Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 223242 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    He said "new." Don't get your hopes up.
    Too late.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm on a hype high right now!!!

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I had a feeling we wouldn't see either the console or the controller, they have to save something for E3! All in all it was a good meeting!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

PSU Technical Advisor
    So let's hear your alternate scenario. How is Sony achieving bandwidth of 176GB\s?

So you say "The GPU is using GDDR5"- wtf does this even mean? You just said you "knew" it was using a unified memory architecture. This means there can only be one pool of memory for everything to use. Outside of potential small sets of embedded fast memory ESRAM.

http://gamingbolt.com/ps4-has-8-gb-gddr5-ram

Look, I'm just as impressed as you that they're putting in 8GB of RAM in this thing with very high bandwidth. But they did say GDDR5.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 02-21-2013 at 02:23.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Well, I can't wait to find some high def recordings of this. I couldn't keep it on the 'Best' connection and even the '480p' was sucking wind at points.

That said, I'd have to say what was shown was good. It has a lot of potential, but a lot was left unsaid.

Definite push for Downloading Games - But no comment regarding support of Disc's - I do like the start playing before it's all downloaded plan. That's a great idea to include.

I love that they have the 'Standby/Low Power' state to halt were you're at in a game and also allow downloading in the low power state. I'm sure you can wake it via the PS Vita too.

Also, I love the full remote play on the PS Vita. The fact that my game systems are on my 64" Plasma means anytime he want's to play his games on it, I loose my TV as been an issue, that would be no longer an issue (at least when it's only him and not including his friends.)

I know there was a bunch of talk about 4K output by folks. Didn't hear any hear and it wasn't want I wanted to see. Instead I wanted to see what the graphic fidelity could become, which from what I saw kicked some major ass (but I want to see this in a high def recording of it.) I'm sure they'll be showing up shortly.

No details on HDD size (type), Pricing, Etc. Or even what it will look like. I'm sure we'll see all that at E3, they definitely got out early and left plenty on the table to bring excitement at E3.

I love that they didn't say when it would be released - just closed the show with 'Coming 2013 Holiday' on the screen.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    I'm sold. It was a great reveal, much better done than what Nintendo did with the WiiU. I'll preorder once it is up.

The controller looks awesome and really impressed they are going with 8GB of GDDR5 RAM. The games look good for this early on and seems to be getting some good support from western developers. We will find out more about Japanese developers closer to and/or at TGS.

Price and the console will likely be revealed at E3 with a few more games. The new Final Fantasy game at either E3 or TGS. I also don't doubt there are a few more surprises in-store for the PS4 before release.

Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    If sony could do that, what makes you think Microsoft couldn't either?
    Price thanks to the new Kinect and the time/money needed to make the changes for it. This is probably what was meant when some where saying Sony was misleading MS by giving lower specs to developers.

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    It shouldn't be too bad this time around. As long as the zealots on both sides don't downplay EVERY $#@!ING thing to do with the other console and give props where it's due, then it should be aight.

Though we've already seen some of that....
    Always gonna happen. Just be different members as people hopefully grow up and play games instead of keyboard warrior battles over silicone and pixels.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    GDC is coming up before E3 so they could show off a little bit there. Maybe some more titles. The console won't be there though I'm sure.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Dayum. They smashed it. I didn't think they'd show much gameplay but their internal studios were out in force! All the Sony speakers were good, articulate and looked like they knew their stuff. Particularly good choice for the guy who talked about hardware.
    Kinda helps when it's the lead architect for the bloody ting!
    Be Together - Not the same.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Damn you, Sony. I was content to complain about the overly-eager next-gen proponents and just enjoy what the current gen still had up its sleeve. The you show me Media Molecule. And Watch Dogs. And even got me excited about a new Infamous (a series I was never crazy about). Damn you, Sony.

Shut up and play games

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Thought it was great overall. Would have enjoyed at least seeing it but I like that we still have a lot more to look forward to at E3. This idea was also good, more hype for the console over what MS has and it means they don't have to beat around the bush as much. At E3 they can jump right into it (well, except for all that number speak of PS3 sales).

With the online features they showed I would definitely pay for a subscription to access it all and the spectating thing is really cool. Not to mention the ability to have a friend control the game for you if you're stuck. Loved that they had ease of use for developers and actually took feedback from them, I think that will help them with this next gen. It would have been great to have Bethesda there and hear them give praise to it since they have been obviously hampered by the PS3 and will show how much of an effort Sony made to appeal to devs. Maybe at E3 with a new Fallout.

I want to look around on Kotaku more to see what I missed but already the MS and anti-Sony fanboy's are out in full. I was randomly logged out of there earlier, almost as a sign, lol. I can't believe people are upset about the social features and even being able to stream games. Fanboyism makes no sense...

Really looking forward to E3 now and what more they have to offer as well as what MS shows. These next few months are gonna be slow.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    So now we have to wait until June to see it? -__-
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Watch Dogs was running on a PC that is modeled like the PS4 the dev on GT just said.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    GT just brought up a good point. It is a bit surprising that the lead architect was American. Quite odd for a Japanese console.
    Best thing they coulda done IMO. Shows they have learnt lessons

Guy clearly knows what he's doing, the length at which he stressed consulting developers and players.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    That Capcom game/tech demo stole the show for me if thats somewhat near in game level its goign to have in its final build i will be sold Watch Dogs looked great aswell and i liked the controllers design, looks comfy and stylish was getting a bit tired of the dual shock original looks

Dissapointed in the fps games they didnt look alot different than Crysis 3 etc. visually to me and the killzone franchise doesnt say me anything

Gonna be exciting to see this E3 though i was amazed at the amount of content unveiled and already this Holiday lol.

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    sony is saving Naughty Dog for E3! whatever MS shows, Naughty Dog is sony's ace come E3! cant wait

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Considered yourself hyped again. Sony played that card right imo.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryunosuke View Post
    I'm sold. It was a great reveal, much better done than what Nintendo did with the WiiU. I'll preorder once it is up.

The controller looks awesome and really impressed they are going with 8GB of GDDR5 RAM. The games look good for this early on and seems to be getting some good support from western developers. We will find out more about Japanese developers closer to and/or at TGS.

Price and the console will likely be revealed at E3 with a few more games. The new Final Fantasy game at either E3 or TGS. I also don't doubt there are a few more surprises in-store for the PS4 before release.

Price thanks to the new Kinect and the time/money needed to make the changes for it. This is probably what was meant when some where saying Sony was misleading MS by giving lower specs to developers.
    MS has deep pockets. Also we don't have confirmation of DDR3 yet. The rumored reasoning for going with DDR3 over GDDR5 was just blown out of the water though.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    PhillyPhreak
    Screw Final Fantasy. Give me a sequel to Deus Ex: Human Revolution, SE!!

"PS1994"- #4ThePlayers

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    So it seems

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Considered yourself hype again. Sony played that card right imo.
    Those bastards.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Best thing they coulda done IMO. Shows they have learnt lessons

Guy clearly knows what he's doing, the length at which he stressed consulting developers and players.
    Not to mention that helps with the relations between US and Japan when it comes to developing. Imo they stay closer to the same page.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Maybe a bit too much talking but a lot will be saved for E3 but they exceeded my expectations massively. Well done Sony.

Got to be day one. The whole thing seems phenomenol

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Really great to see the direction they're taking this generation. Learning from their mistakes and advantages from PS3. Biggest thing now is price point...

Veteran
    Sony out MS'd MS. Now that it's been shown how Gaikai fits in, it makes a lot of economic sense for the new Playstation 4 to be X86 for the CPU, still with 8 cores. They are emphasizing the super GPU, so more info will be something to look forward to. The Unreal 4 engine was being shown in real time and it seems like at least 4 other new engines were shown, very stunning next gen effects. When Quantic Dreams shows a floating head, you know they are going to get the whole character looking and moving like that in game. Sony did make a big point about the future of the Playstation, even though they did give homage to the past. It was obvious Sony asked Blizzard and Bungie to be second party and they have agreed. The Vita was looking very much to tie-in by this holiday and should be priced accordingly. It was a true Kazplosion.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

26. Likes mistercrow likes this post

Thread Information