Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Really? I've always loved the DualShock d-pad for fighters, at least compared to the 360 d-pad.
    Yeah I always thought the 360 felt clunky and cheap. Everything else was up to snuff though.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    I havent tried the 360 controller for more than a coup minutes in shops, but imo the dpad on dual shocks are rather useless in fighters. Atleast in 2d fighters for me, since alot of the moves require you to be able to make the slide movements with the controller, the game shows in the combo lists etc. I didnt have problems with the few moves and fatalities from each character i tried in the MK9 demo though, but on harder difficulties i can see those become a issue to me aswell. I did at some point consider investing in that MadCatZ fightpad thing for SSFIV, but i read that the dpad on that was wobbly and the quality was poor, like most 3rd party controllers

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Really? I've always loved the DualShock d-pad for fighters, at least compared to the 360 d-pad.
    In any game, the 360's dpad is useless. I hate it, its my 1 fault of the controller

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    The photo is overblown so it's probably either taken with a high ISO setting or with a camera flash. If its taken with a flash it could result in some odd looking reflections.

Or the dev with that devkit broke his controller. We will never know.

If you follow the line that leads to the square button, it basically just run right in to it. Just doesn't look legit.

Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    It's a reflection. You can see hair if you look away from the buttons a little bit.
    I am not talking about the hair in the center of the controller. I am talking about the area right where the action buttons are. Nothing fits together properly.

Last edited by Lethal; 02-15-2013 at 00:25.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    If you follow the line that leads to the square button, it basically just run right in to it. Just doesn't look legit.

I am not talking about the hair in the center of the controller. I am talking about the area right where the action buttons are. Nothing fits together properly.

hence, prototype.

its probs an olddd build

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post

Did you draw those atrocious arrows? It just looks damaged to me.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    Did you draw those atrocious arrows? It just looks damaged to me.
    Paint FTL.

Soldier 95B
    I hope that isn't final. I want the sticks offset

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    The final design will be thinner and lighter, this looks heavy and not gaming worthy
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    NO WAY! That's what the 360 is for. I hate the sticks on that thing. Stick to what I'm used to since the PS1 thanks!
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Never liked the offset. Plus if they are still adopting the DS concept don't think it will ever happen. There would be so much hate for them copying MS's design. Although I'm sure MS wasn't the first to use offset but that is what it will be related to.

Ultimate Veteran
    Well, I like it.

13. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Why the hell would they go offset though? It's like wishful thinking for the sake of it lol

It's not like it's an industry standard or anything

Nintendo and OnLive both run symmetrical setups as well as Sony, so. Prepare for the glorious Dualshock form factor once more
    Sega (RIP), Microsoft and now Ouya use the offset.

Opinions and preferences ahoy.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    NO WAY! That's what the 360 is for. I hate the sticks on that thing. Stick to what I'm used to since the PS1 thanks!
    I'm with Soldier 95B. I want the sticks offset. It's way more ergonomic. Just because I'm used to walking hunched over doesn't mean it's a good way to do it.

Dave, I wand you to do this: Take out your PS3 controller and hold it like you're playing a game. Put both thumbs on the sticks. NOW RELAX YOUR HANDS AND THUMBS. You'll see them move upwards in a diagonal. The right thumb moves to the 4 buttons which is where it should be as those buttons are used more than the stick by that thumb. The left thumb moves up to where the left stick SHOULD BE.

Think of it like this, if the 4 buttons were where the right stick is, would that be comfortable? The only reason you're left thumb is at all comfortable is because you're used to stretching it for extended play sessions.

If Sony released an offset stick to buy I'd be happy. They don't even have to include it with the console.

Master Poster
    Can't wait to see the improvements they make cosmetically to this for General release. But from a functionality standpoint. It looks good.
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    I'm with Soldier 95B. I want the sticks offset. It's way more ergonomic. Just because I'm used to walking hunched over doesn't mean it's a good way to do it.

Dave, I wand you to do this: Take out your PS3 controller and hold it like you're playing a game. Put both thumbs on the sticks. NOW RELAX YOUR HANDS AND THUMBS. You'll see them move upwards in a diagonal. The right thumb moves to the 4 buttons which is where it should be as those buttons are used more than the stick by that thumb. The left thumb moves up to where the left stick SHOULD BE.

Think of it like this, if the 4 buttons were where the right stick is, would that be comfortable? The only reason you're left thumb is at all comfortable is because you're used to stretching it for extended play sessions.

If Sony released an offset stick to buy I'd be happy. They don't even have to include it with the console.
    Didn't you post same thing about sticks in a another thread?? haha Not saying your wrong just dejavue.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Veteran
    Looks ok. I have no problem with it.

And HELL NO to offset sticks. That $#@! is retarded.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post

Muscle memory automatically makes my thumbs go where the sticks are on a DS when i pick up any controller. Offset feels uncomfortable to me.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Didn't you post same thing about sticks in a another thread?? haha Not saying your wrong just dejavue.
    Months ago yes. I haven't changed my opinion on it. Like I said, I'd be happy if they released one to purchase and not include it with the console. The 3rd party offset sticks all have HUGE dead zones.

Apprentice

That thing is ugly, lol. It looks like a PC controller I used to use for SNES, NES etc. emulators a few years ago. It was bulky like that and just looked like a bigger Playstation controller. It's just a prototype though, so I'm not worried about the final design. And plus it's about how it feels, not how it looks.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Muscle memory automatically makes my thumbs go where the sticks are on a DS when i pick up any controller. Offset feels uncomfortable to me.
    WAIT WAIT WAIT I call BS. Go pick up a glass of water and HD your thumb horizontal and see how long you want to do that.

Ultimate Veteran
    One does not simply offset the sticks. Speak not this blasphemy.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    One does not simply offset the sticks. Speak not this blasphemy.
    Try holding a fork with your thumb pointed in the same direction as the rest of your fingers. I'm sorry people but just because you're used to it doesn't make it better.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    Kingpin326
    Items New User TitlePhotoShopModern Warfare 3Google ChromeUser name styleColeBattlefield 3Assassins Creed Ezio
    Looks unofficial and fake. Probably home made. I'll just wait 6 more days and find out what sony is really doing.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin326 View Post
    Looks unofficial and fake. Probably home made. I'll just wait 6 more days and find out what sony is really doing.
    I doubt Sony will offset like I want but I agree. No way that's real it's ugly and looks like a tank. Not real.

Thread Information