Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Those who are leaving the MS brand is a good thing as we'l no longer need to put up with the moaning on this side of the forum

I'l enjoy both consoles....This gen my PS3 has been my multimedia machine and the Xbox my games machine. If rumours are to believed my Xbox will become my multimedia machine and the PS3 my main games machine (if it comes with a decent control pad that is)
    That's the thing about all this. Everything is just rumors til we really find out. I think both consoles will have will have plenty of gaming content.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    lol..what the hell is that? That has to be some made u fanboy stuff. Yoga isn't gaming? No way that stuff is from sony themselves. I don't think sony is that $#@!y.
    Sure they are... remember this?

Besides, they got a new marketing team now.. Maybe they realized downplaying other companies instead of showing their own features is "in" now!

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Sure they are... remember this?

Besides, they got a new marketing team now.. Maybe they realized downplaying other companies instead of showing their own features is "in" now!
    Exactly my point. Look how both KB and move turned out? Still, that KB commercial isn't as bold as that is.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I'll be waiting on the games... PS4 is a given at launch but I will see where those "always on Kinect" rumours lead to if they actually turn out to be true. MS will have a hard time convincing me to purchase if a camera is mandatory to even get the games started. I don't care much about all the other negative stuff out there but that one is a killer for me
    Yeah. Same here. I hope it's not true because I want nothing to do with Kinect. That's fine for people that want it but I don't want it shoved down my throat. I will buy it eventually if the rumors are false. I don't have any use for Kinect so if it depends on it, I'm out.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Sony vision on the ps4 is same as MS its no different.
    You really think that? Sony's vision has been pretty damn different from MS this gen. One focussed on developing a broad range of games, the other focused on a broad range of services. What have MS said in this very thread?

Mehdi affirmed that Microsoft is witnessing an unmistakable transition of the Xbox 360 "from a gaming console to an entertainment console."
    As I said before, when your average customers spends 40% of their console time doing things other than playing games, it's only natural to change your console's functionality.

Time will tell of course, I may be dead wrong, but I think both companies set their course for next gen in the twilight time of this gen...one has 4 new IP exclusives coming out...the other is becoming an entertainment console.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    You really think that? Sony's vision has been pretty damn different from MS this gen. One focussed on developing a broad range of games, the other focused on a broad range of services. What have MS said in this very thread?

As I said before, when your average customers spends 40% of their console time doing things other than playing games, it's only natural to change your console's functionality.

Time will tell of course, I may be dead wrong, but I think both companies set their course for next gen in the twilight time of this gen...one has 4 new IP exclusives coming out...the other is becoming an entertainment console.
    Mehdi affirmed that Microsoft is witnessing an unmistakable transition of the Xbox 360 "from a gaming console to an entertainment console."
    lol... All that means is that the xbox360 is more than just a game console which is true. Same with PS3. Even sony touted that PS3 as the top netflix device once. It doesn't take away that it's still a games console. It's no different than smart phones being used for face book or email, or smart TVs with web browsers and youtube. Its still a smart phone and TV. I think some people are taking this "entertainment" thing the wrong way. Games are entertainment too so I think when they use entertainment, games are included as well.

7. Likes snooper71 likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    lol... All that means is that the xbox360 is more than just a game console which is true. Same with PS3. Even sony touted that PS3 as the top netflix device once. It doesn't take away that it's still a games console. It's no different than smart phones being used for face book or email, or smart TVs with web browsers and youtube. Its still a smart phone and TV. I think some people are taking this "entertainment" thing the wrong way. Games are entertainment too so I think when they use entertainment, games are included as well.
    This...

I really enjoy having all my entertainment needs met in one box (just as long as it's the same it would be from my PC... READ: FREE!)

Next Gen top picks:

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I'm just saying that I don't think MS and Sony have the same vision for their next gen consoles, because they clearly have a different vision for this gens consoles. Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with that, I think the idea of a console and media streaming hub is great, but I will put my cash behind the company who prioritises the gaming aspect of their console, and that isn't MS.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    This...I really enjoy having all my entertainment needs met in one box (just as long as it's the same it would be from my PC... READ: FREE!)
    I rather not, gaming devices should be just that. I have my laptop close by to do any and every other multi tasking I have to do. And it does it better than my ps3 or the 360. I don't know why people are obsessed with having everything in one box

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    I rather not, gaming devices should be just that. I have my laptop close by to do any and every other multi tasking I have to do. And it does it better than my ps3 or the 360. I don't know why people are obsessed with having everything in one box
    Convenience? Never leave the couch? Space saving? Cost saving?

there are MANY reasons, you just have to sit back and pick one. As long as my Gaming experience doesn't suffer from it, it's all gooooood!

Next Gen top picks:

Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Those who are leaving the MS brand is a good thing as we'l no longer need to put up with the moaning on this side of the forum

I'l enjoy both consoles....This gen my PS3 has been my multimedia machine and the Xbox my games machine. If rumours are to believed my Xbox will become my multimedia machine and the PS3 my main games machine (if it comes with a decent control pad that is)
    I doubt if you ever had a 360. You only been on this forum a few months and you talk as you been a member on this forum before.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    I doubt if you ever had a 360. You only been on this forum a few months and you talk as you been a member on this forum before.
    A permabanned member making a return?

Next Gen top picks:

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Especially when services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Pandora etc are already on smart TV's and blu ray players.

Some will use the next gen console as a blu ray player so this may be important to them.

But aside from playing games there is nothing that I can't get on on my smart TV that I really care about.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    I must ask, aside from multi-platform games, what games are you referring to?
    All the same great games we got this gen. If they keep that up, then next gen should be just as exciting. I just hope they keep doing what they have been doing. It continues to empty my wallet.

PSN ID
    shingi70
    Especially when services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Pandora etc are already on smart TV's and blu ray players.

Some will use the next gen console as a blu ray player so this may be important to them.

But aside from playing games there is nothing that I can't get on on my smart TV that I really care about.

But smart TV adoption hasn't been great at all. Most people would rather get a TV with a better display and lacking the smart TV support and rather get a set top box device.

Also I'm hell a confused how people say Microsoft aren't focusing on games because they have open a lot more studios since 343i and the European branch (rare, Soho, lift London, lion head) has been under major restructuring since Phil Harrison took over last year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    All the same great games we got this gen. If they keep that up, then next gen should be just as exciting. I just hope they keep doing what they have been doing. It continues to empty my wallet.
    That was the beginning of this gen. It's different now. Belive me, I want to like the new Xbox and I'm going to give it every chance in the world. I just see their focus changing away from games more than I am willing to give.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    But smart TV adoption hasn't been great at all. Most people would rather get a TV with a better display and lacking the smart TV support and rather get a set top box device.

Also I'm hell a confused how people say Microsoft aren't focusing on games because they have open a lot more studios since 343i and the European branch (rare, Soho, lift London, lion head) has been under major restructuring since Phil Harrison took over last year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    I'm not sure what part of the world you are in, but speaking from the States, it's difficult to find a new TV without Internet connectivity and a smart hub and streaming apps. It has nothing to do with screen quality. Also, lack of a set top cable TV box has nothing to do with it either. I must have a box on every set in the house for Verizon FiOS.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    A friend of mine bought a Samsung TV with the Smart features. He said he used them for the first week or so, but never used them again. Said he uses his AppleTV for most of that stuff now.

Have you looked at our forum name?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD[/QUOTE]

That was the beginning of this gen. It's different now.
    I know. It got even better at this late part of the gen. More and more games, more and more exclusives, more and more money getting drained out of my wallet. Love it.

Super Elite
    Perhaps Microsoft can use revenue from these premium services to make AAA titles, because lets face it Live which costs 40 a year times that by 76 million and you have quite a mark up on profits. Xbox still do not invest in core games like Sony. I'm sure if Sony had the money Microsoft had we would have the Playstation back to the PS1 days where there was no competition for Sony.

Even with all the money Microsoft have they do not invest in games, they milk there services and wait for the money to roll in. Sony on the other hand with limited capital still support the first party studio's and invest heavily in games.

Microsoft are stubborn as a company. Even with all this negative feedback they will probably not change there minds.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Superior Member
    A friend of mine bought a Samsung TV with the Smart features. He said he used them for the first week or so, but never used them again. Said he uses his AppleTV for most of that stuff now.
    Soldier, I respect you and your opinion but one person doesn't make a trend and a lot of non-Apple owners use their smart TV's if they have them. There is no difference in Netflix or any other streaming service if it's on the 360, PS4, Apple TV or a smart TV.

I know. It got even better at this late part of the gen. More and more games, more and more exclusives, more and more money getting drained out of my wallet. Love it.
    I must have the tard edition of the 360 because I'm not getting all of the games you're referring to. What are the exclusives that there are more and more of?

Elite Sage
    I have a Samsung smart tv too. The netflix, browser, and apps are all pretty cool but where it falls short is the control scheme. With mine you can use a key board but it's not ready to replace the ease of use of a console just yet. I can can download and play certain games, and I can totally see these things competing with consoles in the future but not right now. These TVs are certainly capable of competing but I think the price will hold them back. I can see why MS wants the console to be like an entertainment device.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    Perhaps Microsoft can use revenue from these premium services to make AAA titles, because lets face it Live which costs 40 a year times that by 76 million and you have quite a mark up on profits. Xbox still do not invest in core games like Sony. I'm sure if Sony had the money Microsoft had we would have the Playstation back to the PS1 days where there was no competition for Sony.

Even with all the money Microsoft have they do not invest in games, they milk there services and wait for the money to roll in. Sony on the other hand with limited capital still support the first party studio's and invest heavily in games.

Microsoft are stubborn as a company. Even with all this negative feedback they will probably not change there minds.
    That's a true gamers dream. It's one of the reasons I've lost confidence in MS
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 02-16-2013 at 02:27.

Elite Sage

Sony does invest heavily in 1st party games which is a good thing but i think part of the reason is because we now have a split market. If there was no xbox360 they would be raking in all the cash from games and their Ps3 sales would probably be well over 100 mil.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Perhaps Microsoft can use revenue from these premium services to make AAA titles, because lets face it Live which costs 40 a year times that by 76 million and you have quite a mark up on profits. Xbox still do not invest in core games like Sony. I'm sure if Sony had the money Microsoft had we would have the Playstation back to the PS1 days where there was no competition for Sony. Even with all the money Microsoft have they do not invest in games, they milk there services and wait for the money to roll in. Sony on the other hand with limited capital still support the first party studio's and invest heavily in games. Microsoft are stubborn as a company. Even with all this negative feedback they will probably not change there minds.
    You hit the nail right on the head. And thats the reason why I've lost all trust and confidence in MS and the Xbox brand and why I know I'll be going PS4 only next gen.

Superior Member

Netflix released in November of 2008 on xbox 360. October 2008 for samsung blu-ray players. May 2008 for roku boxes.

TV's followed in 2009. Point is your your comments make no sense. Xbox was already doing $#@! tv's wish they still could do. You're also acting like user interface and interaction are not a big part in this equation. Most are of the opinion that smart tv UI suck. The more $#@! they add the more of a cluster$#@! it is.

Soldier, I respect you and your opinion but one person doesn't make a trend and a lot of non-Apple owners use their smart TV's if they have them. There is no difference in Netflix or any other streaming service if it's on the 360, PS4, Apple TV or a smart TV.
    Couldn't the same be said for you and your opinion about smart tvs. You don't make a trend Old Man. A lot of smart tv owners would rather use other methods if they have them because the experience on a smart tv would be at the bottom compared to other methods.

lol and no there are plenty of differences between netflix and the vast majority of apps that are on every platform. Just because they share the same name and come from the same company doesn't mean it'll operate the same. That's like saying facebook is the same on every platform. It's not. Neither is Hulu. Whether it's interface or features it's all a preference and they're all different.

Unrelated....

Look at my join date; even then I was here a couple months before actually joining. I haven't been here in a min and catching up on a few threads is $#@!ing deja vu. The mood here on this forum is almost exactly like it was back then before the PS3 and 360 released. Back then all it took was knowing that the PS3 was more powerful than the 360; no competition they said.

All will be revealed soon.
    Last edited by DarkVincent07; 02-16-2013 at 08:00.

Thread Information