Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast
    Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'll congratulate MS if they have a successful 3rd console.

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I'll congratulate MS if they have a successful 3rd console.

Sent via Codec
    I think they will unless something terrible like another RROD happens. They probably are very happy about where they are right now. They have come into this Japanese dominated industry and created a strong brand. Now all they need to do is continue to build.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by TrUe GaMeR View Post
    Here are the facts from xbox to xbox 360.
    -more users
    -more live subscribers
    -longer console life span
    -more exclusives
    -just $#@!ing better

Now if we look at facts in this black and white way because that's the only way it needs to be looked at in this case, there is nothing to worry about. If MS moves to slowly for you that's a different matter and argument in itself. But facts are everything has gone up and expanded.

PS. I don't care what console you own.
    The 4 points you mention there are moot and the Ps3 has more exclusives
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    But they are facts. I don't think he was making a comparison to PS.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    People that can't comprehend $#@! have no place breaking up my post and focusing on one part. If you could comprehend $#@! your response wouldn't exist because it makes no sense as a reply to my whole post or to the part you quoted.

Teachers failing you makes your post moot because I doubt you'll take personal responsibility.

Mods if you delete my post delete his waste a space post also.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TrUe GaMeR View Post
    People that can't comprehend $#@! have no place breaking up my post and focusing on one part. If you could comprehend $#@! your response wouldn't exist because it makes no sense as a reply to my whole post or to the part you quoted.

Teachers failing you makes your post moot because I doubt you'll take personal responsibility.

Mods if you delete my post delete his waste a space post also.
    over a video game console? holy $#@! lmao

7. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I am not going to delete the posts. Instead I will give a public warning. This is the Microsoft section, this thread is about the 360. Lets keep it that way. And lets respond without the insults.

We have a special little section for you guys to $#@! and moan over which console is better.
    http://www.psu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/175-PlayStation-vs-Xbox
    Last edited by DarkVincent07; 02-18-2013 at 08:20.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    edit:nvm.

I'm ready to see MS reveal this console.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 02-18-2013 at 12:57.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I think they will unless something terrible like another RROD happens. They probably are very happy about where they are right now. They have come into this Japanese dominated industry and created a strong brand. Now all they need to do is continue to build.
    Don't mean to be all superstitious but let me name every 3rd console from console makers, and you'll see why I'd congratulate them is they are flawless with their success.
    Saturn
    N64
    Playstation 3
    all of them have something in common, but Sony manage to turn it around
    Strong brand or not, the 3rd console everyone has had problems and MS hasn't had a no problem free console( perhaps that a good thing for nexbox, they can only get better)
    But Nintendo & Sony came a very successful predecessors, MS would fit in more with Sega
    if they have no problems they would be the first, and recent info leak are showing ugly heads already, not saying they'll have problems or won't sell like the Saturn did but 3rd time's a charm hasn't really be the case for anyone in the games industry
    but I'm just being superstitious.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Superior Member
    There is a lot of anger over what some see as speculation over the 720. I'll admit that although this is accurate, the speculation is based on what MS has been doing over the last couple of years. Sure that trend may change but as of right now there doesn't seem to be any indication of that. Does MS hold their cards close to the vest, sure they do. But in absence of any other information, one must assume that things will not change.

Personally, if MS doesn't change the way they are handling their console business, I will make the shift from the Xbox to the PS when the consoles are released. My focus for a console is games. If MS is going to stick with the same 3-4 IP's and timed DLC exclusivity the Xbox won't be the consoles for me. Sure they have great third party support, no better than Sony. Do I mind paying $50 for Live, not at all. But, if I can pay the same amount for PSN+ AND get free stuff in the process, for me, that's the better deal.

I'm going to wait and see what MS and Sony have to announce. All of this speculation may be way off base (which I hope it is) and MS may blow us all away with their plans for the future.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

12. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    There is a lot of anger over what some see as speculation over the 720. I'll admit that although this is accurate, the speculation is based on what MS has been doing over the last couple of years. Sure that trend may change but as of right now there doesn't seem to be any indication of that. Does MS hold their cards close to the vest, sure they do. But in absence of any other information, one must assume that things will not change.

Personally, if MS doesn't change the way they are handling their console business, I will make the shift from the Xbox to the PS when the consoles are released. My focus for a console is games. If MS is going to stick with the same 3-4 IP's and timed DLC exclusivity the Xbox won't be the consoles for me. Sure they have great third party support, no better than Sony. Do I mind paying $50 for Live, not at all. But, if I can pay the same amount for PSN+ AND get free stuff in the process, for me, that's the better deal.

I'm going to wait and see what MS and Sony have to announce. All of this speculation may be way off base (which I hope it is) and MS may blow us all away with their plans for the future.
    It's possible. Why would they reveal any new games before revealing the new console?

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It's possible. Why would they reveal any new games before revealing the new console?
    Well they still have the 360 to deal with.

I really hope that they haven't left the remainder of the 360's life span to third parties. I suspect that there are two more years of support left for the 360. I'm curious what MS has in store for it aside from letting the third parties develop for it.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style

I really hope that they haven't left the remainder of the 360's life span to third parties. I suspect that there are two more years of support left for the 360. I'm curious what MS has in store for it aside from letting the third parties develop for it.
    So far its been 3rd party and Gears of war. I'm not sure about the kinect titles.

Elite Sage

Kind of hard to say with MS. They never reveal things early. E-3 should answer a lot of questions regarding this. With close to 80 millions consoles I doubt they will leave it dry.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Microsoft will follow Nintendo way instead of Sony's. Revealing lots of new IPs are risky. All big companies developing sequels instead of developing new IPs. So why would MS do something diffrent when they profit like crazy from 3 title they own? Like milking the classic series as long as they can is much more suit to them. Now with new gen they will definitely bring something new to stage but I don't expect much from them, very close to example of wii U.
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim

I think it's probably too late to hope for the opposite of that now!

Though I'm a bigger Gears fan than I am a Halo fan (playing Halo is a lot more laboured than Gears - which is a ton of fun) so I can't snub Gears Judgement.

And I'm well aware of MS not revealing anything too soon; but apart from the co-"exclusives" (games available on PC and 360 only) there aren't many (if any) to look forward to.

I'm (and I guess so is MS, for people like me ) that I don;t really have a laptop/PC to boast and play most high end games to play on; so those console-exclusives are welcome on my 360.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Soldier 95B
    the speculation is based on what MS has been doing over the last couple of years. Personally, if MS doesn't change the way they are handling their console business, I will make the shift from the Xbox to the PS when the consoles are released. My focus for a console is games. If MS is going to stick with the same 3-4 IP's and timed DLC exclusivity the Xbox won't be the consoles for me.
    I am glad I haven't had your same experience on the Xbox 360 the past couple years. Actually, if I did, I would have thrown my Xbox out the window. In just the last year alone, the Xbox 360 has given ME (not talking about anyone else, BUT ME):

• Completely revamped and improved dashboard
    • Exclusive Entertainment Apps
    • Trials Evolution
    • Halo 4
    • Far Cry 3
    • Minecraft
    • Deadlight
    • Forza Horizon
    • Dishonored
    • Ghost Recon Future Soldier
    • Call of Duty Black Ops 2
    • Happy Wars
    • Borderlands 2
    • Tiger Woods PGA 2013
    • The Witcher 2
    • Mass Effect 3
    • Medal of Honor: Warfighter
    • Alan Wake American Nightmare
    • Hybrid

I have bold the console exclusives. (not including the Indie games I bought). Games I bought on my other console last year, Journey.

So if last year was anything to go by for my Xbox 360...give me $#@!ing more of it! Keep up the bad work!

Number of casual game or shovelware purchased on my 360 in 2012? Zero. But I did save a bunch of money by switching to Geico.
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 02-18-2013 at 23:23.

Soldier 95B
    $#@!, I just realized, I need to buy another exclusive pretty soon, lol. Gears Judgement. Not complaining though! Give me moar gamez (that is how the kids do it these dayz, right?)

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I am glad I haven't had your same experience on the Xbox 360 the past couple years. Actually, if I did, I would have thrown my Xbox out the window. In just the last year alone, the Xbox 360 has given ME (not talking about anyone else, BUT ME):

• Completely revamped and improved dashboard
    • Exclusive Entertainment Apps
    • Trials Evolution
    • Halo 4
    • Far Cry 3
    • Minecraft
    • Deadlight
    • Forza Horizon
    • Dishonored
    • Ghost Recon Future Soldier
    • Call of Duty Black Ops 2
    • Happy Wars
    • Borderlands 2
    • Tiger Woods PGA 2013
    • The Witcher 2
    • Mass Effect 3
    • Medal of Honor: Warfighter
    • Alan Wake American Nightmare
    • Hybrid

I have bold the console exclusives. (not including the Indie games I bought). Games I bought on my other console last year, Journey.

So if last year was anything to go by for my Xbox 360...give me $#@!ing more of it! Keep up the bad work!

Number of casual game or shovelware purchased on my 360 in 2012? Zero. But I did save a bunch of money by switching to Geico.
    I don't recall ever saying that I didn't enjoy the games I have played on the 360. If that's how it was interperated I'm going to have to be clearer in the future. My apologies for conveying the wrong message.

I have been enjoying Halo 4 and Forza Horizon and Skyrim. I'm finishing up AC:R and have Darksiders 2 and Dishonored waiting in the wings. I'm looking forward to AC:3, Bioshock:Infinite and Tomb Raider.

The thing is that most of these gamers are multi-platform. I really dislike Gears so that is of absolutely no interest to me. The entertainment apps I get elsewhere.

I'm glad you are really enjoying your 360. It's a good console. I really hope MS can do some things with IP's like Kameo, PGR, Crimson Skies, Perfect Dark, Mechwarrior, Banjo Kazooie, Killer Instinct, etc. Why are they sitting on all of these games.

They need to get Rare away from avatar clothing and back into the game development business.

They need to revive some successful franchises.

They need to concentrate less on entertainment apps that are available everywhere.

22. Likes hood, Admartian likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    The thing is that most of these gamers are multi-platform.
    And offered more exclusives than any other company as well. I guess they are giving me the gaming of my life time, and I want them to keep it up. Just like I want the other platform to do the same for me. That is why I love owning both.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    And offered more exclusives than any other company as well. I guess they are giving me the gaming of my life time, and I want them to keep it up. Just like I want the other platform to do the same for me. That is why I love owning both.
    That's cool. Like I stated earlier I have no time for two consoles so I have to choose. I just see things differently than you. MS had me early in this generation but lost me over the last couple of years.

Soldier 95B
    No worries. If MS drops the ball with Xbox 3, I will still have my PS4

Elite Sage
    I don't recall ever saying that I didn't enjoy the games I have played on the 360. If that's how it was interperated I'm going to have to be clearer in the future. My apologies for conveying the wrong message.

I have been enjoying Halo 4 and Forza Horizon and Skyrim. I'm finishing up AC:R and have Darksiders 2 and Dishonored waiting in the wings. I'm looking forward to AC:3, Bioshock:Infinite and Tomb Raider.

The thing is that most of these gamers are multi-platform. I really dislike Gears so that is of absolutely no interest to me. The entertainment apps I get elsewhere.

I'm glad you are really enjoying your 360. It's a good console. I really hope MS can do some things with IP's like Kameo, PGR, Crimson Skies, Perfect Dark, Mechwarrior, Banjo Kazooie, Killer Instinct, etc. Why are they sitting on all of these games.

They need to get Rare away from avatar clothing and back into the game development business.

They need to revive some successful franchises.

They need to concentrate less on entertainment apps that are available everywhere.
    They could be doing that. We just don't know for sure.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    That's cool. Like I stated earlier I have no time for two consoles so I have to choose. I just see things differently than you. MS had me early in this generation but lost me over the last couple of years.
    Same here. I loved my Xbox for about 3 years and then I slowly shifted to just using it to play exclusives and doing all my gaming on PS3. Then ME went multiplat and I just didn't really have much left that I felt was worth me keeping my 360. I got burnt out on Halo and Gears as those were really the only ones that really peaked my interest when I did most of my 360 gaming. That and getting burned with RROD twice. I didn't want to get stuck with a 3rd considering I didn't play it much so I traded in.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Master Guru
    It's still way too early to tell what the future holds for the Xbox brand but this kind of thing surely isn't reassuring. It just makes no sense to me. Kinect is fine, despite all the people bashing it i think it's a cool device and i bought one recently. I'm more in to the idea of hybrid Kinect titles that take advantage of voice recognition but still it's a good device with potential. More so for the casual side of gaming but there's nothing wrong with that.

As long as Microsoft focuses on the games i'm all set. It just seems like with the drought of exclusive offerings over the years and this push to have the set top box for the living room they're losing sight of what brought them to the dance to begin with. When you think Xbox you think core gaming. Or at least you used to.

There will no doubt be a slew of great first and third party games on the 720 to open this coming gen but what happens after that is anyone's guess. If they go the same route as they did with the 360 and Sony continues to focus on the games like they did with the PS3 i think Microsoft could be in some trouble. They'd likely lose all the market share they worked so hard to snatch from Sony this gen.

Thread Information