Latest PSU headlines:

Hybrid View

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller

Far Cry 3 Patch 1.05 to add 'Reset Outposts' option. Update: Patch is live.

Single Player: Ability to Reset Outposts

A big part of Far Cry 3’s single player experience is taking over the outposts manned by Vaas’s pirates and Hoyt’s privateers. These outposts, when taken, offer a safe place to resupply as well as a base of operations when exploring new parts of the Rook Islands.

Taking over an outpost as a player also presents a fun challenge; everything from how to approach the outpost to what weapons and tactics to use. Hence, a lot of community members have requested to be able to ‘reset’ the outposts, so that they can be taken-over again.

Here is how it works:

• After conquering all the outposts and completing the game, the player can reset the outposts by selecting “Reset Outposts” in the gameplay options menu.
    • Doing this will reset and make all Outposts hostile again. All incomplete side missions and quests will become hidden. In order to finish the incomplete side missions, you will have to retake the outposts again.
    http://i.imgur.com/dQw6jgm.jpg

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...s-in-Far-Cry-3

No word on when it will be available, but this is the feature I've wanted since the minute I beat the game the first time. The patch will also introduce a new difficulty mode, Master, which will have "more aggressive wildlife, tougher pirates, and more deadly privateers."

Now the only thing I want in this game is more weapons. Also I'm now debating if I should go ahead and start up a new game or wait until the patch. Escaping that beginning section just takes forever.
    Last edited by ttech10; 03-07-2013 at 06:06. Reason: Update title.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Just give me the grenade launcher from Far Cry 2 and I will be fine :P

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    Just give me the grenade launcher from Far Cry 2 and I will be fine :P
    The mortar launcher? I miss that thing, though no matter what I could never get aiming down. I always had to use the smoke to eventually be accurate, even though I had practiced on enemy-less areas and had numbers written down so I could get a hit the first shot.

Since they have stealth in this game though it would probably work a lot better. The first smoke round hitting wouldn't automatically let them know where you're at.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Nice. They need to address the attachment issue too. If I want to attach a scope, silencer and extended clip then let me. It's foolish to limit the player in that area.

FC3 was my 2012 goty. I'll gladly run back through it once my cousin return it to me.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    This patch is now live for both PS3 and 360. Sorry mods for the double post and reviving of an old thread, but I didn't want to make another one for the same topic and only two weeks later.

Loaded up my completed game and just reset all the outposts. I'm tired and just turned off the system but I have a feeling I'm going to hop on tomorrow and have fun taking over the outposts from the early game with my new weapons.

Once I hit the option to reset the outposts I got booted to Amanaki town. It looks as though you can still use any of the fast travel locations except the outpost ones (obviously). Also, it appears to reset the outposts they must ALL be captured.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...enance-notice?

----------------------------------------------
    Multiplayer fixes for the patch:

New features:
    - Added ability for Map creators to start Beta Tests, which other players can join through a new playlist
    - When hosting a Beta test, map creators can use the new spectate feature to monitor gameplay
    - Added new feedback tags and improvements to the user made map rating menu
    - Added option to show other maps by the same author in Map Archive
    - Added option to suicide in PvP matches

General:
    - Fixed several crashes
    - Improvements to host migration
    - Improvements to prevent players from picking up weapons instead of reviving team mates
    - Players will no longer be kicked for being idle in custom matches
    - Improvements to team balancing when parties are involved
    - Improvements to matchmaking for parties
    - Fixed issue where team mates would show as normal players on the mini-map when not clinging on to life
    - Fixed issue where game settings option would not be visible for new hosts in custom match
    - Fixed issues where players could get stuck when using Booster Shots in Co-op
    - Fixed issue where fire was not shown correctly in Firestorm
    - Fixed issue where Kill Cam was not shown in certain circumstances
    - Improvements to Skip Map functionality when playing on user made maps
    - Skipped maps will no longer show up in map rotation when playing on Bronze, Silver or Gold playlists

Single Player fixes for the patch:

New features:
    - Outpost Reset: After conquering all outposts and completing/acquiring the end game achievement/state, the player can reset the outposts in the gameplay options menu
    - New difficulty level: a fourth difficulty option called “Master” with adjustment to player health values and AI behavior to make it more difficult than the current difficulty levels

Fixes:
    - Fixed an issue with the weapons not working properly if a challenge was finished exactly during the weapons switching
    - Fixed the NPC’s ignoring the player in some cases after dying and restarting a social challenge
    - Fixed a hole in the map behind a waterfall that would cause the users to go under the map
    - Fixed an issue with one of the captains from a Wanted dead quest that did not spawn sometimes
    - Fixed the mission objective not updating sometimes when Buck model was seen floating
    Last edited by ttech10; 03-07-2013 at 06:14.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    So its not going to be like FC2 is it where you kill everyone move about 5 feet and there back again or go off screen and there back all over the outpost again,

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm HDD, HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi Uk View Post
    So its not going to be like FC2 is it where you kill everyone move about 5 feet and there back again or go off screen and there back all over the outpost again,
    If you went through and cleared out every outpost, you would never see a single enemy after that and the game got boring. This makes it so once you hit that point, you can reset them all and give yourself the ability to have fun without starting a new game.

The outpost thing in FC3 is totally different than FC2. You clear an outpost and that outpost gets populated with your friendlies, as does the surrounding area.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This is awesome. Makes the game even more re-playable.

Thread Information