap!!!! I wish I could rep you! Stupid spread around system.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    lol Good one. I think you nailed all the phases quite well. +rep

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    off course, he is wetting his pants on the truth
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Apprentice

Cautions? I'm sure Microsoft cares so much about their competition that they're willing to go out of their way to caution Sony on something, lol. Sounds like somebody is scared.

Forum Sage
    You say that they will have the exact same strategy for the next xbox as they did for the 360. A foolish thing to say before the consoles have even launched.

Just like those that said the 360 would only have a 4 year lifespan like the original xbox before the 360 launched.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    You say that they will have the exact same strategy for the next xbox as they did for the 360. A foolish thing to say before the consoles have even launched. Just like those that said the 360 would only have a 4 year lifespan like the original xbox before the 360 launched.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...15#post6011515 Between that and their casual shift I would say its a safe bet that they will follow that same strategy. To think they wont seems pretty naive at this point. Or at best wishful thinking.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-15-2013 at 00:39.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Would be suicide. I'm sure you are joking. I just honestly don't see how anyone could think that Sony would do something so stupid. Some people do still believe this is not a PS4 reveal. If they weren't announcing the PS4 they would have had a press release shortly after the hype hit and shot it down. Instead of letting it get out of control and receiving ultimate hate and just having the event without letting people down before hand.
    Well it is definitely most likely to be a PS4 announcement, but could be anything, maybe even the now rumored PS Vita v2. That's why I think it would be the most epic troll on gaming history ever lol.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    If it were a massive troll; I would have to applaud them for their trolling skillz.

Sounds like sour grapes by MS honestly. I thi if MS wants to show the mainstream crowd that they're still dedicated to the 'core' - they may want to start small by making 'Games' at the forefront of the 360; instead of being the 3rd one along. Or at least make YOUR games that YOU purchased the focus of their GAMING CONSOLE!

I get they want to capitalise on the entertainment centre aspect; but you can do that with pretty much EVERY OTHER device (phone, tablet, notebook, pc, dedicated media hub etc etc etceteFUCKINGra!) - least you could do is showcase your gaming console by you know; having the games part front and centre - as in, catering options for the user to make it so.

Sorry -just annoyed at thinking about this.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    can we know for sure he actually made them comments or it is not just a SONY stunt, for us to believe
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...15#post6011515 Between that and their casual shift I would say its a safe bet that they will follow that same strategy. To think they wont seems pretty naive at this point. Or at best wishful thinking.
    If you read my other post you would see why this is not likely to be the case.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    If you read my other post you would see why this is not likely to be the case.
    I think rad's (and others') point simply was, that if they did indeed come out early in the gen (1-4 years) with strong 'core' titles - what would be to say that they don't 'abandon' (selling first party; heavily reduced exclusives towards the end) it after that (like with the 360). I mean, doesn't that technically give the Xbox a shortened lifecycle?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    If true, i will pull down my pants and PEE outside the buildings of SONY or MICROSOFT

Ultimate Veteran
    Ms sounds kinda sounds scared,cant wait..

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I think rad's (and others') point simply was, that if they did indeed come out early in the gen (1-4 years) with strong 'core' titles - what would be to say that they don't 'abandon' (selling first party; heavily reduced exclusives towards the end) it after that (like with the 360). I mean, doesn't that technically give the Xbox a shortened lifecycle?
    Yep exactly. How can we trust MS not to do that again with the 720? I would rather support a company that will take care of me through the entire lifecycle of their console instead of tapering off halfway through and then suddenly shift their focus. Sony is still bringing new core IPs right up to the end of this generation so they have already earned my trust.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-15-2013 at 03:15.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Yep exactly. How can we trust MS not to do that again with the 720? I would rather support a company that will take care of me through the entire lifecycle of their console instead of tapering off halfway through and then suddenly shift their focus.
    That's when they got $#@!y. It's still going on. It seems the way the rumors are shaping up they are just thinking no matter what everyone will buy their console because they bought a 360. Not so fast.

Thread Information