Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Soldier 95B
    People crack me up.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Master Sage
    people in denial as of late cracks me up.

3. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    people in denial as of late cracks me up.
    This. Those people crack me up too. lol

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DTurkin View Post
    I think the exec has a point. Has Sony said that it is going to reveal the PS4? I'd like to think Sony would tell people to calm down if they weren't, but again this is Sony we are talking about here.
    This is as typical of a situation as you can get with Sony right before a big announcement. First they make a "mysterious" announcement, then a big "leak" happens, then "leaked" photography surfaces. Then you find out all of those giant bread crumbs were true.
    Last edited by Bio; 02-16-2013 at 01:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    This is as typical of a situation as you can get with Sony right before a big announcement. First they make a "mysterious" announcement, then a big rumor leaks, then early photography surfaces. Then you find out all of those giant bread crumbs were true.

It's basically the anticipation leading up to PS3, PS Move, PS Vita, and PS3 Super Slim reveals all over again. SCEA has literally not been able to keep anything a secret LOL. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony does this on purpose for cheap viral marketing tactics.
    It has to be something PS4 related. They are pretty determined to beat MS next gen and they wanna start creating excitement for their product early which is a smart move. I don't think they will ever underestimate MS again after this gen. I still say with the economy and consumers getting smarter about purchases, both of these consoles just may struggle a bit. I hope I'm wrong though.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It has to be something PS4 related. They are pretty determined to beat MS next gen and they wanna start creating excitement for their product early which is a smart move. I don't think they will ever underestimate MS again after this gen. I still say with the economy and consumers getting smarter about purchases, both of these consoles just may struggle a bit. I hope I'm wrong though.

You could be right but I hope not. I think that gaming much like other things are an escape for people from their problems. I know it always has been for me. I'm sure something like this isn't that big of a hit to the pocket book for most working people. I mean people drop hundreds of dollars on phones everyday without batting an eye. So I don't think that economic climate will play a substantial role in many peoples decisions.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    [/B]You could be right but I hope not. I think that gaming much like other things are an escape for people from their problems. I know it always has been for me. I'm sure something like this isn't that big of a hit to the pocket book for most working people. I mean people drop hundreds of dollars on phones everyday without batting an eye. So I don't think that economic climate will play a substantial role in many peoples decisions.
    Yea but phones are cheaper and they have become more of a necessity. Sure the hardcore people will always bite but others may opt for the cheaper consoles. Cheaper prices and bigger library of games is mighty enticing.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Yea but phones are cheaper and they have become more of a necessity. Sure the hardcore people will always bite but others may opt for the cheaper consoles. Cheaper prices and bigger library of games is mighty enticing.
    Yeah I guess you are right although many people dropped $300 on an S3 and that's with a contract. You are looking at $600-700 without. It's a completely different market though so I guess I shouldn't really be comparing them. One thing that consoles always have going for them though is it's the "next cool thing" to own. It spreads like wildfire. That's why I don't think consoles are going away in the near future. They are quite contagious.

Forum Sage
    Yeah I guess you are right although many people dropped $300 on an S3 and that's with a contract. You are looking at $600-700 without. It's a completely different market though so I guess I shouldn't really be comparing them. One thing that consoles always have going for them though is it's the "next cool thing" to own. It spreads like wildfire. That's why I don't think consoles are going away in the near future. They are quite contagious.
    Some people would die without their smartphone (not literally). I doubt anybody could say the same about console gaming.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Some people would die without their smartphone (not literally). I doubt anybody could say the same about console gaming.
    I would.

Forum Sage
    I would.
    What do you do when the power goes out?

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Twiddle my thumbs. I'm just joking btw.

Superior Member

Play my vita. Sure it isn't a PS3 but its as close to a console in my hands as I can get. The only apps on my iphone are nfl network, espn, my US bank app, foxnews, and weather channel. I use my phone for making PHONE calls and the occassional text. Perhaps while I'm waiting for dinner I will check the score of a game but that's only if my wife isn't looking. If I'm in the airport, hotel, or spending the night with family its my vita...but I play my PS3 every night for at least an hour to 3 depending on when my wife goes to bed. Its how I wind down. I don't understand people's obsessions with phone games...I've never really gotten into casual drivel that is 95% of that market. I like a story...objectives and epic graphics and depth of gameplay. This announcement to me is like when apple releases a product...except it's like every 7 years...so its even bigger for me.

15. Likes PS4freak, Ghost likes this post
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    Play my vita. Sure it isn't a PS3 but its as close to a console in my hands as I can get. The only apps on my iphone are nfl network, espn, my US bank app, foxnews, and weather channel. I use my phone for making PHONE calls and the occassional text. Perhaps while I'm waiting for dinner I will check the score of a game but that's only if my wife isn't looking. If I'm in the airport, hotel, or spending the night with family its my vita...but I play my PS3 every night for at least an hour to 3 depending on when my wife goes to bed. Its how I wind down. I don't understand people's obsessions with phone games...I've never really gotten into casual drivel that is 95% of that market. I like a story...objectives and epic graphics and depth of gameplay. This announcement to me is like when apple releases a product...except it's like every 7 years...so its even bigger for me.

This is exactly why i want a Vita. Most mobile gaming just doesn't get it done for me.

Forum Sage
    ~4hr batterylife.

MS has lost any real reason for gamers to buy the xbox brand since they've killed off almost all first party games and turned it into a kinnect box, theres no reason for a core gamer to own one and a wii/ipod can replace the other set of buyers. At this point I have no clue who MS's market is.

All of MS's markets are dying
    Xbox: Lost its core group,PC and Sony have gained interest,Kinnect doesnt even impress the group its aimed for families as they can buy Nintendo products for cheaper
    Windows: Consumers nor Businesses have any interest in windows 8, content providers hate windows 8 due to its walled garden marketplace, PC ventors are making no money at this point, Dell had to go private because it was losing so much money
    GOOGLE and APPLE have basically aten the PC market
    Office: Who cares about MS office when OpenOffice is better and free
    Windows phone: MS screwed all their customerbase with Windows phone 7 not being upgradable to 8 now Windows phone 7 user are getting Android and iphones
    Bing: Nobody ever used bing as every other search engine is better

I never thought I would see the day when MS was losing money, they had their first quartery loss ever in 2012
    Last edited by DisturbedOne465; 02-18-2013 at 00:17.

Ancient
    The first thing I heard when I walked into work was" you heard bout the PS4"
    people know, they may not watch the announcement but they know about it and they'll know more after the 20th
    They know about the hype and they'll pre-order when available if they want one
    Sony don't need MTV to announce something for people to hear.

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler

Superior Member

~4hr batterylife.
    Thats why i have an emergency charger. Gives me a few more hours of life. Besides where do you live that the power is off for more than 4 hours? Granted I don't want to live without such luxuries but I'm just saying if I had to choose...ps3 all day everyday over my iphone...and my mac.

Superior Member

Oh and try running any extensive games or even surf the net on your smart phone....battery life is probably even less than 4 hrs.

Sorry for the double post.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedOne465 View Post
    Windows: Consumers nor Businesses have any interest in windows 8, content providers hate windows 8 due to its walled garden marketplace, PC ventors are making no money at this point, Dell had to go private because it was losing so much money
    Let me say Xbox Games on Windows 8 blows in terms of gaming support. I tried a demo Windows 8 tablet and try to access Xbox Games and guess what? "Region not supported". WTF MS!

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    MS has lost any real reason for gamers to buy the xbox brand since they've killed off almost all first party games and turned it into a kinnect box, theres no reason for a core gamer to own one and a wii/ipod can replace the other set of buyers. At this point I have no clue who MS's market is.

Xbox: Lost its core group,PC and Sony have gained interest,Kinnect doesnt even impress the group its aimed for families as they can buy Nintendo products for cheaper
    Windows phone: MS screwed all their customerbase with Windows phone 7 not being upgradable to 8 now Windows phone 7 user are getting Android and iphones

I never thought I would see the day when MS was losing money, they had their first quartery loss ever in 2012
    Just goes to show, you can't piss on someone forever without them eventually realizing it's not rain. Microsoft's cut throat business decisions and their lack of a focus on exclusive content for their devices will be their downfall. You don't just cut an entire fanbase out of the blue in order to force support for a certain product/peripheral. MS still has Halo, so that'll sell a ton of nextbox's right there. But other than that..? I see nothing special thus far.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Forum Sage
    Thats why i have an emergency charger. Gives me a few more hours of life. Besides where do you live that the power is off for more than 4 hours? Granted I don't want to live without such luxuries but I'm just saying if I had to choose...ps3 all day everyday over my iphone...and my mac.
    A lot of places in the US lose power for long periods of time due to severe weather.

Yeah, MS will close its doors any day now.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    The first thing I heard when I walked into work was" you heard bout the PS4"
    people know, they may not watch the announcement but they know about it and they'll know more after the 20th
    They know about the hype and they'll pre-order when available if they want one
    Sony don't need MTV to announce something for people to hear.

Sent via Codec
    I had two people at work as well do the same thing, both not extreme into gaming, but they asked me as well if I had heard about the PS4 and Feb. 20th which surprised me! Guess the word on this is all over the place, which is good news!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Administrator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    More like:
    I agree. It seems Microsoft is a little nervous and might be regretting not announcing something first.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I agree. It seems Microsoft is a little nervous and might be regretting not announcing something first.
    lol..Why would they be nervous over something they knew was coming anyway? It's just business as usual. Sony have their plans and they have theirs. This is a move Sony needed to make but it doesn't guarantee anything. It does give proof of the importance of the US market.

Thread Information