Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3141 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1182
  1. #1001
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,395
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    118,764 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well that's stupid why would anyone wanna pay for a feature that may or may not be there?

    Good thing I don't care about it...but it sorta sucks for me that the share button is still there lol. Wish we could use it for something else.

  2. #1002
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,007
    Rep Power
    113
    Points
    43,916 (0 Banked)
    Hopefully sony will ensure that the supply of consoles at launch will be able to meet demand. I don't want a repeat of what happened with the PS2/PS3 (especially regarding ebay).

  3. #1003
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,250
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    123,459 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Hopefully sony will ensure that the supply of consoles at launch will be able to meet demand. I don't want a repeat of what happened with the PS2/PS3 (especially regarding ebay).
    That eBay crap is ridiculous. 1000 bucks for a console. They shouldn't even be allowed to do that.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  4. #1004
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,630
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    13,755 (0 Banked)
    We dont know the nuts and bolts but cant some of these sharing features be done on a hardware and network level where it doesnt have to be programmed into.

    Most devs hated working with the ps3 and didnt or couldnt go the extra mile to implement extras.

    Now that theyre running with familiar architecture, and should be easier with better tools, its all about making a better game because your job depends on it, whether its optional or not.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #1005
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,695
    Rep Power
    114
    Points
    36,602 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    isnt the share thing tailored to the OS? meaning that any game can use it. i believe every single game will allow you to record the last 10sec of gameplay to upload.

    oh and every console will come bundled with a headset! looks like someone is learning

    ^^^exactly what im thinking chris, i dont think devs will have to do much in order to get the features into there games
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 02-21-2013 at 05:14.

  6. #1006
    Master Guru
    ttech10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Posts
    6,597
    Rep Power
    87
    Points
    18,288 (0 Banked)
    I remember how annoying those eBay sales were. I was thankful enough to be second in line at my GameStop and didn't have to worry about that crap.

    Hopefully they aren't so limited this year since the technology isn't so new. What did stores have on average, like 10?

  7. #1007
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,007
    Rep Power
    113
    Points
    43,916 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    I remember how annoying those eBay sales were. I was thankful enough to be second in line at my GameStop and didn't have to worry about that crap.

    Hopefully they aren't so limited this year since the technology isn't so new. What did stores have on average, like 10?
    Perhaps Sony will be too ambitious and try to do a worldwide launch like MS did with the 360.

    I think only the gamestop stores received such small numbers of PS3's, I don't remember it being like that a best buy and larger retailers.

  8. #1008
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    If the sharing/streaming your game isn't an OS/game requirement then whaaa. That's puzzling. I can understand some developers being hesitant due to single player spoiler I guess but meh. Needs to be a system wide thing IMO for it to really take off

    Anyone else get a different vibe from Sony this evening? Seemed like a different attitude. And apart from the Media Molecule band thing going on there really wasn't anything to SMH about

    But most bad news filters out nearer to launch haha. So we will see. Nice to know they won't be blocking used games though!

  9. #1009
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,122
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,835 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    That eBay crap is ridiculous. 1000 bucks for a console. They shouldn't even be allowed to do that.
    People shouldn't be allowed to sell a console? Or people shouldn't be allowed to bid over a certain amount?




  10. #1010
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,630
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    13,755 (0 Banked)
    I got a different vibe. It felt like the ps2 days all over again. It felt like they wanted the playstation brand back where it once was.

    They came out swinging unlike this gen when they strolled out a year late to the party thinking they didnt have to work.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by chrisw26308; 02-21-2013 at 05:29.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  11. #1011
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,250
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    123,459 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    People shouldn't be allowed to sell a console? Or people shouldn't be allowed to bid over a certain amount?
    People shouldn't have to pay double/triple/quadruple for a scarce console launch. Granted people will pay that because they're desperate, I think it's just ridiculous. I saw some PS3's going for over 2 grand. :/
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  12. #1012
    Apprentice
    Felix336's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    PSN ID
    felix336
    Age
    25
    Posts
    365
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    4,312 (0 Banked)
    I think one the best things is that they clearly showed they are listening to devs and gamers. After the huge success that PS2 was, they seemed to think they could do whatever they wanted with PS3 and people would buy into it regardless. They definitely paid for it at the beginning of this gen, but have slowly built their reputation back up and this solidified them moving in the right direction.

  13. #1013
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Yeah and they didn't do what everyone was so sure they would do: Show graphs and blabber on about the PlayStation family and the brand and sales figures bla. This was a proper game conference from the first to last minute. Whilst I believe they could have talked in less words between their showings, they really hit it out the park

    8gb gddr5. still can't believe it.

    I remember people were doubting 4gb gddr5 lol!

  14. #1014
    Master Guru
    ttech10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Posts
    6,597
    Rep Power
    87
    Points
    18,288 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Perhaps Sony will be too ambitious and try to do a worldwide launch like MS did with the 360.

    I think only the gamestop stores received such small numbers of PS3's, I don't remember it being like that a best buy and larger retailers.
    I did a search and it appears you're correct, I think they got around 30 on average. I remember our GameStop had a pretty low number, though they actually didn't have a huge line. I was second and got there a few hours before opening (behind a kid who was there overnight).

    It's weird getting to the point where we're thinking about how launch will go. Of course first they have to decide on a design (unless not showing it was purely based on keeping us wanting more).

  15. #1015
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,250
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    123,459 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Yeah and they didn't do what everyone was so sure they would do: Show graphs and blabber on about the PlayStation family and the brand and sales figures bla. This was a proper game conference from the first to last minute. Whilst I believe they could have talked in less words between their showings, they really hit it out the park

    8gb gddr5. still can't believe it.

    I remember people were doubting 4gb gddr5 lol!
    From the beginning I was super pumped... but I do agree they did quite a lot of talking in between. Some of the speakers looked like they have never been in front of an audience before...

    Edit: Some tard put a "PlayStation 4" on Amazon and put it as coming out March 3rd, 2020. -_-
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  16. #1016
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal


    Btw anyone else appreciative of the epic intro? When they showed the P and then the S - then the lights went out and into some crazy awesome nostalgic montage. Then afterwards Andrew House walks on stage to the tune of the PS1 boot up

    I was rubbing my hands at that point lol. Good, good $#@!

  17. #1017
    Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    PSN ID
    Glaedr-Oromis
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    13
    Points
    1,976 (0 Banked)
    I loved it. It was like a rock concert.

  18. #1018
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,250
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    123,459 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post


    Btw anyone else appreciative of the epic intro? When they showed the P and then the S - then the lights went out and into some crazy awesome nostalgic montage. Then afterwards Andrew House walks on stage to the tune of the PS1 boot up

    I was rubbing my hands at that point lol. Good, good $#@!
    Yeah... I was so pissed though... I was like... PS? PS what?! lol
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  19. #1019
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,007
    Rep Power
    113
    Points
    43,916 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    I did a search and it appears you're correct, I think they got around 30 on average. I remember our GameStop had a pretty low number, though they actually didn't have a huge line. I was second and got there a few hours before opening (behind a kid who was there overnight).

    It's weird getting to the point where we're thinking about how launch will go. Of course first they have to decide on a design (unless not showing it was purely based on keeping us wanting more).
    As much as Sony/MS/Nintendo improve their consoles each generation they always end up failing with their launches because of product shortages. Hopefully they put the consoles into manufacturing earlier so they can produce enough for the demand. I would really suck to have to wait a few months after launch to have them readily available.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    From the beginning I was super pumped... but I do agree they did quite a lot of talking in between. Some of the speakers looked like they have never been in front of an audience before...

    Edit: Some tard put a "PlayStation 4" on Amazon and put it as coming out March 3rd, 2020. -_-
    That is the European release date for the PS5.

  20. #1020
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,250
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    123,459 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    That is the European release date for the PS5.
    Lol... of course.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  21. #1021
    Master Guru
    MjW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,464
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    6,931 (44,164 Banked)
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I was satisfied with the show. It was good talk and allowed Sony to throw the first punch. It feels this time around they are better prepared for the upcoming "war".

    As others pointed out, I wouldn't be surprised if MS's social features are better. I just hope Sony's will be good enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    That is the European release date for the PS5.
    True.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

    .

  22. Likes F34R likes this post
  23. #1022
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Btw anyone else appreciative of the epic intro? When they showed the P and then the S - then the lights went out and into some crazy awesome nostalgic montage. Then afterwards Andrew House walks on stage to the tune of the PS1 boot up I was rubbing my hands at that point lol. Good, good $#@!
    I was too. Seriously. lol

  24. #1023
    Master Guru
    IWAO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Copenhagen
    PSN ID
    DynamicSun
    Posts
    6,215
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    5,892 (0 Banked)
    And now so am I excited for E3 2013!!!

  25. #1024
    Forum Sage
    MATRIX 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    8,007
    Rep Power
    113
    Points
    43,916 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    I was satisfied with the show. It was good talk and allowed Sony to throw the first punch. It feels this time around they are better prepared for the upcoming "war".

    As others pointed out, I wouldn't be surprised if MS's social features are better. I just hope Sony's will be good enough.



    True.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD



  26. #1025
    Elite Member
    D3seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Severn, Maryland
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Posts
    1,831
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    1,932 (20,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim
    You know, just browsing through a few news outlets (including PSU) I find it quite strange to down rite anoying that the secod cpu se3ms to have been completely over looked, if not tosed into another site article. If we all watched the same press conference then I simply can't be appreciative of this. I mean it's driving all the special sauce mentioned on stage!

    Sent from the Warlock


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.