Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X

Sony: Evolution of PlayStation (PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP/Vita, & Games)

http://www.psu.com/a018316/Official-...yStation-video

I was hoping Sony would do something like this before the big day. I swear, I would LOVE to watch like a three-hour documentary of the history of PlayStation.

Last edited by Ixion; 02-19-2013 at 22:30.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    awesome video... cant waite till the 20

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    To think when Sony jumped in the market they were laughed at. "Your on Nintendo turf." They made a hit, mostly because they went with CD format vs Cartridge. They have brought us some memorable games and planted thier foot in the console gen. With MS turning around this gen we have great competition shaping up. And when buisness fight for us we win.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

4. Likes KyleOnTheRun likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Oh yeah! Awesome!

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Apprentice

That was cool. I hope Sony can bring some of those old franchises from the PS1 and PS2 era back for the PS4.

7. Likes DeadCrow likes this post
    Forum Elder
    GIFSoup

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice
    If Sony does release the PS4 this year or next year, they're going to have the industry in the palm of their hands. This is Sony's year. With what I've read with the rumor specs of both the next ps4 and xbox, it looks like Sony is playing their cards right. These next 6 to 7 years are going to be fun.
    Last edited by DeadCrow; 02-16-2013 at 01:45.

Veteran
    It's pretty much official now, February 20th the day the PS4 is finally revealed to us.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    It's pretty much official now, February 20th the day the PS4 is finally revealed to us.
    I'm kinda hoping the ps4 will start off as fat. I still like the original design of the ps2 and the ps3. Still have my 60gb ps3, and i don't intend on selling it ever.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by DeadCrow View Post
    If Sony does release the PS4 this year or next year, their going to have the industry in the palm of their hands. This is Sony's year. With what I've read with the rumor specs of both the next ps4 and xbox, it looks like Sony is playing their cards right. These next 6 to 7 years are going to be fun.
    Yep, I think even some developers have said the Orbis is more powerful than the Durango.

Sony won't make those same mistakes like they did with PS3 (pricing of the PS3, releasing a year later, no games at the beginning, making the console hard to develop for, etc.), which Microsoft was able to capitalize on this gen.

Apprentice
    Now there's a report that the PS4 will be backwards compatibility for PS3 games. Streaming of course.

Ever since Sony purchased streaming games company Gakai last year, it's been speculated that they were planning to have the next PlayStation stream games. Today, the Wall Street Journal reports that is indeed the case, and that the new console will stream PlayStation 3 games.

Citing 'people familiar with the company's plans," the WSJ reports, elaborating:

The new technology, to be unveiled Wednesday along with the new console, will allow users to play games delivered over the Internet, these people said. The streaming service, they added, is designed to use current PlayStation 3 titles on the new console; the new device is also expected to play new games stored on optical discs

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by PSTrey View Post
    Yep, I think even some developers have said the Orbis is more powerful than the Durango.

Sony won't make those same mistakes like they did with PS3 (pricing of the PS3, releasing a year later, no games at the beginning, making the console hard to develop for, etc.), which Microsoft was able to capitalize on this gen.
    I am guessing that is why they got rid of Ken Kutaragi, he was a big driving for behind the PS3 and the Cell processor.

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Interesting that an official video would use the term "an aggressive marketing campaign" and "a smart and provocative marketing campaign" lol.

Maybe they're gonna try and recapture that pizzazz they had during the ps1/2 eras. Will be interesting to see it up against Microsoft's billionz dollarz campaignz

Cool video though. excite

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I am guessing that is why they got rid of Ken Kutaragi, he was a big driving for behind the PS3 and the Cell processor.
    Probably so. Plus the comment hinting to people to work more jobs/hours just to get a PS3 from Kutaragi, lol. What was he thinking? That was some bad marketing.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Lol Sony really trolled Microsoft! From saying they'll wait and see what the competition does, to not being in a hurry... Also giving out false specs (I still think this is false but Damn!) To all of a sudden gearing up to announce the evolution of playstation and probably will release this year too! Well done Sony, also the marketing this time around looks like it'll be effective

Sent from my Note II

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCrow View Post
    I'm kinda hoping the ps4 will start off as fat. I still like the original design of the ps2 and the ps3. Still have my 60gb ps3, and i don't intend on selling it ever.
    I'm pretty sure it will, I mean most consoles do this and I'm sure it's some sort of marketing strategy to sell some more when they launch the slim versions. But yeah I don't mind a fat console as long as it's durable unlike PS3 Fat which lasted me 2 and 1/2 years, then the refurbished PS3 crap I got from Sony lasted like 6 months.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Well they will get smaller when the innards shrink

Sent from my Note II

PSN ID
    Glaedr-Oromis
    just out of curiously does anyone think they will make two more videos leading up to the PS4 release? One for PS2 and PS3 respectively. Posted this in other thread and thought I'd do it here. Since it's the "official thread".

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Man...the hype is starting to kick in...just a bit...

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeles View Post
    just out of curiously does anyone think they will make two more videos leading up to the PS4 release? One for PS2 and PS3 respectively. Posted this in other thread and thought I'd do it here. Since it's the "official thread".
    Ja it says on the blog that there will be more videos following Sony's journey and highlighting key moments.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I want a full out video of the times I enjoyed as a kid. It would be nice to see this broken down into a 3 part, hour long each series of how the PS brand got where it is. I would honestly pay money to have it on, well blu ray of course. Just would be fitting since sony released the format. Damn I want to bathe in all that nostalgia. PSX was an awesome thing to look back on. That's what turned me into the serious gamer that I am today.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

25. Likes DeRaddyoMoFo likes this post
    PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Interesting that an official video would use the term "an aggressive marketing campaign" and "a smart and provocative marketing campaign" lol.

Maybe they're gonna try and recapture that pizzazz they had during the ps1/2 eras. Will be interesting to see it up against Microsoft's billionz dollarz campaignz

Cool video though. excite
    Yeah, I thought that was strange too -- almost like reminding people that Sony was once, believe it or not, actually good at selling their product.

Then again, I'm not sure any company could have pulled such a launch disaster out of the muck.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal

Evolution of PlayStation: PlayStation 2 (video)

Via ps blog

I was only 11-12 at the time, but the hype man. Inescapable.

Brilliant

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    Kingpin326
    Items New User TitlePhotoShopModern Warfare 3Google ChromeUser name styleColeBattlefield 3Assassins Creed Ezio
    Nice so they will do a ps3 as well and finally reveal ps4 on the 20th.... all this stuff really is leading up to ps4.

Thread Information