Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

It looks like a mangled crossbreed. lol

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Idk. Looks good but have to hold it first. With a controller that advace i wonder if they going to release anothet gen of it with upgrades. We will see if it is real or not soon.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    headphone jack on the bottom of the controller it looks like. Cha ching

Lethal idk what I'm meant to be looking at. Looks like a reflection to me or am I being retarded?

Also guys, it's 100% a prototype, just read the destructoid article :

Apparently they've tried out several versions of controllers for whatever this next game system is; it's possible that this is one of them.
    Note that there is hardly much space on the front of the controller where they need to slap a SONY logo on. So expect some cleaning up in some way shape or form for the retail look

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post

I saw that too. You thinking fake? I don't know what the hell is up with that. Don't think it's a fake though. But something is up there.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Ultimate Veteran
    By the way, are dev kits usually that massive? o_O
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post

Could be a reflection.
    Other opinions are available.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    Could be a reflection.

Reflection? Looks like someone broke the controller in half instead of cutting it. Looks terrible. Just look at the button with the SQUAURE on it. You see nothing odd about it? Looks like a poorly made fake controller to me.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    By the way, are dev kits usually that massive? o_O
    This is a PS3 dev kit. It's pretty big.

9. Likes MonkeyClaw likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    I don't think a reflection would just cut off like that either.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Is the controller standing on end by itself too? lol

Someone took their Logitech PC controller, and decided to create some sort of mock up PS4 controller. Plugged it in to some old ass looking machine, and called it a prototype lol.

I would believe this picture well before I believed that one.

Last edited by Lethal; 02-14-2013 at 21:18.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Is that GameCube controller slots above the kit. Lol

Ultimate Veteran
    I just assumed the cord leaning on the dev kit was keeping it upright.

Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Is that GameCube controller slots above the kit. Lol
    I see it too.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I hope to hell that thing is a severe prototype, and if it isn't I think we need to kill it with fire! Just use this design Sony:

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    The highlighted part looks to have faded

Sent from my Note II

Elite Member
    to much on that pad even thou its a proto-type im seeing voice intregated & ps3 move intregated on it but why!! move?? really! thought that was all about the PS3, PSMove doesnt belong on PS4 imo it sucks completely an its not for the hardcore market! Sony should get rid of the move completely now the Wii has moved away from the whole motion sensor controllers now an its time Sony did the same with Move it isnt the future because it been on this gen. imo it needs to be removed.
    Last edited by nextgen3; 02-14-2013 at 21:30.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I hope to hell that thing is a severe prototype, and if it isn't I think we need to kill it with fire! Just use this design Sony:

That's a beauty!

Click HERE for my Videos

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19

This rendering is awesome. I would love to see something close to this.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover

This thing is flawless and gorgeous.

Though why not put the touch pad on the back like on the Vita???

Via Tapatalk

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Scryer View Post
    Why are the D-pad buttons not separated?
    Are those two indents on either side of the screen the Start/Select buttons?, if so that sucks. Why is there a slant on the face button side of the controller but not the D-pad side?

Otherwise it's ok, Still wonder whether it's just a prototype though...
    Look at the Vita's D-Pad & yes its a prototype, one of many
    the middle section where the pad & buttons are is high gloss, so yes that a reflection
    the touch pad will probably be more unnoticeable in the retail version.
    Last edited by TGO; 02-14-2013 at 21:34.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    According to IGN this is an early prototype. I'm hoping the actual one shown on the 20th looks a lot better because this looks terribly chunky, angular and not very comfortable.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    That was one of the designs from gaf, this one stood out the most to me, it looks a lot like the current design, but nicely integrates the touchpad and PS Vita style D-pad/buttons!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I would love to see that as the final version.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Though why not put the touch pad on the back like on the Vita???
    I don't get why someone would put it there to begin with. There's barely any room, unlike the Wii U gamepad which also has a screen.

PSU Technical Advisor
    This basically confirms Eye camera packaged in every single box. In fact, there's no "basically" about it.

There will be MOVE 2.0 with every PS4 unit.

The front appears to be a sensor or a screen of some kind. What benefit a screen would have being there is beyond me, though. I am also quite certain there WILL be a Vita like touchpad on the back.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Rumors ahoy! Since we are on the subject of the controller. Now there is a dreaded rumor that they are doing away with the sticks all together and reverting to full touch pad! Please let this just be another goofy rumor. Otherwise I think we would see another boomerang all over again with an uproar from the fans.

We just received a tip from a person within the advertising and brand marketing industry, with some BIG information about what might be a brand new controller for the Playstation 4. The information allegedly comes from advertising agency Bartle, Bogle, Hegarty New York who recently acquired the SCEA account. The controller renders and description also lines up with recent patent information for a new controller.The controller is being called “SplitShock.” It incorporates PS Move technology and PS Vita touch technology into the PS4 controller. The biggest change is the removal of the thumbsticks we have been so accustomed to over the years. Gamers will instead use a Vita like touchpad to control their games. The new controller is also rumored to have 4gb of built-in memory allowing the controller to double as a memory unit as well.If this is truly the design route Sony is taking this could be BIG in changing the way we play games or it might be a BIG disaster moving away from tried and true controller design. My feeling is this might be the new PS Move controller doing away with the wand and nun-chuck, we highly doubt thumbsticks will be going away as touchpad technology just doesn’t offer the control you need in FPS games. This can also be total BS. Leave us some thoughts below, do you think this is the new PS Move controller or is Sony going to kill thumbsticks?? Either way we are waiting for comment from SCEA, until then check out the controller renders and the advertising information we were provided.And of course, check out our predictions for what the big Sony announcement will entail on February 20th!
    The following info is what Sony is passing down so they can work on their PS4 advertising campaign. The attached images are from early renders but have been assured it’s the final design of what the PS4 controller is going to be. The text I’ve copied below is the basis of what they are using to generate the print and social media areas for the campaign, Enjoy…
    —————————————————————————————————————
    Welcome to the Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC family. The following information is for your employees to initiate your print and web advertising campaign.
    With the upcoming release of the PlayStation 4 console, we have redesigned the DualShock 3 controller to remain on the forefront of innovation. With this in mind we have created the SplitShock controller. There are three major changes from the DualShock 3 controller that will give our consumers an edge over our competition.
    The first and most immediate change when a consumer looks at the SplitShock is the removal of the analogue sticks and the inclusion of touchpads in their place. The touchpads serve the same function as the analogue sticks.
    When a consumer is not playing a game, the SplitShock touchpads function as a track pad with both halves making a larger area to swipe and select items. The touchpads are also fully programmable by developers. This gives them the freedom to use the touchpads as they see fit. For example, if the game doesn’t require analogue controls, the touchpads can be used as an alternate input device. This allows games ported from IOS or Android the ability to retain their original control scheme.
    Because of the need to have a comfortable experience when using the track pad function or a dual touchpad controls, the width of the SplitShock is one inch wider when compared to the DualShock 3.
    The second innovation on the SplitShock is the “SHARE” button. The SplitShock contains an internal 4 GB memory chip. This allows consumers to store any pictures, music, or movies on their SplitShock controller. It will also synch with their PSN account and stay updated with their profile.
    When a consumer presses the “SHARE” button, any files on the SplitShock can be used on another PlayStation 4. If they are a PlayStation Plus subscriber, they can also share full games that are registered to their PSN account. The limit to this is that the files can only be shared within 15 meters of a Playstation 4 console.
    For the time being, this function is only enabled between a SplitShock controller and a PlayStation 4 console. In the future this function will be enabled across all of Sony’s product line.
    The final innovation is how we came up with the SplitShock name. Because of the improvements made to the Sony Duel Eye, the PlayStation Move sensors have reduced in size and have been integrated into the SplitShock controller.
    With a press of a button, the SplitShock separates into two halves. This opens up yet another way for developers to customize whatever control system they desire. While the SplitShock is in split mode users can experience a full motion control setup that consumers have become accustomed to with the Move and Navigation controller combination. Another benefit is that since both halves of the SplitShock are Mirrored, even left handed players will have no issues.
    With these innovations for the SplitShock controller, we are giving our loyal consumers a chance to interact with the PlayStation brand in ways they have never imagined before.
    Don't like the sounds of this at all!!!

Thread Information