• Undecided, need more info

6 8.00%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 7
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    great great gtreat, now how much will all this features cost me? all this $#@! is great IF only they make the online play free! charge for match making and xgc but leave online gaming free MS....i doubt it tho, and i also doubt live will remain 50 dollars anually for next gen

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    great great gtreat, now how much will all this features cost me? all this $#@! is great IF only they make the online play free! charge for match making and xgc but leave online gaming free MS....i doubt it tho, and i also doubt live will remain 50 dollars anually for next gen

My guess is just like the others...Netflix, etc.. you will have to pay for your service and likely have a Gold account to use them

Could be wrong, and this could be sorted out at E3 when they get into the detail that they didn't today.
    LMAO

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    I'd love for you to go to any business and ask them what they would think about giving up 1billion+ in revenue from subscriptions to make their customers feel better.

That would be complete insanity.

And you know sony it going crazy at this thought since they pretty much forced themselves to have a free option. You can bet they will be rolling out more levels of PSN service (at various pricepoints) in order to generate a bit more revenue.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Lol it comes again to who will earn more again and again right Outside of USA xbo has nothing more than google chrome for now, we will see at E3.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    I'd love for you to go to any business and ask them what they would think about giving up 1billion+ in revenue from subscriptions to make their customers feel better.

That would be complete insanity.

And you know sony it going crazy at this thought since they pretty much forced themselves to have a free option. You can bet they will be rolling out more levels of PSN service (at various pricepoints) in order to generate a bit more revenue.
    Benefits aren't always direct when it comes to revenues. Imagine how many people would leave Sony due to the charges.

I sure as heck would.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Benefits aren't always direct when it comes to revenues. Imagine how many people would leave Sony due to the charges.

I sure as heck would.
    And go where? To Nintendo? To the PC?

Extreme Poster
    And go where? To Nintendo? To the PC?
    It's possible. But a lot would goto MS because PSN is not as good as Live. So then one can argue that PSN would be better if people paid for it.

Not necessarily. It's all about how far the company is willing to go and what their plan is and how they designed their OS.

Sony really didn't have a choice once they designed the OS so that it's not including the x-game-chat. They can only strip so many features and I'm sure x-game-chat takes up a lot.

Sony wasn't efficient with the OS also which makes it more difficult to implement it later as all previous games would have to be patched (and probably completely changed so you can see why this wouldn't work) or they will all crash.

Dedicated Member

Both for me

Nucleus

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    It's possible. But a lot would goto MS because PSN is not as good as Live. So then one can argue that PSN would be better if people paid for it.

Not necessarily. It's all about how far the company is willing to go and what their plan is and how they designed their OS.

Sony really didn't have a choice once they designed the OS so that it's not including the x-game-chat. They can only strip so many features and I'm sure x-game-chat takes up a lot.

Sony wasn't efficient with the OS also which makes it more difficult to implement it later as all previous games would have to be patched (and probably completely changed so you can see why this wouldn't work) or they will all crash.
    That doesn't seem to go with the narrative touted by most playstation guys, that PSN has caught up to xbl.

I got over paying for online gaming a long time ago, as long as the cost was reasonable and the service was good.

Eventually the playstation owners will have to do the same.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Oh man people still think Sony is gonna charge for PSN? sigh
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Extreme Poster
    That doesn't seem to go with the narrative touted by most playstation guys, that PSN has caught up to xbl.
    It's about what people want out of it. PSN definitely hasn't caught up with the Live but is it adequate? Well, for being free, yes. PS4 has more features that are nice as free but I still wouldn't pay for them.

I got over paying for online gaming a long time ago, as long as the cost was reasonable and the service was good.

Eventually the playstation owners will have to do the same.
    I wouldn't mind the cost if I played it a lot. I just don't play much. In that regard, I can understand why someone wouldn't want to pay. If you're paying for something, you'd probably utilize it more often too.

I know I'm not going to change. See me getting a PS4 if Sony charges. Not gonna do it. PC is pretty decent.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Neither, Ill buy a 2nd xbox360 and play games with my teenage son I think.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

I will be getting Play Station 4 of course. Wouldn't I be stoned here if I choose Xbox instead? LOL Just kidding. I'm a loyalist of PS and will always be.

Thread Information