Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 128
  1. #26
    Master Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,712
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    18,479 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Even one of the founders is quoted for saying that they lost their way at the end of the article.
    Yep and the the rumors of the 720 being pushed towards casuals and entertainment fall right into place with MS's recent statement.


  2. #27
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,057
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    112,232 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Not to mention shifting their main 1st party focus on Kinect while rehashing the same 3 IPs over and over and even turning Fable into a Kinect game.
    To me, that is spot on. They abandoned the 360 core gamer long before ramping up for the 720 as far as a whole lot of gamers are concerned. IMHO, I think Sony is thinking about who is buying games right now, that's why they aren't putting all their eggs in the same basket that didn't show up for WiiU.

    Word up.

  3. #28
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,523
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    20,701 (0 Banked)
    I don't get what he's saying at all.

    For a moment I thought he was going to say something along the lines of "announcing too early will result in reduced PS3 sales" which is a possibility. It sounded like that's what he was starting to say, but then he went off in an entirely different direction that made no sense. It ended as kind of a WTF moment. I'm not even sure he knows what he was trying to say.

  4. Likes RaY_210 , Ixion likes this post
  5. #29
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14,084
    Rep Power
    149
    Points
    94,748 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    To me, that is spot on. They abandoned the 360 core gamer long before ramping up for the 720 as far as a whole lot of gamers are concerned. IMHO, I think Sony is thinking about who is buying games right now, that's why they aren't putting all their eggs in the same basket that didn't show up for WiiU.

    Word up.
    Yep. This casual market that they are targeting is going to do nothing but bolster PS4 sales as long as they don't pull some sort of blunder. And assuming all rumors about 720 are false, which I find doubtful. No way all these stories are false.




    Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

  6. #30
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    168
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Exactly and that's what has me worried about the 720. It's like a trust issue. I don't know if they will give up or continue support of their new exclusives.
    Yep and thats the thing. Even if MS supports new core exclusives early in the gen they have already proven that they cant be trusted to stay the course.

  7. #31
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,045
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    44,757 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yep and thats the thing. Even if MS supports new core exclusives early in the gen they have already proven that they cant be trusted to stay the course.
    LOL, just like how they were supposed to can the 360 after 4 years like the original xbox, right?

  8. #32
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    168
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    LOL, just like how they were supposed to can the 360 after 4 years like the original xbox, right?
    lol What does that have to do with their shift in first party development focus?

  9. #33
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,735
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    60,160 (0 Banked)
    All eyes are on this event, worldwide! And either we get a PS4 reveal or a major troll.


  10. #34
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14,084
    Rep Power
    149
    Points
    94,748 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    All eyes are on this event, worldwide! And either we get a PS4 reveal or a major troll.
    Would be suicide. I'm sure you are joking. I just honestly don't see how anyone could think that Sony would do something so stupid. Some people do still believe this is not a PS4 reveal. If they weren't announcing the PS4 they would have had a press release shortly after the hype hit and shot it down. Instead of letting it get out of control and receiving ultimate hate and just having the event without letting people down before hand.




    Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

  11. #35
    Master Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,712
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    18,479 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    lol What does that have to do with their shift in first party development focus?
    I think I have phase 3 for my sig


  12. #36
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14,084
    Rep Power
    149
    Points
    94,748 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I think I have phase 3 for my sig
    Oh Snap!!!! I wish I could rep you! Stupid spread around system.




    Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

  13. #37
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    168
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I think I have phase 3 for my sig
    lol Good one. I think you nailed all the phases quite well. +rep

  14. #38
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    1,099 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    off course, he is wetting his pants on the truth
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  15. #39
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    41
    Points
    2,559 (0 Banked)
    Cautions? I'm sure Microsoft cares so much about their competition that they're willing to go out of their way to caution Sony on something, lol. Sounds like somebody is scared.

  16. #40
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,045
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    44,757 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    lol What does that have to do with their shift in first party development focus?
    You say that they will have the exact same strategy for the next xbox as they did for the 360. A foolish thing to say before the consoles have even launched.

    Just like those that said the 360 would only have a 4 year lifespan like the original xbox before the 360 launched.

  17. #41
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    168
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    You say that they will have the exact same strategy for the next xbox as they did for the 360. A foolish thing to say before the consoles have even launched. Just like those that said the 360 would only have a 4 year lifespan like the original xbox before the 360 launched.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...15#post6011515 Between that and their casual shift I would say its a safe bet that they will follow that same strategy. To think they wont seems pretty naive at this point. Or at best wishful thinking.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-15-2013 at 01:39.

  18. #42
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,735
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    60,160 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Would be suicide. I'm sure you are joking. I just honestly don't see how anyone could think that Sony would do something so stupid. Some people do still believe this is not a PS4 reveal. If they weren't announcing the PS4 they would have had a press release shortly after the hype hit and shot it down. Instead of letting it get out of control and receiving ultimate hate and just having the event without letting people down before hand.
    Well it is definitely most likely to be a PS4 announcement, but could be anything, maybe even the now rumored PS Vita v2. That's why I think it would be the most epic troll on gaming history ever lol.


  19. #43
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,300
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    47,639 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    All eyes are on this event, worldwide! And either we get a PS4 reveal or a major troll.
    If it were a massive troll; I would have to applaud them for their trolling skillz.

    Sounds like sour grapes by MS honestly. I thi if MS wants to show the mainstream crowd that they're still dedicated to the 'core' - they may want to start small by making 'Games' at the forefront of the 360; instead of being the 3rd one along. Or at least make YOUR games that YOU purchased the focus of their GAMING CONSOLE!

    I get they want to capitalise on the entertainment centre aspect; but you can do that with pretty much EVERY OTHER device (phone, tablet, notebook, pc, dedicated media hub etc etc etceteFUCKINGra!) - least you could do is showcase your gaming console by you know; having the games part front and centre - as in, catering options for the user to make it so.

    Sorry -just annoyed at thinking about this.
    Be Together - Not the same.



  20. #44
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    1,099 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    can we know for sure he actually made them comments or it is not just a SONY stunt, for us to believe
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  21. #45
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,045
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    44,757 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...15#post6011515 Between that and their casual shift I would say its a safe bet that they will follow that same strategy. To think they wont seems pretty naive at this point. Or at best wishful thinking.
    If you read my other post you would see why this is not likely to be the case.

  22. #46
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,300
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    47,639 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    If you read my other post you would see why this is not likely to be the case.
    I think rad's (and others') point simply was, that if they did indeed come out early in the gen (1-4 years) with strong 'core' titles - what would be to say that they don't 'abandon' (selling first party; heavily reduced exclusives towards the end) it after that (like with the 360). I mean, doesn't that technically give the Xbox a shortened lifecycle?
    Be Together - Not the same.



  23. #47
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    1,099 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If true, i will pull down my pants and PEE outside the buildings of SONY or MICROSOFT
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  24. #48
    Ultimate Veteran
    coolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    long island ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    20,898
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    30,149 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Ms sounds kinda sounds scared,cant wait..

  25. #49
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    168
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I think rad's (and others') point simply was, that if they did indeed come out early in the gen (1-4 years) with strong 'core' titles - what would be to say that they don't 'abandon' (selling first party; heavily reduced exclusives towards the end) it after that (like with the 360). I mean, doesn't that technically give the Xbox a shortened lifecycle?
    Yep exactly. How can we trust MS not to do that again with the 720? I would rather support a company that will take care of me through the entire lifecycle of their console instead of tapering off halfway through and then suddenly shift their focus. Sony is still bringing new core IPs right up to the end of this generation so they have already earned my trust.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-15-2013 at 04:15.

  26. #50
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14,084
    Rep Power
    149
    Points
    94,748 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yep exactly. How can we trust MS not to do that again with the 720? I would rather support a company that will take care of me through the entire lifecycle of their console instead of tapering off halfway through and then suddenly shift their focus.
    That's when they got $#@!y. It's still going on. It seems the way the rumors are shaping up they are just thinking no matter what everyone will buy their console because they bought a 360. Not so fast.




    Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.