Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Since when has MS only ever put out 1 exclusive in a year?

I think PS3 only owners forget how good MS exclusives are...This year Halo 4 and Forza Horizon smashed Sony's exclusive line up!

Edit: Last year sorry!
    If you're referring to me, I don't have a PS3, I sold it. I only have a 360 and have both Halo 4 and Horizon. I really enjoy both of them.

I just see MS' shift away from gaming and that's not the direction I want to go. I'm heavily invested in the 360 this gen and won't part with it.

I'm waiting to see what both MS and Sony have to say but I don't like what I'm seeing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    If you're referring to me, I don't have a PS3, I sold it. I only have a 360 and have both Halo 4 and Horizon. I really enjoy both of them.

I just see MS' shift away from gaming and that's not the direction I want to go. I'm heavily invested in the 360 this gen and won't part with it.

I'm waiting to see what both MS and Sony have to say but I don't like what I'm seeing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    It's odd you think they are moving away from gaming...I played the 360 just as much as any other year last year. I'd put money on it being the same this year and next year with the new console.

Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Which still doesn't have a $#@!ing thing to do with what you were arguing with old man gamer about.

I wasn't arguing with anybody.
    Last edited by Flaw3d Genius; 02-17-2013 at 12:01.

Flaw3d Genius
    Double post.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I wasn't arguing with anybody.
    I'm not talking about having a "beef" type of argument. I'm talking about when he questioned MS's big budget output and you replied "when has MS released 1 exclusive" or something along those lines.

If you weren't arguing about the output of big budget titles then what was the sole purpose of bragging about MS exclusives "smashing" ps3's line up when it has nothing to do with what you quoted from Old man gamer? Quality wasn't what he was referring to. The output clearly was.

edit:smh
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 02-17-2013 at 13:10.

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I'm not talking about having a "beef" type of argument. I'm talking about when he questioned MS's big budget output and you replied "when has MS released 1 exclusive" or something along those lines.

If you weren't arguing about the output of big budget titles then what was the sole purpose of bragging about MS exclusives "smashing" ps3's line up when it has nothing to do with what you quoted from Old man gamer? Quality wasn't what he was referring to. The output clearly was.
    That was clearly a question as i believe MS has never put out a single exclusive in a year.

Not sure why your talking about beef? Is that ghetto gangsta hip hop talk snoop doggy doggy talk? Or did you mean this stuff...

668521.jpg
    Last edited by Flaw3d Genius; 02-17-2013 at 12:52.

Superior Member
    It's odd you think they are moving away from gaming...I played the 360 just as much as any other year last year. I'd put money on it being the same this year and next year with the new console.
    They care more about $#@!ty Kinect games and spending tons of money on getting some DLC a month early instead of working on original games.

Look what they did to Rare. They have basically been demoted to making avatar clothing. Where are more games like Banjo Kazooie, Killer Instinct and Perfect Dark?

How about sequels to Crimson Skies, Mechwarrior or PGR? Forza Horizon should have been a PGR game (Ok, I'm splitting hairs but you get the point).

They have the IP's in their back pocket but refuse to go beyond Halo, Gears and Forza. WHY?

They had the game studios and either shut them down or let them go. They had the opportunity to buy both Bioware and Bizzare and passed on both. They could have had Mass Effect as an exclusive by buying Bioware. That would have been an exclusive worth having.

Instead we get exclusive rights to The LeBrons and ESPN 3. Really, what has MS done in the last 2 years, aside from the same 3 old IP's, to get you excited about the 360's gaming future?

I like Halo but not a fan of Gears. I don't like the normal Forza and Fable has gone downhill. Alan Wake was good but it's a third party title. What else is there?

I don't need no stinkin' signature

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Old man gamer you make great points and it's hard to disagree.

Earlier 360 exclusives took more risks and were more varied but the last few years has been average

Via Tapatalk

Flaw3d Genius
    They care more about $#@!ty Kinect games and spending tons of money on getting some DLC a month early instead of working on original games.

Look what they did to Rare. They have basically been demoted to making avatar clothing. Where are more games like Banjo Kazooie, Killer Instinct and Perfect Dark?

How about sequels to Crimson Skies, Mechwarrior or PGR? Forza Horizon should have been a PGR game (Ok, I'm splitting hairs but you get the point).

They have the IP's in their back pocket but refuse to go beyond Halo, Gears and Forza. WHY?

They had the game studios and either shut them down or let them go. They had the opportunity to buy both Bioware and Bizzare and passed on both. They could have had Mass Effect as an exclusive by buying Bioware. That would have been an exclusive worth having.

Instead we get exclusive rights to The LeBrons and ESPN 3. Really, what has MS done in the last 2 years, aside from the same 3 old IP's, to get you excited about the 360's gaming future?

I like Halo but not a fan of Gears. I don't like the normal Forza and Fable has gone downhill. Alan Wake was good but it's a third party title. What else is there?

Im not excited for the 360's future im excited about the nxt Xbox's future...It's clear as day the 360 is winding down for something new but like i pointed out before...even winding down the 360 had better exclusives than the PS3 last year so it still done extremely well.

Never heard of Le Brons or ESPN 3 so cant comment if they are good or not but i'l take your word that they are $#@!.
    Last edited by Flaw3d Genius; 02-17-2013 at 13:51.

Superior Member
    Im not excited for the 360's future im excited about the nxt Xbox's future...It's clear as day the 360 is winding down for something new.

Never heard of Le Brons or ESPN 3 so cant comment if they are good or not but i'l take your word that they are $#@!.
    What makes you excited for the 720's gaming future then?

Flaw3d Genius
    What makes you excited for the 720's gaming future then?
    I get excited for every new console, I dont believe the scaremongering that the new Xbox wont have games lol!

Superior Member
    I get excited for every new console, I dont believe the scaremongering that the new Xbox wont have games lol!
    I guess I need to ask it this way then. What is MS doing to make you think that things will be different with the 720 than they have been the last 2-3 years with the 360?

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Is there scaremongering the Xbox won't have games though?

We can expect every major 3rd party title to be on the Xbox and you bet they'll have some first party stuff for launch too, anyone who thinks otherwise is smokin the good $#@!

Their direction the last few years shouldn't indicate their plans for the new Xbox imo. We may not see as many first party offerings from them (or we might, considering they've assembled a few more studios over the past couple years) but 3rd party games will always be there and that's enough for some people

Not for me though. Hence why I said in that other thread I'm waiting to hear officially about the Nextbox before making a decision on whether I want it or not

Flaw3d Genius
    I guess I need to ask it this way then. What is MS doing to make you think that things will be different with the 720 than they have been the last 2-3 years with the 360?
    Im more than happy with the 360 for the past 2 -3 years, The Xbox easily gets 90% of my time while the PS3 gets around 10%...they must be doing something right. If they continue with what they have done with the 360 while giving us more multimedia options i'l be very happy.

Superior Member
    Im more than happy with the 360 for the past 2 -3 years, The Xbox easily gets 90% of my time while the PS3 gets around 10%...they must be doing something right. If they continue with what they have done with the 360 while giving us more multimedia options i'l be very happy.
    You really haven't answered my question. I didn't ask if you were happy, I asked what is MS doing to make you think that things will be different with the 720 than they have been the last 2-3 years with the 360?

Flaw3d Genius
    You really haven't answered my question. I didn't ask if you were happy, I asked what is MS doing to make you think that things will be different with the 720 than they have been the last 2-3 years with the 360?
    If im more than happy why the hell would i want things to be different lol...pretty simple buddy.

Superior Member
    If im more than happy why the hell would i want things to be different lol...pretty simple buddy.
    So just to be clear, you're happy with MS relying on Gears, Halo and Forza to differentiate itself from Sony?

Sorry, but for me I need something more than two FPS's and a sim racer when I can get all of the third party games the Xbos has plus a TON of games that just aren't available on the the Xbox.

We'll see what, if anything, MS has up their sleeve for the next console. I'm hoping it's more than they have now. If it's not I switching to Sony.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Just comes down to different brews of gamer. There are those who are happy with MS's minimalist approach to exclusive games output. 3rd party and the fantastic four are enough for them.

There is another type of gamer who appreciates being rewarded for their investment in a console by having lots of industry leading exclusive content offered for it.

I am the latter.

18. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Flaw3d Genius
    So just to be clear, you're happy with MS relying on Gears, Halo and Forza to differentiate itself from Sony?

Sorry, but for me I need something more than two FPS's and a sim racer when I can get all of the third party games the Xbos has plus a TON of games that just aren't available on the the Xbox.

We'll see what, if anything, MS has up their sleeve for the next console. I'm hoping it's more than they have now. If it's not I switching to Sony.
    Jesus it's like talking to a brick wall. Also i'l put any amounts of money on with you we get more exclusives than Halo, Forza & Gears nxt-gen. Hell im sure the Xbox has more exclusives than the 3 you keep mentioning??

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Just comes down to different brews of gamer. There are those who are happy with MS's minimalist approach to exclusive games output. 3rd party and the fantastic four are enough for them.

There is another type of gamer who appreciates being rewarded for their investment in a console by having lots of industry leading exclusive content offered for it.

I am the latter.

Or there is people that purchase both consoles to get the best of both worlds.

Calling people fanboys is against PSU forum rules, cheers! - Ghost
    Last edited by Ghost; 02-17-2013 at 17:25.

Superior Member
    Jesus it's like talking to a brick wall. Also i'l put any amounts of money on with you we get more exclusives than Halo, Forza & Gears nxt-gen. Hell im sure the Xbox has more exclusives than the 3 you keep mentioning??

Or there is people who are not deranged fanboys that purchase both consoles to get the best of both worlds.
    I really hope so. I just wish they would reveal something. The silence is deafening at this point.

And if you're referring to me as deranged, I don't have time for two consoles so I make a decision based on what suits my needs the most.

But the derogatory comment isn't appreciated. I guess when all else fails and you can't make a well reasoned argument, insults are the last resort.

This confuses me...

Hell im sure the Xbox has more exclusives than the 3 you keep mentioning??
    Don't you know?

Last edited by Old Man Gamer; 02-17-2013 at 16:12.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Calm down people. No need to get heated over things we know so little about. Soon we will know what the future will look like for both and it's a pretty good chance that everyone will be happy.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    delete

Flaw3d Genius

Don't you know?

I have no idea what this means? What has a signature got to do with anything?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Or there is people that purchase both consoles to get the best of both worlds.
    Or there are people who have jobs, families and other hobbies and have no need for two consoles...there are also people for whom a console is a large investment for and are unable to buy two.

If one must choose, then the selection of games offered is an important factor, so don't dismiss it just because it is a factor that doesn't apply to you.

Also, the word 'fanboy' has earned one member a little break from the site. Perhaps you can learn from that example, as the staff team won't tolerate that $#@! at all as we move into next gen.
    Last edited by Ghost; 02-17-2013 at 17:26.

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Or there are people who have jobs, families and other hobbies and have no need for two consoles...there are also people for whom a console is a large investment for and are unable to buy two.

If one must choose, then the selection of games offered is an important factor, so don't dismiss it just because it is a factor that doesn't apply to you.

Also, the word 'fanboy' has earned one member a little break from the site. Perhaps you can learn from that example, as the staff team won't tolerate that $#@! at all as we move into next gen.

Why did he get banned? Was he also fed up of the constant bashing of the Xbox brand and brandished someone or some people fanboy/s?

If someone has been banned then maybe it will stop the free for all in this section

I was a member of this site for years and the Xbox section was brilliant...by god it's went downhill in the last year.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Why did he get banned? Was he also fed up of the constant bashing of the Xbox brand and brandished someone or some people fanboy/s?

If someone has been banned then maybe it will stop the free for all in this section
    Because he also wasn't able to have a discussion without resorting to labelling the other participant a fanboy. It would be a shame to lose more members due to this inability.

Thread Information