Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    I like the direction MS is going. Console gaming being entertainment systems is a must these days. PlayStation's library has always suited me better, though, so I'll be sticking with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrUe GaMeR View Post
    Netflix released in November of 2008 on xbox 360. October 2008 for samsung blu-ray players. May 2008 for roku boxes.

TV's followed in 2009. Point is your your comments make no sense. Xbox was already doing $#@! tv's wish they still could do. You're also acting like user interface and interaction are not a big part in this equation. Most are of the opinion that smart tv UI suck. The more $#@! they add the more of a cluster$#@! it is.

Couldn't the same be said for you and your opinion about smart tvs. You don't make a trend Old Man. A lot of smart tv owners would rather use other methods if they have them because the experience on a smart tv would be at the bottom compared to other methods.

lol and no there are plenty of differences between netflix and the vast majority of apps that are on every platform. Just because they share the same name and come from the same company doesn't mean it'll operate the same. That's like saying facebook is the same on every platform. It's not. Neither is Hulu. Whether it's interface or features it's all a preference and they're all different.

Unrelated....

Look at my join date; even then I was here a couple months before actually joining. I haven't been here in a min and catching up on a few threads is $#@!ing deja vu. The mood here on this forum is almost exactly like it was back then before the PS3 and 360 released. Back then all it took was knowing that the PS3 was more powerful than the 360; no competition they said.

All will be revealed soon.
    Wow! You're pretty irate.

I'm a 360 only owner at this time and my posting history shows that. I really, really want MS to do the right thing for gamers but based on what direction they're going it doesn't appear that they care.

While Sony is getting games like Uncharted, God of War, Last of Us, etc, I'm getting ESPN 3 and The LeBrons.

Sure I enjoy Halo, but not enough to make up for the lack of game focus that MS has at this point. I'm going to wait and see what MS has to say, but I really see me as a PS4 owner and not a 720 owner.

Sorry you disagree but I'm just throwing out an opinion. MS is going down a path that is saturated with competition (Apple, Google, Roku etc). I'd be fine with this if they kept their gaming focus, but they haven't.

MS is going to have to Wow me with the 720 just like they did with the 360. So far, it ain't happening.

BTW, a lack of respect for others demonstrates a lack of respect for one's self.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

3. Likes Admartian , Two4DaMoney , Ghost likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Wow! You're pretty irate. I'm a 360 only owner at this time and my posting history shows that. I really, really want MS to do the right thing for gamers but based on what direction they're going it doesn't appear that they care. While Sony is getting games like Uncharted, God of War, Last of Us, etc, I'm getting ESPN 3 and The LeBrons. Sure I enjoy Halo, but not enough to make up for the lack of game focus that MS has at this point. I'm going to wait and see what MS has to say, but I really see me as a PS4 owner and not a 720 owner. Sorry you disagree but I'm just throwing out an opinion. MS is going down a path that is saturated with competition (Apple, Google, Roku etc). I'd be fine with this if they kept their gaming focus, but they haven't. MS is going to have to Wow me with the 720 just like they did with the 360. So far, it ain't happening. BTW, a lack of respect for others demonstrates a lack of respect for one's self. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Well spoken. +rep

PSN ID
    shingi70
    The problem is that the market your speaking of is steadily eating in to current console sales. Not only that but beyond the Roku the Xbox is the best set top box that offers everything. That and the so called competition of Google TV and Apple TV either are DOA or have very sluggish sales.

If Microsoft were to pull this off along with a subscription model they could own the gaming industry this generation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post
    The problem is that the market your speaking of is steadily eating in to current console sales. Not only that but beyond the Roku the Xbox is the best set top box that offers everything. That and the so called competition of Google TV and Apple TV either are DOA or have very sluggish sales.

If Microsoft were to pull this off along with a subscription model they could own the gaming industry this generation.

It's possible. I think they are doing a smart thing. If you sit back and rest on your laurels someone else will jump at the opportunity and do it. We've already seen it happen with Apple, Samsung, and Google with what they are doing.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi70 View Post

So you think it's good to simply rely on third party titles and 1-2 exclusives per year? I just don't see it. Like I said, I have no problem with anything MS is doing EXCEPT that they're putting gaming on the back burner and relying on a one month jump on some DLC.

Flaw3d Genius
    So you think it's good to simply rely on third party titles and 1-2 exclusives per year? I just don't see it. Like I said, I have no problem with anything MS is doing EXCEPT that they're putting gaming on the back burner and relying on a one month jump on some DLC.
    Since when has MS only ever put out 1 exclusive in a year?

I think PS3 only owners forget how good MS exclusives are...This year Halo 4 and Forza Horizon smashed Sony's exclusive line up!

Edit: Last year sorry!
    Last edited by Flaw3d Genius; 02-16-2013 at 16:55.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Since when has MS only ever put out 1 exclusive in a year? I think PS3 only owners forget how good MS exclusives are...This year Halo 4 and Forza Horizon smashed Sony's exclusive line up! Edit: Last year sorry!
    Too bad Forza Horizon flopped in sales. It was a good game but now MS probably wont bother with another Horizon game due to low sales. It didnt even chart on the NPD. http://www.gamespot.com/xbox-360/for...568755/?page=2
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-16-2013 at 17:09.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Too bad Forza Horizon flopped in sales. It was a good game but now MS probably wont bother with another Horizon game due to low sales. It didnt even chart on the NPD.
    I am really enjoying Horizon. It's a great game.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I am really enjoying Horizon. It's a great game. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    You should get the Rally expansion. Its pretty much like Rallisport Challenge.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Wow! You're pretty irate.

I'm a 360 only owner at this time and my posting history shows that. I really, really want MS to do the right thing for gamers but based on what direction they're going it doesn't appear that they care.

While Sony is getting games like Uncharted, God of War, Last of Us, etc, I'm getting ESPN 3 and The LeBrons.

Sure I enjoy Halo, but not enough to make up for the lack of game focus that MS has at this point. I'm going to wait and see what MS has to say, but I really see me as a PS4 owner and not a 720 owner.

Sorry you disagree but I'm just throwing out an opinion. MS is going down a path that is saturated with competition (Apple, Google, Roku etc). I'd be fine with this if they kept their gaming focus, but they haven't.

MS is going to have to Wow me with the 720 just like they did with the 360. So far, it ain't happening.

BTW, a lack of respect for others demonstrates a lack of respect for one's self.

Well said. +rep I especially agree with this part. They are essentially trying to compete in 2 markets. If they put most of their eggs in one basket, and fail there, this will be a tough lesson to learn for MS. Hence they are not bulletproof as it seems their mentality is right now. I'm ready to see some clarity on this. They are going to split in half, giving half their focus on games and half on multimedia. But from the sounds of rumors its more towards the multimedia side. I was really looking forward to this "console war" but it doesn't really seem like MS is intending on getting in such a thing. They are doing their own thing. Only time will tell if it's a bad move or not.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Too bad Forza Horizon flopped in sales. It was a good game but now MS probably wont bother with another Horizon game due to low sales. It didnt even chart on the NPD. http://www.gamespot.com/xbox-360/for...568755/?page=2
    Compared to other forza games the sales aren't geat but I don't think the title actually flopped. I'm pretty sure those numbers should be over 1 Mil worldwide by now.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-16-2013 at 17:32.

Flaw3d Genius
    It sold more than NFS Most Wanted and that was on PS3, 360 & PC.

Most Forza fans didnt bother with it due to the arcade nature of it, MS should of went with a different name imo.

Still poor sales does not take away the fact that MS has amazing exclusives that at times Sony cannot compete with ie; Last year.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Since when has MS only ever put out 1 exclusive in a year?

I think PS3 only owners forget how good MS exclusives are...This year Halo 4 and Forza Horizon smashed Sony's exclusive line up!

Edit: Last year sorry!
    Old man gamer is a 360 only owner. to bring up the ps3 owners makes no since other than...

Anyways, you're stating an opinion which has nothing to do with MS's output. It's a fact MS has a low output of big budget exclusives and it's been like that for years. His point still stands. Quality is not in question, output is.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Compared to other forza games the sales aren't geat but I don't think the title actually flopped. I'm pretty sure those numbers should be over 1 Mil worldwide by now.
    Not so sure about that. Youre pretty sure based on what?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    It sold more than NFS Most Wanted and that was on PS3, 360 & PC. Most Forza fans didnt bother with it due to the arcade nature of it, MS should of went with a different name imo. Still poor sales does not take away the fact that MS has amazing exclusives that at times Sony cannot compete with ie; Last year.
    You have a link with the sales numbers? And dont bother with VG Chartz.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    It sold more than NFS Most Wanted and that was on PS3, 360 & PC.

Most Forza fans didnt bother with it due to the arcade nature of it, MS should of went with a different name imo.

Still poor sales does not take away the fact that MS has amazing exclusives that at times Sony cannot compete with ie; Last year.

19. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Big fan of Twisted Metal, LBP Karting and Sony All stars are you? Fair enough. LOL!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Old man gamer is a 360 only owner. to bring up the ps3 owners makes no since other than... Anyways, you're stating an opinion which has nothing to do with MS's output. It's a fact MS has a low output of big budget exclusives and it's been like that for years. His point still stands. Quality is not in question, output is.
    Agreed. Halo, Forza, Gears, rinse and repeat Halo, Forza, Gears, rinse and repeat. lol Gets really old after awhile.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-16-2013 at 22:34.

Elite Sage
    Agreed. Halo, Forza, Gears, rinse and repeat Halo, Forza, Gears, rinse and repeat. lol Gets really old after awhile.
    It's going to be interesting to see if the new gears can compete sales-wise with the other entries. I'm not seeing it being hyped as much as the other titles.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see if the new gears can compete sales-wise with the other entries. I'm not seeing it being hyped as much as the other titles.
    I'm not either. And I've noticed alot of Gears fans on different forums saying that they might pass on this one or that theyre not really that excited about it.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    The Xbox is (primarily) a GAMES CONSOLE. And Microsoft seem to be forgetting that.

Hopefully the launch of a new console will bring a tonne of exclusives

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Big fan of Twisted Metal, LBP Karting and Sony All stars are you? Fair enough. LOL!
    might not be my cup of tea but a whole lot of people enjoyed those titles. 3rd person oriented games are my thing and this generation hasnt been good to me. $#@! i even had to buy a 360 just to play the good ones that i could find (splinter cell conviction was really an awesome game).

next gen looks to be swinging towards 3rd person games tho, 70% of the games we've seen so far are 3rd person action adventure games (i need a good military shooter tho).

oh and by the way if only last year is all you have then i'm pretty sure a lot of people will be contempt with that

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    might not be my cup of tea but a whole lot of people enjoyed those titles. 3rd person oriented games are my thing and this generation hasnt been good to me. $#@! i even had to buy a 360 just to play the good ones that i could find (splinter cell conviction was really an awesome game).

next gen looks to be swinging towards 3rd person games tho, 70% of the games we've seen so far are 3rd person action adventure games (i need a good military shooter tho).

oh and by the way if only last year is all you have then i'm pretty sure a lot of people will be contempt with that
    Clearly it wasn't just last year. Point is like i said before people forget how good MS exclusives are.

ps Splinter Cell was bloody awful!

Elite Sage
    Clearly it wasn't just last year. Point is like i said before people forget how good MS exclusives are.

ps Splinter Cell was bloody awful!
    Which still doesn't have a $#@!ing thing to do with what you were arguing with old man gamer about.

Thread Information