Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 128

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Forum Sage
    The Sith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    7,567
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    16,085 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

    Microsoft exec cautions Sony over next week’s “important” PS4 reveal

    http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/14/micr...ks-ps4-reveal/
    An iteresting read. I think the show is to bring in new investors as Sony is putting its future into the ps4 so im expecting a huge show.

    uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

  2. #2
    Forum Guru
    Insanehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3,686
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    9,481 (0 Banked)
    Yeah right. It seems MS are simply annoyed that PS4will get tons of press coverage.

  3. #3
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,932
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    6,813,331 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/14/micr...ks-ps4-reveal/
    An iteresting read. I think the show is to bring in new investors as Sony is putting its future into the ps4 so im expecting a huge show.
    Not sure I agree...Whatever is revealed on the 20th is going to be everywhere and all gamers will know...I don't know why the UK was singled out...time zone?

  4. #4
    Power Member
    Dave-The-Rave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,149
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    38,713 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    More like:

    Microsoft exec $#@!s pants over Sony's PS4 reveal
    Trophy-licious!


    3DS: 3754-7606-9595

  5. #5
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,747
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    84,938 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    More like:
    I agree. It seems Microsoft is a little nervous and might be regretting not announcing something first.

  6. #6
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,342
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,531 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I agree. It seems Microsoft is a little nervous and might be regretting not announcing something first.
    lol..Why would they be nervous over something they knew was coming anyway? It's just business as usual. Sony have their plans and they have theirs. This is a move Sony needed to make but it doesn't guarantee anything. It does give proof of the importance of the US market.

  7. #7
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,056
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    112,222 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sony's never launched a console before. Thank you for the advice, MS.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    RyanGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,822
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    23,928 (615,000 Banked)
    Ahh and the tables have turned ... And it feels good.

  9. #9
    Master Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,711
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    18,469 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This gif sums up how I view his comment

    He knows damn well that the hardcore gamers will know about this announcement. They're emailing all psn users, ect. It will be on Yahoo and other non-gaming sites. The press isn't going to stay quiet about an announcement of a new Sony console. The Sony brand didn't die that much. MS should be worried about North America. Sony has never held a Playstation Meeting in NA before and SCEA has recently hired a new advertising agency. They seem to be gearing up to attack MS in their strongest market.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 02-14-2013 at 14:45.


  10. #10
    Miqo'te Bard
    Yuuichi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,174
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    17,807 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    This gif sums up how I view his comment


    He knows damn well that the hardcore gamers will know about this announcement. They're emailing all psn users, ect. It will be on Yahoo and other non-gaming sites. The press isn't going to stay quiet about an announcement of a new Sony console. The Sony brand didn't die that much. MS should be worried about North America. Sony has never held a Playstation Meeting in NA before and SCEA has recently hired a new advertising agency. They seem to be gearing up to attack MS in their strongest market.
    Fullly agree. On paper right now Sony seems to be wanting to be more aggressive with everything. Advertisements, launching a title first, brand awareness. They have everything to kick the door down and not have a slow start like the PS3. Lets hope they follow through because if this gen is aggressive we the consumers win by seeing more exclusives, and hopefully ones that are of a different variety.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,




  11. #11
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    MS sounds like theyre feeling pretty threatened especially with this Sony presentation taking place in MS most successful market. From everything I've been reading it sounds like Sony is entering the next gen ready to fight. A good price point, a new advertising agency, a powerful machine with architecture thats easy to develop for and of course a whole lot of exclusives. Sounds like Sony has learned from their mistakes this gen and are coming back with a vengeance. And MS is already crying about it. lol

  12. #12
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,932
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    6,813,331 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    MS sounds like theyre feeling pretty threatened especially with this Sony presentation taking place in MS most successful market. From everything I've been reading it sounds like Sony is entering the next gen ready to fight. A good price point, a new advertising agency, a powerful machine with architecture thats easy to develop for and of course a whole lot of exclusives. Sounds like Sony has learned from their mistakes this gen and are coming back with a vengeance. And MS is already crying about it. lol
    Pretty much this lol.

  13. #13
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    PSN ID
    FonFahbre
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,145
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    113,254 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I do agree that this announcement will be very important to, Sony so there should not be a margin for error anywhere (Just see their history with equipment not working before an event, PS3 not working on stage and recently, their 4K television was given a nasty blue screen during a presentation).

    But I believe that targeting the core market first will do them justice. That market is large and the news of a new console will be widespread so I'm sure that even a good chunk of casuals will hear about this.







  14. #14
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,673
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I don't get it?

    "It is important to remember who is buying right now". Wut

    Some of PS3s biggest games are coming out this year o_O and past gen some of PS2s best games came out when PS3 was on the market. If we go by history Microsoft is the one that's all too ready to forget about who's 'buying right now' (yes yes I know Xbox was a low seller and nVidia dispute or w/e). Anyway this seems like a note to self more than anything lol. It's a no brainer for either of them to not forget about 75+m install market. Weird comment.

    Also, people in the UK may not exactly watch it live on the blog stream or wherever, but it'll be on the front of most (all?) tech sites/magazines the next day. 6+m youtube views, people are excited

    Now it's just whether or not Sony can put on a good show. So we will see

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Kauldron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,115
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    6,641 (0 Banked)
    Broke your poker face MS. Should have stayed quiet.
    _______________________________________________

    _______________________________________________

  16. #16
    Selected Members Council
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    23,114
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    19,385 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    Broke your poker face MS. Should have stayed quiet.
    Exactly.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-14-2013 at 19:35.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!



  17. #17
    Forum Elder
    RaY_210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,685
    Rep Power
    44
    Points
    30,647 (0 Banked)
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Lol. What the hell was that? Just talking out of his ass is what he's doing.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

  18. #18
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    858
    Rep Power
    24
    Points
    8,203 (0 Banked)
    I'm dying a little inside after reading this.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  19. #19
    Dedicated Member
    Syphon_Filter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada, Toronto
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,379
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    7,116 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    He he he he stupid Microsoft is getting scared as hell and thats nice from him. They keep mentioning everybody experiencing online still "GARBAGE XBOX" What I like about this company man. They create lies and they believe them.


    CPU: I7 3820-GPU: Asus Gtx 980 4GB-Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79-HDD: Seagate 2TB-CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X-TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000-PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD-PS3 Slim 750GB-PS VITA 32GB.

  20. #20
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    45
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    546 (0 Banked)
    I think the exec has a point. Has Sony said that it is going to reveal the PS4? I'd like to think Sony would tell people to calm down if they weren't, but again this is Sony we are talking about here.

  21. #21
    Master Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,711
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    18,469 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DTurkin View Post
    I think the exec has a point. Has Sony said that it is going to reveal the PS4? I'd like to think Sony would tell people to calm down if they weren't, but again this is Sony we are talking about here.
    What are you talking about him having a point and this being sony? You mean the same sony that didn't stop supporting the ps2 after the ps3 was released? You mean the Sony that will support the ps3 as the ps4 hit stores. This guy needs to worry about MS because I recall them letting xbox die as they moved on to the xbox 360.


  22. #22
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    What are you talking about him having a point and this being sony? You mean the same sony that didn't stop supporting the ps2 after the ps3 was released? You mean the Sony that will support the ps3 as the ps4 hit stores. This guy needs to worry about MS because I recall them letting xbox die as they moved on to the xbox 360.
    Not to mention shifting their main 1st party focus on Kinect while rehashing the same 3 IPs over and over and even turning Fable into a Kinect game.

  23. #23
    Master Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,711
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    18,469 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Not to mention shifting their main 1st party focus on Kinect while rehashing the same 3 IPs over and over and even turning Fable into a Kinect game.
    Exactly and that's what has me worried about the 720. It's like a trust issue. I don't know if they will give up or continue support of their new exclusives.


  24. #24
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14,063
    Rep Power
    149
    Points
    94,330 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Exactly and that's what has me worried about the 720. It's like a trust issue. I don't know if they will give up or continue support of their new exclusives.
    Even one of the founders is quoted for saying that they lost their way at the end of the article.




    Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

  25. #25
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Exactly and that's what has me worried about the 720. It's like a trust issue. I don't know if they will give up or continue support of their new exclusives.
    Yep and thats the thing. Even if MS supports new core exclusives early in the gen they have already proven that they cant be trusted to stay the course.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.