Forum Sage

Resident Evil 1.5 available for download

I saw it posted on the main site but I don't see any threads here discussing it. Anyone try it yet?

You can get the ISO from here.

Here is a video:

Resident Evil 1.5 is basically what Resident Evil 2 was going to be...

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I posted this yesterday my friend

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...Build-Released
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    Hmmm....search on this forum sucks! I did not see it and I searched for it, oh well.....this can be closed.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    man mine has not even had a single post in it... So i will get mine closed and you keep this one opened

A quote from my thread

Resident Evil fans, get ready for a treat. Remember Resident Evil 1.5? Well, time to get a taste of it as the team that is currently restoring it has released a WIP build that can be downloaded straight away. This is like a dream coming true, so waste no time; go ahead and enjoy it. We should note though that this build is unstable so you might encounter some issues.

According to the team behind this project, the WIP build is a bit of an unstable mess. The instability mainly comes from a tiny experiment the team was running on this very build and the build itself had the joke name “Magic Zombie Door”.

It’s an old build and in no way representative of the current state of missing room implementation, restoration of broken elements, or addition of new content.” the team stated and continued:

Many of the features you see in the build, as explained in our making of videos, comes from injecting pieces of C code that adds features and functionality that was broken, missing, or otherwise needed. There’s a terrible bug we internally called “Air Jesus” present in this build, a legacy issue from the vanilla build, where inspecting objects will often cause … undesirable results. This bug has since been fixed, but is currently present in this build. While, technically, the load feature works, the save feature’s brokenness makes it pretty useless. These are also features that’re fixed and will be working in the final release. There are also many stability issues that causes the game to crash or otherwise misbehave, most of these have since been fixed too. So unless there’s a very Konami Code-esque approach to how you trigger a randomized and reproducable bug, please don’t lose your breath attempting to report bugs to us.”

You can download this WIP build of Resident Evil 1.5 from here Make also sure to visit The-Horror forum where the development team has been posting news about this project. You will need a PSX emulator, so be sure to download ePSXe.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    It's gonna take work, but I'm gonna try to get this and play it. It's like finding buried treasure.

Shut up and play games

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I need to buy a CD to burn it since my PS1 still works and is chipped.

7. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    @claud -- thanks!

I had to go through a few emulators to get it working. I don't have a chipped PS2 so eventually I will pull out one of my old PS2 controllers and use that with my PC to play this.

I gave it go with using a keyboard but it's not the same....

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    friend you a very welcome, anytime... It looks really old school and that is what i really like

Forum Sage
    Yeah, with the direction Resident Evil has been going and considering RE6 wasn't a success (for good reason) we have to expect things like this to happen to get our classic Resident Evil fix! It's unfortunate..

I am glad to get the opportunity to play Resident Evil 1.5 because I remember first reading about it and felt helpless even though I really wanted to try it!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    What is this Resident Evil 1.5?

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

I wish ppl would shut the f*** up about re 6. It was a failure or a piece of crap it was awesome way better than 5. Everything ppl keep $#@!ing about in 6 is the same crap they $#@!ed about not being in 5. Cant have it both ways and you cant expect things to stay the same after all these years. If you dont like it dont play. Residentbis my life and has been since re w and im sick of ppl downing 6 when there is so much worse than it 5 for example. So all you haters shut the hell up.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Hell.. I voted with my wallet. Survival horror. For. The. Win.

Tapatalk

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Quote Originally Posted by mrxumbrella View Post
    I wish ppl would shut the f*** up about re 6. It was a failure or a piece of crap it was awesome way better than 5. Everything ppl keep $#@!ing about in 6 is the same crap they $#@!ed about not being in 5. Cant have it both ways and you cant expect things to stay the same after all these years. If you dont like it dont play. Residentbis my life and has been since re w and im sick of ppl downing 6 when there is so much worse than it 5 for example. So all you haters shut the hell up.
    Can't be a true Resi fan then imo.

15. Likes Malt likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    I loved the old school ones. I have pretty much hated this series since 4 came out. That right there was the downfall in my opinion.

I need to buy a CD to burn it since my PS1 still works and is chipped.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Out of the ones i played 1, 2, and 4 were good, 5 was ok but not as good as 4 and 6 was a great big pile of turd.. Wii edition of 4 was probably the best one I played..

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    There's a reason that this was canned, simply because it was a poor game. Resident Evil 2 turned out to be, in my opinion, one of the best games of the past 20 years as a result. That being said, I've always been interested in the title and definitely will be playing it.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Thread Information