Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I was never given an ass whooping and I never tried to kill or rape people.
    Children need to know and be taught whats good an bad they don't necessarily need it beaten into them.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    Is it happening more now or is the news all over it much faster these days? I guess I find it hard to believe that the world was a much nicer place 150-200 years or more ago. I think there was quite a bit of violence in the past but before mass media there was no one to report anything. So incidents were isolated and no one got word of it.

From my own mother's experience as a teacher I can tell you and like Rapture said, these kids need some help. In my mother's classroom about 15 of 25 kids have mental problems, quite a few with autism and behavior problems. One of her kids this year was mad about something and threatened to, take a knife and cut my moms head off. Which is pretty disturbing coming from a 4th grader. People don't understand how difficult it is to be a teacher.

Maybe so but if the News is showing this stuff more I will run with it. My point wont change and this behavior needs to be studied by all those and maybe more and these kids are the perfect project for research like that.

Why did these kids resort to that method of violence because a kid was annoying?

How were these kids brought up by their parents? (If they were brought up normally this doesn't count).

What has happened to these kids to have thoughts like that?
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Veteran
    Items FuturamaLinuxBlizzardUser name style
    2010 Lethal's FF League Champion

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Being a father of 6, I find this story pretty frightening. I could not imagine anyone plotting to kill any of my children. This world is so $#@!ed up..
    It's $#@! like this that makes me want to keep my little girl inside rather than let her go out. Honestly, they say our children should be out and active but when $#@! like this happens, I'd much rather them stay in and watch TV. At least I'd know she's safe.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Awww, little tykes.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Finally You Are Free
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    It's $#@! like this that makes me want to keep my little girl inside rather than let her go out. Honestly, they say our children should be out and active but when $#@! like this happens, I'd much rather them stay in and watch TV. At least I'd know she's safe.
    Not only is this the safest period of time in human history, since the beginning of civilization, but one really should consider the question of what is more important in life: the length or the quality?

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    I can see it now. Cod/bully type video. Running through a school, as a boy with a shotgun, wiping out all the kids that you find annoying. Of course they would have to put in a good/evil meter. Depending on where you are then they justifies your punishment/reward. If you're are in the good side, which you get by making friends and hanging out (like sims) then you hang out with them. You do little kid things, however, if you start to go into the bad side then you start pranks in school. You start out with water balloon pranks but If you hit full evil mode then you have a kid running with a spas 12 with sleight of hand, scavenger (don't want to run out, do you?), and flak jacket in case someone gets smart.Of course the ending will show you getting dragged into a police car and the camera will pan all on the people you wiped out. Then your KD comes up.
    Last edited by Silvy; 02-24-2013 at 17:14.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Not only is this the safest period of time in human history, since the beginning of civilization, but one really should consider the question of what is more important in life: the length or the quality?
    Unless you can provide me with a mass of sufficient evidence to back up your claim, I refuse to believe that we're living in the safest era of time. We might not have wars going on (not to the extent of the two world wars, anyway) but the high number of murders, rapes, muggings, random killings, shooting sprees, armed robberies, etc all give me good reason to keep my girl inside.

In answer to your question, well, there is no straight answer. I do of course want my daughter to have an amazing life (quality) but I also wish for her to have a long and happy one (length) - to decide between the two is impossible. In regards to my own daugher's life, at any rate.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    faith in humanity lost

Seriously do guns grow on trees in america? or do idiotic parents just leave them on the TV couch

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    faith in humanity lost

Seriously do guns grow on trees in america? or do idiotic parents just leave them on the TV couch
    Idiotic parents
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    These kids need mental evaluation ASAP.

Finally You Are Free
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Unless you can provide me with a mass of sufficient evidence to back up your claim, I refuse to believe that we're living in the safest era of time. We might not have wars going on (not to the extent of the two world wars, anyway) but the high number of murders, rapes, muggings, random killings, shooting sprees, armed robberies, etc all give me good reason to keep my girl inside.
    Globally both reported rapes and theft crimes have decreased dramatically, dipping largely in the early 1990's. You were nearly six times as likely to be raped in 1979 than in 2009 (2.8 victims per thousand vs 0.5 per thousand). No, it's not a result of unreported rapes either, as the reports to police shrunk slower than the survey reports. Your daughter, as a female, will be treated more fairly now than at any time in history by both the law and society. She's less likely to be raped or stolen from, and homicides have dropped by nearly 90% over the last century. Social movements and technology for finding and capturing criminal is a big part of it. Let's not even examine natural safety, such as death or harm by disease, as that's obviously the best it's ever been.

Even if we move closer to home, the last 'safe' period of Europe was England in the 14th century, near the height if the renaissance. Yet during that time you'd be 20 times more likely to die or be killed than you are today. You can look at nearly any statistic and see that things have become safer and better overall.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 03-04-2013 at 04:40.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    wow this is outrageous.

Apprentice
    As population grows you will have more death and crimes, that's basic common sense really. If the world had less people you wouldn't be getting all the violence. Now there is really no proof to back up that claim at all, but I will assume by using common sense and looking at examples. Lets take China for an example, they probably have more crime and rapes over their but look at their population. That isn't to say that smaller populations can't bring in crime, of course it can but a big popular increases in risk of much more crimes. You have more people you will more than likely have more crime.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

PSN ID
    BeastyGunner9698
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    They need a psychologist, not an ass-whooping or time in jail. One of them may be incapable of empathy and the other was possibly coerced into the plot as a friend (as children are persuaded easily). If this is the case then one of them will likely prove to be anti-social (and I mean anti-social by its actual definition; not to be confused with asocial) and become a dangerous detriment in the future.
    Dont enable them thinking murder is okay. All counseling is gonna do is say "its okay to do this because your mental, just know that its wrong when you do it." The little $#@!s knew exactly what the hell they were doing. Its crock $#@! to think just 'cause somebody goes to a psychiatrist means they wont still do things, especially if they aren't bat$#@!.

"A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice." -Bill Cosby

Finally You Are Free
    That's not remotely accurate and you completely missed my point.

Administrator
    WTF is going on lately? That's terrible.

Thread Information