Latest PSU headlines:

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Idk. I remember a few times that after shutting it down it would charge the controller for a little while. Don't think it did it all the time though. Could have been a glitch. Lol

Someone get this guy a job at Sony. Like now! This is one bad ass rendering. Hopefully the controller will feature something like this. It would be so nice being able to have all the XMB, assuming they still use it, features right at your finger tips. Hopefully that is the route that they will go with the Touchpad. Don't really know until the 20th. I hate this wait so bad!
    I wouldn't mind the design change if they did something like this, having a small screen down there I think would enhance the games...that is one of my most missed features of the Dreamcast! They could also throw a virtual keyboard on there for when you need to type, it would actually be quite ingenious!

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Veteran
    That last rendering was orgasmic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I wouldn't mind the design change if they did something like this, having a small screen down there I think would enhance the games...that is one of my most missed features of the Dreamcast! They could also throw a virtual keyboard on there for when you need to type, it would actually be quite ingenious!
    Yeah Dreamcast was way ahead of its time. So much cool $#@! on that console. Too bad Sega tanked with it. Would have been nice to have a 4 way competition last gen!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Yeah Dreamcast was way ahead of its time. So much cool $#@! on that console. Too bad Sega tanked with it. Would have been nice to have a 4 way competition last gen!
    I am just waiting on the day that Sega gets back into the console business. The one thing that tanked the Dreamcast was piracy, once you go around ripping the GD-ROM it was all over, I remember having around 60+ ripped games back when I had it, but I did purchase a lot of normal games as well!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I am just waiting on the day that Sega gets back into the console business. The one thing that tanked the Dreamcast was piracy, once you go around ripping the GD-ROM it was all over, I remember having around 60+ ripped games back when I had it, but I did purchase a lot of normal games as well!
    It was such a great console. I hated that i got one on its way out.

Friendship is Carrots
    I'm probably an idiot for searching this far into it, but I hope this is a sign of lower triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    No device can power USB without having power on.
    Many newer motherboards for PC's can. Mine is certainly able.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Isn't it a touch pad and not a screen? A screen would have been cool for a virtual keyboard. The mock up design looks good but the sticks need to change

Sent from my Note II

so the new controller has a touch pad/ screen whatever and that takes care of that part of the patent ^^^^

we have those square "buttons" on both sides of the touch pad/screen whatever which house possibly a camera or two so that takes care of that part of the patent ^^^^

the controller has a "speaker/mic" which will send ultrasonic data to the dual wide angle cameras we see in that dev kit shot ^^^^

as you can see it will be able to capture more accurate depth and location data through echolocation ^

audio data will be relayed ^

now the last missing piece of the puzzle... will it split apart to provide full next generation Move capability?
    we all notice the elongated handles on the new prototype picture right? looks like the patent pic doesnt it? ^^
    [SIGPIC]http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=196590&dateline=12571 03452[/SIGPIC]I live capriciously...

PSN ID
    Glaedr-Oromis
    Interesting. Only time will tell what's real and whats a rumor. Can't wait.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Yeah I've heard the rumours of the split controller. I guess it comes from this patent.

Edit: I found a rendering of what the PS4 controller could look like with the latest leak photos in mind. I don't think this is a far stretch. Minus the missing speaker and headphone port.

Last edited by PS4freak; 02-16-2013 at 08:38.

Master Guru
    More likely to be a touch pad like on the vita. The speaker is an interesting move..

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Yeah I've heard the rumours of the split controller. I guess it comes from this patent.

Edit: I found a rendering of what the PS4 controller could look like with the latest leak photos in mind. I don't think this is a far stretch. Minus the missing speaker and headphone port.

The speaker is still on there, I see the holes in between the touch sensitive pad and the PS button. But yes, I have a feeling this is more of what it is going to look like in the end from seeing that prototype!

PSN ID
    Glaedr-Oromis
    I'd like to see that as the final controller. I'd be very happy. Nice looking and easy to use.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude

Came across this look at the PS4 DUAL SHOCK controller and thought i should post it

First off you can see the long rumored touch sensitive bar on the controller. This is very much like the Ouya game pad which is engineered to take advantage of the mobile market. With PlayStation moving into that sphere with there PlayStation Mobile brand this opens the avenue for the Sony to bring some mobile games to the PS4. It could also be used for easier navigation.Two audio additions to the Dual Shock are also interesting in which Sony appear to take cues from both Microsoft and Nintendo. Firstly and easier one to understand is the cue from Xbox controller in the headphone socket. One area which the Xbox is better than the

PlayStation
    is online voice chat. This looks like Sony response and I would not be surprised to find a headset similar to the standard Xbox being bundled with the console as well. The more intriguing addition is that of loudspeaker on the controller like the Wii and WiiU controllers. I just don’t see the point of this however there must be a reason and hopefully Sony will tell us more on the 20th.

Lastly and the most interesting feature of the new Dual Shock control pad is that of the light at the top of the control pad. This is

integrating PlayStation Move into the controller. PlayStation Move itself wasn’t a bad motion control system but it didn’t really take off either. Again I may be missing something here but what is the point of adding this technology to this controller as it is not natural fit for motion control like the Wii remote or the actual PlayStation Move itself? Hopefully next week they will be able to clear this and other issues up.
    http://30plusgamer.com/playstation-4...er-has-leaked/
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    The speaker is still on there, I see the holes in between the touch sensitive pad and the PS button. But yes, I have a feeling this is more of what it is going to look like in the end from seeing that prototype!
    Lol. I see it now! I was too far away from the screen to see the tiny holes.

Apprentice
    I don't think The Move sensor is going to be on the controller, it doesn't make any sense as it would be difficult to hold on most of The Move games anyway.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    maybe i shouldve said while in standby or something....
    my 360 n cablebox charge thru usb without need for turning it on.
    there is still power going to the unit even when turned off. thats why the standby light glows on the ps
    Yeah but thats reduced power and USB need to be powered
    The PS3 more likely shuts all power down except the PSU and reduced power intake, 360 likely does not

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    I don't think The Move sensor is going to be on the controller, it doesn't make any sense as it would be difficult to hold on most of The Move games anyway.
    I honestly hope it isn't I just don't see much use for it. Although it might act like an advanced Sixaxis. Either way I don't know how much I will use it. Probably not at all. I better not be forced to use it is all I know.

19. Likes Coconut_Crunch likes this post
    Apprentice
    I thought the sixaxis was a complete flop and if they do this then it's nothing more then a different take on the sixaxis. I really don't like a move sensor built into the controller. While the controller is clearly a prototype, that's all it is. All a prototype is, is a take on what it would look like if they did a controller with all these functions. I am surprised that everyone on every website is running with this prototype as if it's a fact.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Master Guru
    Yeah I'd be surprised if the final model has move built in.

Ultimate Veteran
    The triggers are supposedly more similar to the Xbox 360's "springy" triggers.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-16-2013 at 21:46.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    The triggers are supposedly more similar to the Xbox 360's "springy" triggers.
    Nice, I hope that's true. I would like them to retain the width of L2 and R2 though, I like it compared to a thin shape that you find on the 360 and WiiU pro controllers

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    maybe i shouldve said while in standby or something....
    my 360 n cablebox charge thru usb without need for turning it on.
    there is still power going to the unit even when turned off. thats why the standby light glows on the ps
    I plugged my Xbox 360 controller with it's charging cable into the USB port on the X360 and it wasn't charging the controller.

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    I plugged my Xbox 360 controller with it's charging cable into the USB port on the X360 and it wasn't charging the controller.
    It has to be plugged in when you turn the system off. You will be able to hear some power going through the system still, which will stop when the controller is fully charged.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Nice, I hope that's true. I would like them to retain the width of L2 and R2 though, I like it compared to a thin shape that you find on the 360 and WiiU pro controllers
    Just as long as theres no need for WD40 like on the GCN pad lol

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Thread Information