Latest PSU headlines:

Master Guru

PlayStation 4 Controller's Speaker & Headset jack for 3D Sound? (Sony 3D Sound Patent

http://gamenmotion.blogspot.com/2013...s-speaker.html

Abstract Methods, apparatus, and computer programs for simulating the source of sound are provided. One method includes operations for determining a location in space of the head of a user utilizing face recognition of images of the user. Further, the method includes an operation for determining a sound for two speakers, and an operation for determining an emanating location in space for the sound, each speaker being associated with one ear of the user. The acoustic signals for each speaker are established based on the location in space of the head, the sound, the emanating location in space, and the auditory characteristics of the user. In addition, the acoustic signals are transmitted to the two speakers. When the acoustic signals are played by the two speakers, the acoustic signals simulate that the sound originated at the emanating location in space. "

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    There is a lot of technical info there. I wonder where they are going to go with the speaker on the controller. Me and Monkey Claw were discussing it on the controller reveal thread. Using the speaker for say multiplayer would be an awesome step. You know, if you didn't have a bluetooth headset hooked up. It could help out with all that wash out of sound that you have from chat and game sounds coming from the same source. I'm just curious if that may be the case of if this will be used for Move based sounds like the Wii. I honestly think that would be a waste of space if that is the case. Hopefully we will see soon enough.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Dam you have got well detailed information on that lol. I want to play on my PS4 Uncharted 4, Battlefieled 4, Killzone 5, and I don't care about the speakers thing lool.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    AshSteHol
    Items User name style
    The PS3 in the illustrations is the original phat one.
    KING OF POP
    1958 - 2009

Veteran
    Too many wires.. I'm more comfortable with the wireless stuff. It'd somewhat feel like a step backwards.

6. Likes Coconut_Crunch likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Too many lost hours and brain cells
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    There is a lot of technical info there. I wonder where they are going to go with the speaker on the controller. Me and Monkey Claw were discussing it on the controller reveal thread. Using the speaker for say multiplayer would be an awesome step. You know, if you didn't have a bluetooth headset hooked up. It could help out with all that wash out of sound that you have from chat and game sounds coming from the same source. I'm just curious if that may be the case of if this will be used for Move based sounds like the Wii. I honestly think that would be a waste of space if that is the case. Hopefully we will see soon enough.
    Assuming it's a speaker on the controller...who's to say it's not a microphone?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    It very well could be just speculation mostly because of the likely head phone jack on the bottom. Would be kind of redundant to have a headphone jack only and that not be for voice too. Although it could be for when you don't have the head set on. Guessing for days. Lol 20th hopefully will bring some clarity.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekmon View Post
    More importantly, assuming it's real.

Forum Sage

Sounds neat but I want a practical working model of a device that represents the patent before allowing Sony to have it. But it does seem like a pretty cool concept.

Ultimate Veteran
    sounds kinda cool cant wait to see how this truns out

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    There's definitely a hidden meaning from Sony here. Like a looking glass into the conceptual starting process leading up to what's about to be revealed the 20th.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    More importantly, assuming it's real.
    Kinda goes without saying...right?

Thread Information