Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Anyone got links to the full show?

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Sony usually put these up on the PSN if im not mistaken...or did they get done away with with the store revamp?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Dedicated Member

who posted the youtube one thanks nothing was working for stream on my machine.

Missed sort like all upto the Face tech demo

Been watch some on youtube I missed shame missed the tech one youtube dont show this but the data out there.

I am estatic that not bulldozer lets get that out way. Done some digging the chip is nice number.

This weblink will give you idea jaquar size capability

http://www.xbitlabs.com/hot-topics/amd-jaguar

Dont go by it solely as abvious this will be bespoke chip for sony console but it gives loose guide.

http://www.techpowerup.com/180394/AM...Quad-Core.html

This serious chip for sure.

It needs be from AMD they have to recover from bulldozer.

Intel got fight on there hands finally?

Interesting comment second according to someone both Sony and Microsoft got the same chip. Not heared that before that going be interesting scenerio.

Whats everyone think size console me think we will see super slim size right out the bat.

Super Elite

So...just curious since the chorus of PC gamers will be shouting from their mountaintops soon, how much would it cost to buy these parts? Obviously PC's need WAY better specs to provide the same experience (something PC gamers always forget to mention). After all the PS3 has only 512 MB RAM. How well could a PC run these games with that?

That said, I'm still curious about parts cost.

Extreme Poster
    I think they've made a huge leap with the features. Don't care about the share/cloud services as they will be paid anyway. If the rest is there from launch, I'm happy.

If MS can provide those features for free (online/chat), great...but I highly doubt.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    That said, I'm still curious about parts cost.
    Me too

It seems the 8gb GDDR5 came out of $#@!ing nowhere, stealth style. I bet developers were creaming themselves when they found that out

I hope the majority of them will make use of it as 4gb would have sufficed (apparently?). The Epic co founder seemed really giddy about the idea of 8gb gddr5 at the GT post-show, at least

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    What 2nd cpu? I thought it was 2 cpus for processing plus a special chip for downloading.

There's another chip, likely ARM, that runs while the PS4 is turned 'off' and also downloads\uploads videos and other stuff. Basically it's the OS chip from what I've gathered.

Extreme Poster
    8GB was definitely the biggest surprise.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    About Galkai/Cloud service. I missed the presentation. How is that suppose to work? It's obviously an online service which will help stream ps, ps2 and ps3 games. Does that mean I got wait until they load up a library for me to play automatically without downloading or will I be able to put on my optical discs for them to read by some air type emulator that will allow the games to function on next gen hardware?

Elite Guru
    Well they talked about two sides of the Gakai tech for PS4. One side is spectating others and jumping into their games to help them if they request you to, another is streaming demos of PS4 games rather than having to download them to your console

Then they also mentioned that they are looking to bring PS1/2/3 on the cloud to be able to stream, presumably not only on the PS4 but on the Vita and smartphones/tablets

That's how it went if I remember right

The PS4 streaming to Vita over local WiFi is not using Gakai tech as far as I can tell. Seems more like the PS4 acting as a server powerful enough to diminish latency to the Vita over a local WiFi (n?) connection. That seems to have gone under a lot of people, but for me, that's a huge pull. It's basically WiiU functionality

Assuming they've killed the latency which they say they have

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Well they talked about two sides of the Gakai tech for PS4. One side is spectating others and jumping into their games to help them if they request you to, another is streaming demos of PS4 games rather than having to download them to your console

Then they also mentioned that they are looking to bring PS1/2/3 on the cloud to be able to stream, presumably not only on the PS4 but on the Vita and smartphones/tablets

The PS4 streaming to Vita over local WiFi is not using Gakai tech as far as I can tell. Seems more like the PS4 acting as a server powerful enough to diminish latency to the Vita over a local WiFi (n?) connection. That seems to have gone under a lot of people, but for me, that's a huge pull. It's basically WiiU functionality

And Nintendo fan boys will say Sony is copying Nintendo again even though remote play has been used on the PS3! I hope it works great, I have been holding off getting a Vita, but if it can stream the game to the Vita with little to no lag then I will be all over that as well!

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style

Yeah, this Gaikai thing seems pretty damn huge. I hope it's at least half as good as they're promising.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Yeah, this Gaikai thing seems pretty damn huge. I hope it's at least half as good as they're promising.
    I am curious on how they are going to handle game lag with it...I know with some games it isn't a big concern, but some games it is!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I am curious on how they are going to handle game lag with it...I know with some games it isn't a big concern, but some games it is!
    They said they were forming the largest global network ever conceived for this purpose and are investing what seems like billions of dollars in cooperation with other partners to make this cloud gaming experience as awesome as possible. But we're only going on promises right now. If this lives up to how they're saying it is... it will be truly amazing and will pave the road for all future iterations of the PlayStation franchise.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    They said they were forming the largest global network ever conceived for this purpose and are investing what seems like billions of dollars in cooperation with other partners to make this cloud gaming experience as awesome as possible. But we're only going on promises right now. If this lives up to how they're saying it is... it will be truly amazing and will pave the road for all future iterations of the PlayStation franchise.
    I am hoping this video compression/decompression processor that is in it will be the key to fixing the lag, but I will believe it when I see it!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I am hoping this video compression/decompression processor that is in it will be the key to fixing the lag, but I will believe it when I see it!
    The chip entirely dedicated to downloading and uploading should certainly help a lot.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    The chip entirely dedicated to downloading and uploading should certainly help a lot.
    That too! In the back of my mind I was thinking they were going to throw the CELL BE in there as a co-processor for something like this to make it BC with the PS3 (like they did when the PS2 came out), but I guess not!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiNGZMx2vhY

not sure if it'll embed but the link above is the full 2 hours

Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Guru
    Maybe thread worthy but a HUGE Planetside 2 tease from the President of Sony Online Entertainment:

Boom

Administrator
    Maybe thread worthy but a HUGE Planetside 2 tease from the President of Sony Online Entertainment:

Boom

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    It was so obvious Planetisde 2 was in the works.

Hope it's free to play still, that would be so epic. Here's your new console and oh by the way, there's an MMO shooter waiting for you to download for free when you get home

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    There's another chip, likely ARM, that runs while the PS4 is turned 'off' and also downloads\uploads videos and other stuff. Basically it's the OS chip from what I've gathered.
    That. Oh well will find out soon

As for Planetside 2 I'm actually i bit surprised. In a good way of course
    Last edited by D3seeker; 02-21-2013 at 18:48.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    $#@! out da way, $#@! out da way, Sony cumin through yall, $#@! out da way.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Hey guys, I created a thread in the Community Reviews section. I'm gathering impressions from the PS4 announcement and want to hear from our PSU community. All your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thread Information