Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by NYFAN75 View Post
    Yes... Never saw the need with it. When I had the orginal Xbox it was to challenging for me to try to run a cord all around my place to try to get internet capabilities to it so I said screw it.

Why ask a question like that when I already gave a definate answer to already. Is it so hard to believe that I like Warhawk that much or that it was my first online game?? Either way YES..

Holy $#@! man I never thought I would have to give so many answer to my first online gamw
    I am just dumbfounded that Warhawk was your first online game, that is all! You're just the same age as me, and if you are into gaming it just surprised me that you waited so long before getting online with other people!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

PSN ID
    ReDxHorneT
    Items 1UP (Pixel)Avenged SevenfoldLucy PinderSteamPS3 SlimBullet For My ValentineLBP KratosGran Turismo 5Little Big Planet
    First online game was RuneScape. My first lan party was Counter Strike.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    NYFAN75
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I am just dumbfounded that Warhawk was your first online game, that is all! You're just the same age as me, and if you are into gaming it just surprised me that you waited so long before getting online with other people!
    I was just a little behind the times.. Now you can't keep me offline... I may not have the hours some have on BF3 but I still have almost 172 hours logged in.

Checkers on Playsite.com circa 199?.

97 or 98.

Forum Guru
    Uh...

My first experience on playing with another person on adifferent computer was around ~1990 using either null modem cable or a modem around same time.. (stunt car racer & Populous and such..)

Later my first touch to internet and proper MMO experience started with Imperial DikuMud at around ~1992 when shortly after it was launched..

Using modem and a telnet connection directly to internet providers server.(Connection offered was only for within Finland.)
    To get to outside Finland I then connected to brothers linux system and trough it using schools network into the wide world and MUD server.

2400 baud modem was very slow and some of the bigger fights were unplayable with all the text flowing to my screen.
    So I also added a ascii filtering program at internet providers computer to filter unnecessary text before it was sent trough modem connection. (thus getting decent gameplay experience.)
    Last edited by jlippone; 02-26-2013 at 16:04. Reason: typos, readability.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

6. Likes MonkeyClaw likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by jlippone View Post
    Uh...

My first experience on playing with another person on different computer was around ~1990 using either null modem cable or using modem around same time.. (stunt car racer & Populous and such..)

Later my first touch to internet and proper MMO experience started with Imperial DikuMud at around ~1992 when it was launched..

Using modem and a telnet connection directly to internet providers server.(Connection offered was only for within Finland.)
    To get to outside finland I then connected to brothers linux system and trough it using schools network into the wide world and MUD server.
    As 2400 baud modem was very slow and some of the bigger fights were unplayable with all the text flowing to my screen.
    So I also used a filtering program at internet providers computer to filter unnecessary text before it was sent trough modem connection. (thus getting decent gameplay experience.)
    Forgot about telnet! I use to use that back in high school to access stuff! Here is something fun for you youngsters:

If you are running Win 7 or Vista do the following (If you have XP or earlier you don't need to do this part):

Click Start, in the start search box type:

pkgmgr /iu:"TelnetClient"

and press Enter!

Now, open a command line box (Start, type "cmd", press Enter)

Type:
    telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl

Press Enter

Enjoy your full version of Star Wars in ASCII!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

8. Likes jlippone likes this post
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Some PC game back in the day..obviously didn't leave much of an impression on me.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Azimuth85
    Items Iron MaidenFinal Fantasy TacticsJoker (limited ICON)Baby ChocoboLightning
    My first ever online game that I played was FFXI. And it consumed my soul. Other than that it was CoD4 right before MW2

PSN ID : Azimuth85

Thread Information