Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I don't get why someone would put it there to begin with. There's barely any room, unlike the Wii U gamepad which also has a screen.
    I could see some uses for having the small touch input, it would make swiping through the menu or zooming in/out of photos much easier, now the move integration that I see there on the top...that's a different story...they just need to 'move' on with it and drop support for that!

Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Rumors ahoy! Since we are on the subject of the controller. Now there is a dreaded rumor that they are doing away with the sticks all together and reverting to full touch pad! Please let this just be another goofy rumor. Otherwise I think we would see another boomerang all over again with an uproar from the fans.
    There is no way they would do that...would they?!?! If they drop the analog controllers I will personally drive to their HQ and choke them out Royce Gracie style!
    Last edited by MonkeyClaw; 02-14-2013 at 21:40.

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    IGN and Kotaku (lol) reporting from their "sources" that this is 100% a prototype but may not resemble final product.

Fascinating...

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I could see some uses for having the small touch input, it would make swiping through the menu or zooming in/out of photos much easier, now the move integration that I see there on the top...that's a different story...they just need to 'move' on with it and drop support for that!

There is no way they would do that...would they?!?! If they drop the analog controllers I will personally drive to their HQ and choke them out Royce Gracie style!
    Shooter with touchpads? Get ready to die! A lot!!!

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    I really don't think Sony would be as stupid as to get rid of both analog sticks. Neither would Microsoft or Nintendo for their home consoles.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    xSoloWing--
    Not a good design. The analog sticks look like they would be uncomfortable, the directional pad is too tight needs to have some room between each one. The PS button is to far down and looks like it's mushed in together. Above the ps button looks like a speaker. Could get annoying when you press the touch pad for select or start. It's a bad design. Hopefully since it's just a prototype, sony will come up with better ideas.

Supreme Veteran

Yet confirmed

Sources confirm the veracity of photography command of PlayStation 4

Firsthand national Videogamer in Portugal.
    The day is marked by what may be the first glimpse of the next new command console from Sony.
    In the last hours that a photograph that appears to be a command-style PlayStation landed on the Internet, launching a discussion about their veracity. In the aforementioned picture can the main novelty (whose existence was to be spoken for a long time), namely the touch screen in front of the command. The analog also appear to be different from those to which we are accustomed.
    Although it is not anything official, according to statements made ​​by a "reliable source" site IGN , this command is in fact a reality. However, only one prototype is used in a very early stage of production.This may explain the fact that the contours of the command look something rude to that which is already seen by some as the final version of "Dualshock 4".

More information will be released as they become available
    http://translate.google.pt/translate...aystation-4%2F

So a prototype

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Reflection? Looks like someone broke the controller in half instead of cutting it. Looks terrible. Just look at the button with the SQUAURE on it. You see nothing odd about it? Looks like a poorly made fake controller to me.
    The photo is overblown so it's probably either taken with a high ISO setting or with a camera flash. If its taken with a flash it could result in some odd looking reflections.

Or the dev with that devkit broke his controller. We will never know.
    Other opinions are available.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    xSoloWing--
    Rumors ahoy! Since we are on the subject of the controller. Now there is a dreaded rumor that they are doing away with the sticks all together and reverting to full touch pad! Please let this just be another goofy rumor. Otherwise I think we would see another boomerang all over again with an uproar from the fans.

Don't like the sounds of this at all!!!
    If Sony were to do that, they would be forced to redesign it again. Millions of angry Sony fans would demand them to change it back. But hopefully if Sony has learned anything, it's not to piss off their fans.

Elite Member

Add the colours on the buttons! looks to plain. :/

Dedicated Member

Found this. Thought it might interest some people.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCrow View Post
    If Sony were to do that, they would be forced to redesign it again. Millions of angry Sony fans would demand them to change it back. But hopefully if Sony has learned anything, it's not to piss off their fans.
    Yeah. That's why I'm thinking this is nothing more than a rumor in the pot of rumors. I don't think they could be this dumb. Plain and simple.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Why would you have a touch screen on the front of the controller wedged between the dpad and the buttons? That makes no sense to me.

Even it being an E-ink screen to facilitate button mapping or something makes NO sense. Compare this thing to Razer's Sabretooth:

The "razer" logo at the bottom of the unit that glows? That's an OLED screen. For button mapping and such.

But why would a controller made by a console manufacturer (for consoles) even need that function? That's mostly a PC thing to me.

The only other option im seeing here is some form of sensor.. But for what I have no idea.
    Attached Images
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

Dedicated Member

Yeah. That's why I'm thinking this is nothing more than a rumor in the pot of rumors. I don't think they could be this dumb. Plain and simple.
    I can just about guarantee that won't happen. Too many multiplatform FPSs out there. No way could you do a proper Free Look with a touch pad.

Supreme Veteran

My quote from another PS4 controller thread

Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    The PS4 controller will be the DUAL SHOCK 2.1 and it will have the BLUE BOOTH and SENSORS for MOVE and it will have the common SELECT and START buttons and

SQUARE, TRIANGLE, CIRCLE, X buttons and it will have the LT, RT, R2, L2 buttons and the PS LOGO in the center that POWERS the PS4 on...

But that PS LOGO button will have other abilities too and the abilities will do with HOME, PSN, RECORD, and it might also might be a MIC on the controller for communicating with some games and to turn on and of the PS4...

It is just a redesign of the controller and the buttons will all be in the same place as before... But they will add new features..

What they are, is anyone's guess... I am just posting what i think it might be
    So i was right in my assumes on what it might be

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    I can just about guarantee that won't happen. Too many multiplatform FPSs out there. No way could you do a proper Free Look with a touch pad.
    I'm with you here. It just wouldn't work. It would be like playing a console game with an Iphone. Fuck No Thank You!

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayStation Nation
    Funny thing is, that controller pic doesn't reveal a pretty big addition. So there are still a couple of surprises with it

Ultimate Veteran
    Sony wont go full touch. That'd leave them in a position where you could get the same experience for cheaper on an iPad.
    Other opinions are available.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    LMAO, why are you people even questioning if they would get rid of the analogue sticks!? That is the most ridiculous rumour ever and considering they recently made a big deal about getting two sticks on the VITA there is NO WAY they would do this.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

19. Likes Bio wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    A trusted source has told IGN that this controller is real. However, our source notes that it's an early prototype. The controller, in other words, is likely to change between now and when the console launches.

Sony has responded to our inquiry to note that it "can't comment on rumors or speculation", its typical response. We'll almost certainly find out what the final controller looks like at the PlayStation event in NYC on February 20.
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/1...-4s-controller

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    This controller business just made that wait time for the 20th go up by about 30 for me! I hope we just get to see the system design and controller revealed. Which I'm sure we will.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Reflection? Looks like someone broke the controller in half instead of cutting it. Looks terrible. Just look at the button with the SQUAURE on it. You see nothing odd about it? Looks like a poorly made fake controller to me.
    It's a reflection. You can see hair if you look away from the buttons a little bit.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    Hopefully the dpad buttons on the final build wont be seperated, i have always wondered why theyre seperate as it pretty much eliminates fighting games on it imo. Making moves on the SNES controller was rather easy in 2D fighters while ive never seen any point in using it on the PS consoles. Not that i play alot of fighters, but i lost interest in SSFIV quickly after a coup days due to the controller. Wont be a big issue, but it will most likely eliminate the purchase of a interesting fighter on the next console for me.

Otherwise doesnt look that different i just hope the surface of the analogs arent getting quickly slippery like the Dual Shock 3, which were much worse than those on dual shock 2 imo
    Last edited by GalapagosaraY; 02-14-2013 at 22:52.

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    Definitely a prototype.The final design of a controller takes a lot of time and research in order to develop. They just needed to get controllers into the hands of devs so they could design their games with the new features in mind, so they quickly slapped together this thing. No reason to give the devs updated versions as they have the same functionality, and it would just be a waste of time/money. Also, unlike past generations they couldn't just use the same DS shell/look because this new one has the touch pad which is a significantly new feature and essentially requires a design built from the ground up.
    Last edited by Felix336; 02-14-2013 at 22:45.

Veteran
    If it looks like that, I'm pretty sure I will enjoy. Btw I'm thinking that blue lit thing on top may be some sort of eyecam recognition device, just like the sphere on the PS Move controller.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by GalapagosaraY View Post
    Hopefully the dpad buttons on the final build wont be seperated, i have always wondered why theyre seperate as it pretty much eliminates fighting games on it imo. Making moves on the SNES controller was rather easy in 2D fighters while ive never seen any point in using it on the PS consoles. Not that i play alot of fighters, but i lost interest in SSFIV quickly after a coup days due to the controller. Wont be a big issue, but it will most likely eliminate the purchase of a interesting fighter on the next console for me.
    Really? I've always loved the DualShock d-pad for fighters, at least compared to the 360 d-pad.

Thread Information