Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    @Sufi, in a way yes... But again over the years it has grown to be more that PLAYSTATION FOCUSED anymore

It is much more than that now... It is a family and a collection of great minds now...
    and you wouldn't like it if it were even more than it is right now?

My point is that there's no middle ground, you're either a niche (like Xbox forums) or you're like NEOGAF (multiplat), our focus is completely screwed up. We're neither here, nor there.

I think if we moved more towards multiplat, we would carve a better niche as we aren't like NEOGAF that is filled with trolls and we aren't a one-device forum like the rest either.

We'd also get more people to the website...as we get a lot because they see the PS name and come in. We probably don't get as many Nintendo or MS fans if we didn't have a PS-related name.

I've heard tons of complaints, personally from people saying that they were expecting this place to be PS only...which is why I have always felt that to call it PSU is stupid.

Of course I'm merely stating my opinion, I'm not expecting anything to happen, just pointing out an obvious issue that's been with these forums over the years.

We don't have a niche right now.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    and you wouldn't like it if it were even more than it is right now?

My point is that there's no middle ground, you're either a niche (like Xbox forums) or you're like NEOGAF (multiplat), our focus is completely screwed up. We're neither here, nor there.

I think if we moved more towards multiplat, we would carve a better niche as we aren't like NEOGAF that is filled with trolls and we aren't a one-device forum like the rest either.

We'd also get more people to the website...as we get a lot because they see the PS name and come in. We probably don't get as many Nintendo or MS fans if we didn't have a PS-related name.

I've heard tons of complaints, personally from people saying that they were expecting this place to be PS only...which is why I have always felt that to call it PSU is stupid.

Of course I'm merely stating my opinion, I'm not expecting anything to happen, just pointing out an obvious issue that's been with these forums over the years.

We don't have a niche right now.
    We're neither here nor there? We are called PSU, report news related to Sony and have restructured the forums to put the Sony forums first and foremost and threw everything else into a multiplat forum. Most of our members are PlayStation gamers and love the brand...if they would like more of an xbox or Nintendo presence, well there are other forums!

THIS! IS! PLAYSTATIONNN!

I wouldn't want it any other way!

3. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Our niche is that we're the biggest PlayStation fan site. And that means we're focused on PlayStation without having to deal with the strict nature of an official Sony site.

5. Likes Ryunosuke, Dave-The-Rave , Ghost likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    We're neither here nor there? We are called PSU, report news related to Sony and have restructured the forums to put the Sony forums first and foremost and threw everything else into a multiplat forum. Most of our members are PlayStation gamers and love the brand...if they would like more of an xbox or Nintendo presence, well there are other forums! THIS! IS! PLAYSTATIONNN! I wouldn't want it any other way!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buXYM0uGDbw

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Our niche is that we're the biggest PlayStation fan site. And that means we're focused on PlayStation without having to deal with the strict nature of an official Sony site.
    Couldn't have put it better myself. Its a PlayStation site. If your a fan of both then come on. It's not like they are turning people away. PlayStation has and always will be the main focus of the site unless they change the name.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    We are the middle man and focus on one and yet deliver more, we stand above the rest as the one forum welcoming with open arms and straight shooting comments

We bring the news, rumors, fun, excellent knowledge and logical in-put on issue's that get addressed no other way other than the way we see them

We explore different things and embrace change... We are PSU forum and we rock
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I'm only here cause its a PS site, I tried to go multiplat but I really dont have any friends with an xbox so I kind of just use it for exclusive single player games. I think this place would lose something if it went fully multiplat, wouldnt they have to pretty much rebrand themselves and start new?

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

10. Likes Dave-The-Rave likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    yes and that is a pain... We have already been down the road of updates and changes to certain parts of the forum, a full on in your face change. Would cause this place nothing but chaos and many if not all would leave
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I'd move to some other PS site if it went 100% multi, I've been to multiplat sites before and most of them are overloaded with trolls, this place ain't that bad but it'd get worse for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    i might do the same... But i love it here so much, that i would stick it out. But i see this Multi-platform thing never happening

Because they have sense not to ruin something that has worked since day one

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I'd move to some other PS site if it went 100% multi, I've been to multiplat sites before and most of them are overloaded with trolls, this place ain't that bad but it'd get worse for sure.
    Yeah I agree. That would be a bad move.

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I meant to say, why don't we go towards that direction.
    because hurr durr playdayshun

*ahem* I think despite what so many here think and say, this is essentially a multiplatform forum (or closely, PC, PS3, and 360 accepting). The attitude here is leaned towards the PS3, but the community is generally mature and accepting of all things gaming and technology. It feels like things have expanded a lot over the years I've been here. I very much get the impression things formally remain so PS3 inclined to hit that specific user market. You have more jumping single-console fans than you do people with the cash, time and care for multiple platforms. A website dedicated towards a focused subject or genre is very appealing.

Personally I wouldn't mind a wider shift towards some equal grounds on the corporate level, but I understand why it hasn't happened.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 02-17-2013 at 05:57.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Sage
    Nothing needs to change. Console wars isn't as big of an issue as it's being made here....things can improve (things can always improve.) A simple name change isn't going to do that.

A lot of us are here because 'PlayStation' was part of the name. We stayed for various reasons.....but you can't deny the main reason most of us joined here.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    because hurr durr playdayshun

*ahem* I think despite what so many here think and say, this is essentially a multiplatform forum (or closely, PC, PS3, and 360 accepting). The attitude here is leaned towards the PS3, but the community is generally mature and accepting of all things gaming and technology. It feels like things have expanded a lot over the years I've been here. I very much get the impression things formally remain so PS3 inclined to hit that specific group user market. You have more jumping single-console fans than you do people with the cash, time and care for multiple platforms. A website dedicated towards a focused subject or genre is very appealing.

Personally I wouldn't mind a wider shift towards some equal grounds on the corporate level, but I understand why it hasn't happened.
    With a site like this there is a decent balance considering what the sites main focus is. At least unlike other forums there is more of an open arms feeling than others when it comes to having niche sites. It does help overall because if it was just all things PlayStation it would all be members just agreeing most of the time. The main focus is PS but it's not like they haven't tried to make it more appealing. There is an other gaming section that has plenty of members frequenting it. It's just more focused on PS because that's what the site is founded on. Like you said we have a mostly mature member base here so there is usually enough conversations that don't involve calling other members fanboys. The mods do pretty well IMO by keeping that kind of stuff in check by handing out infractions in an unbiased fashion.

If they did have it split off into their own sections but I think they just consolidated all of them into one section because they were trying to slim down the main forums page. IIRC. It probably wouldn't hurt too much in the end if they tried to add more sections to try to help boost members. Only thing I think it might hurt would be separating the community more because members would probably try to stay more in certain areas of the forums they are more accustomed to. I think it is safe to say that we all have a pretty strong community here and it's opened up different doors for everyone. For me for instance, when I jumped into PC gaming last year. Everyone here was very helpful, you included, in helping me out with questions that I had. Not to mention PSU just seems to be everywhere. Steam, game clans, ext. I think we have a pretty good thing going here. Just my opinions though. Not trying to change yours Rapture.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 02-17-2013 at 02:34.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I do not think we could cover anymore on this issue of single or multi platform topic.... We will end up either going in circles or really getting into a heated debate and the end result infractions

And i know we do not want that

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I think it's safe to assume that this would never be the PSU forums ( and earlier psforums) it is today, without it being PlayStation centric.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I love the focus of a dedicated console site...and really, PSU isn't afraid to mention the fact that titles are coming to PS3 and 360 in its articles, and we cover 3rd party games, so the only thing really missing is news on the console itself.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    do we not post news on the consoles themselves at certain points, if we did not do that. We do not really know much about them friend

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    claud what are you talking about? lol Butts have been hurting left right and center as tech nerds battle it out with jiggleflops or whatever they're called. RAM this, CPU that, wizard $#@!...All consoles are known inside out at PSU...sometimes painfully so.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    SORRY I MISREAD YOUR POST... Not being on top of things recently and seems to back-fired all the time

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    claud what are you talking about? lol Butts have been hurting left right and center as tech nerds battle it out with jiggleflops or whatever they're called. RAM this, CPU that, wizard $#@!...All consoles are known inside out at PSU...sometimes painfully so.
    jiggleflops, wizard $#@! lol.

about everyone's posts, i did read them and while you guys do make a good point, i do see that sony fans would not want to join then...

i just think that we should do a better job of making the other platform forums more alive.
    Last edited by Omar; 02-17-2013 at 13:04.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    in what way.. We have all the sections covered on all formats and then some, what else can we do and make it more appealing to SONY and Non-Sony people

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    I dont give a flying fook if the main site started selling dog$#@! to peado's, just leave the forums as ps3 mostly

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Well if you want to bring in child ticklers by all means.. But as my friend say, let my people go

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I am a PlayStation fan first and foremost, this is "PlayStation Universe" and although it is nice to talk about the other platforms every so often it is not what I come here for. If the site was ever to lose its focus I might be tempted to leave.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Thread Information