Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3141 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1182
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well that's stupid why would anyone wanna pay for a feature that may or may not be there?

Good thing I don't care about it...but it sorta sucks for me that the share button is still there lol. Wish we could use it for something else.

Forum Sage
    Hopefully sony will ensure that the supply of consoles at launch will be able to meet demand. I don't want a repeat of what happened with the PS2/PS3 (especially regarding ebay).

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Hopefully sony will ensure that the supply of consoles at launch will be able to meet demand. I don't want a repeat of what happened with the PS2/PS3 (especially regarding ebay).
    That eBay crap is ridiculous. 1000 bucks for a console. They shouldn't even be allowed to do that.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Forum Elder
    We dont know the nuts and bolts but cant some of these sharing features be done on a hardware and network level where it doesnt have to be programmed into.

Most devs hated working with the ps3 and didnt or couldnt go the extra mile to implement extras.

Now that theyre running with familiar architecture, and should be easier with better tools, its all about making a better game because your job depends on it, whether its optional or not.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    isnt the share thing tailored to the OS? meaning that any game can use it. i believe every single game will allow you to record the last 10sec of gameplay to upload.

oh and every console will come bundled with a headset! looks like someone is learning

^^^exactly what im thinking chris, i dont think devs will have to do much in order to get the features into there games
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 02-21-2013 at 05:14.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I remember how annoying those eBay sales were. I was thankful enough to be second in line at my GameStop and didn't have to worry about that crap.

Hopefully they aren't so limited this year since the technology isn't so new. What did stores have on average, like 10?

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    I remember how annoying those eBay sales were. I was thankful enough to be second in line at my GameStop and didn't have to worry about that crap.

Hopefully they aren't so limited this year since the technology isn't so new. What did stores have on average, like 10?
    Perhaps Sony will be too ambitious and try to do a worldwide launch like MS did with the 360.

I think only the gamestop stores received such small numbers of PS3's, I don't remember it being like that a best buy and larger retailers.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    If the sharing/streaming your game isn't an OS/game requirement then whaaa. That's puzzling. I can understand some developers being hesitant due to single player spoiler I guess but meh. Needs to be a system wide thing IMO for it to really take off

Anyone else get a different vibe from Sony this evening? Seemed like a different attitude. And apart from the Media Molecule band thing going on there really wasn't anything to SMH about

But most bad news filters out nearer to launch haha. So we will see. Nice to know they won't be blocking used games though!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    That eBay crap is ridiculous. 1000 bucks for a console. They shouldn't even be allowed to do that.
    People shouldn't be allowed to sell a console? Or people shouldn't be allowed to bid over a certain amount?

Forum Elder
    I got a different vibe. It felt like the ps2 days all over again. It felt like they wanted the playstation brand back where it once was.

They came out swinging unlike this gen when they strolled out a year late to the party thinking they didnt have to work.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by chrisw26308; 02-21-2013 at 05:29.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    People shouldn't be allowed to sell a console? Or people shouldn't be allowed to bid over a certain amount?
    People shouldn't have to pay double/triple/quadruple for a scarce console launch. Granted people will pay that because they're desperate, I think it's just ridiculous. I saw some PS3's going for over 2 grand. :/
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    I think one the best things is that they clearly showed they are listening to devs and gamers. After the huge success that PS2 was, they seemed to think they could do whatever they wanted with PS3 and people would buy into it regardless. They definitely paid for it at the beginning of this gen, but have slowly built their reputation back up and this solidified them moving in the right direction.

Elite Guru
    Yeah and they didn't do what everyone was so sure they would do: Show graphs and blabber on about the PlayStation family and the brand and sales figures bla. This was a proper game conference from the first to last minute. Whilst I believe they could have talked in less words between their showings, they really hit it out the park

8gb gddr5. still can't believe it.

I remember people were doubting 4gb gddr5 lol!

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Perhaps Sony will be too ambitious and try to do a worldwide launch like MS did with the 360.

I think only the gamestop stores received such small numbers of PS3's, I don't remember it being like that a best buy and larger retailers.
    I did a search and it appears you're correct, I think they got around 30 on average. I remember our GameStop had a pretty low number, though they actually didn't have a huge line. I was second and got there a few hours before opening (behind a kid who was there overnight).

It's weird getting to the point where we're thinking about how launch will go. Of course first they have to decide on a design (unless not showing it was purely based on keeping us wanting more).

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Yeah and they didn't do what everyone was so sure they would do: Show graphs and blabber on about the PlayStation family and the brand and sales figures bla. This was a proper game conference from the first to last minute. Whilst I believe they could have talked in less words between their showings, they really hit it out the park

8gb gddr5. still can't believe it.

I remember people were doubting 4gb gddr5 lol!
    From the beginning I was super pumped... but I do agree they did quite a lot of talking in between. Some of the speakers looked like they have never been in front of an audience before...

Edit: Some tard put a "PlayStation 4" on Amazon and put it as coming out March 3rd, 2020. -_-

Elite Guru

Btw anyone else appreciative of the epic intro? When they showed the P and then the S - then the lights went out and into some crazy awesome nostalgic montage. Then afterwards Andrew House walks on stage to the tune of the PS1 boot up

I was rubbing my hands at that point lol. Good, good $#@!

PSN ID
    Glaedr-Oromis
    I loved it. It was like a rock concert.

Administrator

Btw anyone else appreciative of the epic intro? When they showed the P and then the S - then the lights went out and into some crazy awesome nostalgic montage. Then afterwards Andrew House walks on stage to the tune of the PS1 boot up

I was rubbing my hands at that point lol. Good, good $#@!
    Yeah... I was so pissed though... I was like... PS? PS what?! lol

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    I did a search and it appears you're correct, I think they got around 30 on average. I remember our GameStop had a pretty low number, though they actually didn't have a huge line. I was second and got there a few hours before opening (behind a kid who was there overnight).

It's weird getting to the point where we're thinking about how launch will go. Of course first they have to decide on a design (unless not showing it was purely based on keeping us wanting more).
    As much as Sony/MS/Nintendo improve their consoles each generation they always end up failing with their launches because of product shortages. Hopefully they put the consoles into manufacturing earlier so they can produce enough for the demand. I would really suck to have to wait a few months after launch to have them readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    From the beginning I was super pumped... but I do agree they did quite a lot of talking in between. Some of the speakers looked like they have never been in front of an audience before...

Edit: Some tard put a "PlayStation 4" on Amazon and put it as coming out March 3rd, 2020. -_-
    That is the European release date for the PS5.

Administrator
    Lol... of course.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I was satisfied with the show. It was good talk and allowed Sony to throw the first punch. It feels this time around they are better prepared for the upcoming "war".

As others pointed out, I wouldn't be surprised if MS's social features are better. I just hope Sony's will be good enough.

True.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

22. Likes F34R likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Btw anyone else appreciative of the epic intro? When they showed the P and then the S - then the lights went out and into some crazy awesome nostalgic montage. Then afterwards Andrew House walks on stage to the tune of the PS1 boot up I was rubbing my hands at that point lol. Good, good $#@!
    I was too. Seriously. lol

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    DynamicSun
    And now so am I excited for E3 2013!!!

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    I was satisfied with the show. It was good talk and allowed Sony to throw the first punch. It feels this time around they are better prepared for the upcoming "war".

As others pointed out, I wouldn't be surprised if MS's social features are better. I just hope Sony's will be good enough.

True.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    You know, just browsing through a few news outlets (including PSU) I find it quite strange to down rite anoying that the secod cpu se3ms to have been completely over looked, if not tosed into another site article. If we all watched the same press conference then I simply can't be appreciative of this. I mean it's driving all the special sauce mentioned on stage!

Sent from the Warlock

Thread Information