Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    you guys don't like it?

i thought it was a rush. granted its only happened the once, but it was quite the experience.

all those thoughts rushing through your head as to why, in that instance of perception, you're no longer in control. it was quite exciting.

anybody ever slept on their arm so long they lost all feeling? xD
    now that is a weird feeling. its like a piece of meat stuck to your side. you can't feel anything, you can't move anything, i laugh my ass off when that happens to me!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    You are all crazy
    Or they got a hold of some bad drugs. lol

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    anybody ever slept on their arm so long they lost all feeling? xD
    now that is a weird feeling. its like a piece of meat stuck to your side. you can't feel anything, you can't move anything, i laugh my ass off when that happens to me!
    Def weird, picking up your arm feels so awkward lol or siting on your legs to long and standing up to quick, I have feel pretty hard a few times doing this haha
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Or they got a hold of some bad drugs. lol
    Must of haha

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    I've experienced sleep paralysis several times. Without question it was the scariest thing I've ever known. I used to be very depressed and I would sometimes go without sleeping for long periods of time, finding naps sporadically throughout the day. When I would wake up, I'd be unable to move any part of my body. The only thing I could do for sure was move my eyes. I wasn't even sure if I was breathing... I would become so afraid of watching my life slowly slip away and not being able to do anything about it. I mention my depression because I had to convince myself in a matter of seconds that fighting the paralysis was worth it; that my life was worth it.

After the second or third time, I researched it and discovered my sleeping habits were causing the problem. I read that there is a belief that a part of your brain disables your ability to physically move while you sleep, and in sleep paralysis the switch stays on. To this day I still find myself jolting awake and physically moving my body in my sleep and it reminds me of when I used to have that problem. Perhaps they are connected?

Anyway, I fixed my sleeping pattern immediately and the paralysis stopped. In a twisted ironic way, I'm thankful for those experiences, because it got me out of my depression and the rut I was in. It also made me realize my deepest fear, and by comparison, nothing else is nearly as scary, so now I know myself better and I'm a much stronger person than I used to be.

That's my story lol

EDIT:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who was terrified by it. I personally wasn't practicing lucid dreaming at the time, though I often lucid dream these days. What DreDayDetox said about reality checks is absolutely true. There are certain things in reality that it is hard for the brain to replicate. Artificial light is one of them. Also, the fingers check is popular because if you check your hands you might often find between two looks you may have mysteriously grown a finger. Another good one is pinching your nose and still being able to breathe out of it.

Basically the idea is to realize you aren't awake. Once you understand that you created this world, you can freely manipulate it and recall anything from memory. These almost always feel more real than memories. It really speaks of the power of the human brain. Imagine if we could unlock its true potential...

Sorry I'm just really fascinated with this sort of thing haha

I tried posting an informational image as an attachment, but the window is blank. I tried different browsers but nothing works. Does anyone know why?
    Last edited by mini E; 02-16-2013 at 23:16.

PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

Master Poster
    Lucid dream sounds epic, im jealous XD
    I have tried to make reality checks but I always forget XD
    And in dreams I gullibly believe everything and dont notice any irregul stuff.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Quote Originally Posted by darksora View Post
    Lucid dream sounds epic, im jealous XD
    I have tried to make reality checks but I always forget XD
    And in dreams I gullibly believe everything and dont notice any irregul stuff.
    it takes some practice. If you're really interested, google dreamviews

PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

Dedicated Member

I've had sleep paralysis a couple of times, but only to the extent that I couldn't move my body - there were no hallucinations involved.

Lucid dreaming however, is something that happens about once a month for me. It's amazing being able to control your dream, and I wish it happened more often. Sometimes I can think what I want to dream about, and when I close my eyes those images turn into a dream, but they are not always lucid. Also, if I wake up from a dream, I can usually go straight back into it if I am quick.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by mini E View Post
    EDIT:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who was terrified by it. I personally wasn't practicing lucid dreaming at the time, though I often lucid dream these days. What DreDayDetox said about reality checks is absolutely true. There are certain things in reality that it is hard for the brain to replicate. Artificial light is one of them. Also, the fingers check is popular because if you check your hands you might often find between two looks you may have mysteriously grown a finger. Another good one is pinching your nose and still being able to breathe out of it.

Basically the idea is to realize you aren't awake. Once you understand that you created this world, you can freely manipulate it and recall anything from memory. These almost always feel more real than memories. It really speaks of the power of the human brain. Imagine if we could unlock its true potential...

Sorry I'm just really fascinated with this sort of thing haha
    This $#@! is more exciting than the PS4

9. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    El Presidente
    I've had night terrors before but never this bad. Most of the time I sleep like a log and remember nothing :P

Thread Information