Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

Microsoft exec cautions Sony over next week’s “important” PS4 reveal

http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/14/micr...ks-ps4-reveal/
    An iteresting read. I think the show is to bring in new investors as Sony is putting its future into the ps4 so im expecting a huge show.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Forum Guru
    Yeah right. It seems MS are simply annoyed that PS4will get tons of press coverage.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/14/micr...ks-ps4-reveal/
    An iteresting read. I think the show is to bring in new investors as Sony is putting its future into the ps4 so im expecting a huge show.
    Not sure I agree...Whatever is revealed on the 20th is going to be everywhere and all gamers will know...I don't know why the UK was singled out...time zone?

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    More like:

Microsoft exec $#@!s pants over Sony's PS4 reveal
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

5. Likes Lethal , D3seeker, LegendaryAim likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Sony's never launched a console before. Thank you for the advice, MS.

7. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Veteran
    Ahh and the tables have turned ... And it feels good.

9. Likes LegendaryAim likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    This gif sums up how I view his comment

He knows damn well that the hardcore gamers will know about this announcement. They're emailing all psn users, ect. It will be on Yahoo and other non-gaming sites. The press isn't going to stay quiet about an announcement of a new Sony console. The Sony brand didn't die that much. MS should be worried about North America. Sony has never held a Playstation Meeting in NA before and SCEA has recently hired a new advertising agency. They seem to be gearing up to attack MS in their strongest market.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 02-14-2013 at 13:45.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

11. Likes skinny_jr, Yuuichi likes this post
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    This gif sums up how I view his comment

He knows damn well that the hardcore gamers will know about this announcement. They're emailing all psn users, ect. It will be on Yahoo and other non-gaming sites. The press isn't going to stay quiet about an announcement of a new Sony console. The Sony brand didn't die that much. MS should be worried about North America. Sony has never held a Playstation Meeting in NA before and SCEA has recently hired a new advertising agency. They seem to be gearing up to attack MS in their strongest market.
    Fullly agree. On paper right now Sony seems to be wanting to be more aggressive with everything. Advertisements, launching a title first, brand awareness. They have everything to kick the door down and not have a slow start like the PS3. Lets hope they follow through because if this gen is aggressive we the consumers win by seeing more exclusives, and hopefully ones that are of a different variety.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

13. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I do agree that this announcement will be very important to, Sony so there should not be a margin for error anywhere (Just see their history with equipment not working before an event, PS3 not working on stage and recently, their 4K television was given a nasty blue screen during a presentation).

But I believe that targeting the core market first will do them justice. That market is large and the news of a new console will be widespread so I'm sure that even a good chunk of casuals will hear about this.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    MS sounds like theyre feeling pretty threatened especially with this Sony presentation taking place in MS most successful market. From everything I've been reading it sounds like Sony is entering the next gen ready to fight. A good price point, a new advertising agency, a powerful machine with architecture thats easy to develop for and of course a whole lot of exclusives. Sounds like Sony has learned from their mistakes this gen and are coming back with a vengeance. And MS is already crying about it. lol

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I don't get it?

"It is important to remember who is buying right now". Wut

Some of PS3s biggest games are coming out this year o_O and past gen some of PS2s best games came out when PS3 was on the market. If we go by history Microsoft is the one that's all too ready to forget about who's 'buying right now' (yes yes I know Xbox was a low seller and nVidia dispute or w/e). Anyway this seems like a note to self more than anything lol. It's a no brainer for either of them to not forget about 75+m install market. Weird comment.

Also, people in the UK may not exactly watch it live on the blog stream or wherever, but it'll be on the front of most (all?) tech sites/magazines the next day. 6+m youtube views, people are excited

Now it's just whether or not Sony can put on a good show. So we will see

Veteran
    Broke your poker face MS. Should have stayed quiet.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Lol. What the hell was that? Just talking out of his ass is what he's doing.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    MS sounds like theyre feeling pretty threatened especially with this Sony presentation taking place in MS most successful market. From everything I've been reading it sounds like Sony is entering the next gen ready to fight. A good price point, a new advertising agency, a powerful machine with architecture thats easy to develop for and of course a whole lot of exclusives. Sounds like Sony has learned from their mistakes this gen and are coming back with a vengeance. And MS is already crying about it. lol
    Pretty much this lol.

Superior Member
    I'm dying a little inside after reading this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    Broke your poker face MS. Should have stayed quiet.
    Exactly.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-14-2013 at 18:35.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    He he he he stupid Microsoft is getting scared as hell and thats nice from him. They keep mentioning everybody experiencing online still "GARBAGE XBOX" What I like about this company man. They create lies and they believe them.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

I think the exec has a point. Has Sony said that it is going to reveal the PS4? I'd like to think Sony would tell people to calm down if they weren't, but again this is Sony we are talking about here.

Dedicated Member
    MS knows that it got punk'd, all the fud in the world can't stop this. The whole point of the Playstation Meeting is to get tongues wagging, Sony knows this, and so does MS.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DTurkin View Post
    I think the exec has a point. Has Sony said that it is going to reveal the PS4? I'd like to think Sony would tell people to calm down if they weren't, but again this is Sony we are talking about here.
    What are you talking about him having a point and this being sony? You mean the same sony that didn't stop supporting the ps2 after the ps3 was released? You mean the Sony that will support the ps3 as the ps4 hit stores. This guy needs to worry about MS because I recall them letting xbox die as they moved on to the xbox 360.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    What are you talking about him having a point and this being sony? You mean the same sony that didn't stop supporting the ps2 after the ps3 was released? You mean the Sony that will support the ps3 as the ps4 hit stores. This guy needs to worry about MS because I recall them letting xbox die as they moved on to the xbox 360.
    Not to mention shifting their main 1st party focus on Kinect while rehashing the same 3 IPs over and over and even turning Fable into a Kinect game.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DTurkin View Post
    They posted the video with the words 'See the future' on their blog. I don't know how that doesn't translate to next-gen console.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Lol!!! Sony should shut down the event. You know their competition has all the answers for them. smh I think Sony has a little bit more experience in the console game. The hype is massive and everyone knows what the hell this event is about. I don't think that taking advice from MS in this situation is in Sony's best interest. I think this shows that MS is more worried now more than ever because they have a lot of catching up to do as far as interest in their next console vs ps4.

The UK won't know about it? Right because we are on a UK based Playstation gaming site reading this news. Seems legit.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 02-14-2013 at 20:47.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Not to mention shifting their main 1st party focus on Kinect while rehashing the same 3 IPs over and over and even turning Fable into a Kinect game.
    Exactly and that's what has me worried about the 720. It's like a trust issue. I don't know if they will give up or continue support of their new exclusives.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Exactly and that's what has me worried about the 720. It's like a trust issue. I don't know if they will give up or continue support of their new exclusives.
    Even one of the founders is quoted for saying that they lost their way at the end of the article.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information