Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    So I guess that whole Xbox 360 RROD fiasco never really happened? Or did it just not effect consumer opinion and purchases? MS had their own share of mistakes which crippled 360 sales for the first 3 years. RROD, DVD only, no built in hard drive, no HDMI, no Wifi.... Despite this and a PS3 price drop within the first year Sony still hasn't been able to catch back up more than 6 years later. The truth is MS beat Sony at their own game. MS got the 3rd party developer support and for a good 5 years the 360 version of multiplatform games looked and played better. MS simply beat Sony, despite MS's own inferiorly equipped and often failing RROD systems.
    Actually Sony was closing in on MS till Kinect launched. If not for shifting away from their core game focus and chasing the casuals with Kinect MS would have been beaten by Sony. As for 3rd party support what 3rd party games did 360 get that PS3 didnt? All MS got was timed DLC that ended up on PS3 anyway. And Sony has been getting its own 3rd party deals as well. And multiplats being better in the early days has nothing to do with 3rd party support. It had to do with PS3 being difficult to program for.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-20-2013 at 20:37.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Actually Sony was closing in on MS till Kinect launched. If not for shifting away from their core game focus and chasing the casuals with Kinect MS would have been beaten by Sony. As for 3rd party support what 3rd party games did 360 get that PS3 didnt? All MS got was timed DLC that ended up on PS3 anyway. And Sony has been getting its own 3rd party deals as well. And multiplats being better in the early days has nothing to do with 3rd party support. It had to do with PS3 being difficult to program for.
    Splinter cell and gears the only two I can think of

Sent from my Note II

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Splinter cell and gears the only two I can think of Sent from my Note II
    But Gears was MS published.

Thread Information