Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    It looks cool, but it seems too similar to GT. We don't need two first-party realistic car simulators. So I'm curious to see how Evolution sets this game apart.
    Evolution Studios have never made a sim in their 12 year games history i doubt they are going to start now, This has arcade written all over it.

Master Poster

What is Evolution Studios up to these days? PS4 Motorstorm?

I'm a huge fan of Motorstorms, especially the first one. And I really, really hope they'd release a new Motorstorm on the PS4 launch. And in the original desert setting that clearly worked out the best.

Do any of you fellow nerds know anything about Evolution Studios' plans? I've been out of the gaming discussion for a good couple of years, but PS4 has definitely brought me back!
    "The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic."

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Flaw3d Genius
    Driveclub!

Lets hope the game looks like that, Anyone remember what Motorstorm looked like when they announced the PS3? Ended up nothing like the game on release.

Apprentice
    I thought motorstorm looked really good for the final product. Sometimes when you move the camera angles when showing off a game, the game for some reason can look better because it's all in the angle of the camera. Look at grand turismo games, the replay is still gameplay but because of the camera angles it for some odd reason looks better when in replay mode.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

I strongly hope after Drive Club they will work on a new Motorstorm for the PS4 but with the physics shown in the initial trailer from 2005! That would be absolutely CRAZYYY!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    I thought motorstorm looked really good for the final product. Sometimes when you move the camera angles when showing off a game, the game for some reason can look better because it's all in the angle of the camera. Look at grand turismo games, the replay is still gameplay but because of the camera angles it for some odd reason looks better when in replay mode.
    Very true. And yeah I thought Motorstorm still ended up looking awesome.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I think it was pretty stupid for them to do this Drive Club game. Let Polyphony do the simulation and Evolution do the arcade racing.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by baho View Post
    I strongly hope after Drive Club they will work on a new Motorstorm for the PS4 but with the physics shown in the initial trailer from 2005! That would be absolutely CRAZYYY!
    I would love to see a Motorstorm game on the PS4. Could still happen later down the road. (pun intended).

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    The first rule of Driveclub is you don't talk about Driveclub.

Ahhh fuck it! I'm really keen to learn more about this title. I hope they throw in a bit of Apocalypse into this.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

11. Likes Coconut_Crunch wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I think DriveClub will be more of an arcade social game, these are the areas where Evo have the most experience

***** dweller
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Maybe, Polyphony has other ideas in mind.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I think it was pretty stupid for them to do this Drive Club game. Let Polyphony do the simulation and Evolution do the arcade racing.
    Oh, I don't know, maybe a little internal competition won't be such a bad thing. This seems far more like an arcade racer than a simulation. But, damn, those cars are sure beautiful! Wow!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    xSoloWing--
    I thought they did really well, with motorstorm. I'm excited for driveclub, most likely it's going to look like what we saw at the meeting.
    Oh, I'm sorry did I break your concentration I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue. - Jules

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    All the detail is cool for demonstration purposes, but as a game it needs to grab the gamers through the gameplay. I wasn't thrilled about all the emphasis on "each thread of fabric" or the most realistic metal ever. It needs to be a great, fun drive.

However if there's a enough car-philes out there to make this game popular, then great. I just don't see this being really mainstream.
    Forza. And by that, I mean kids who love racing games seem to love supercars. Even though Forza includes daily drivers like Honda Civics, they give you the potential to turn every ride into a Corvette killer. And they do. I was appalled when I was playing Forza to go online and see nothing but servers full of A Class racing and above. And those are the Ferraris and Lamborghinis, and most of those tuned up with performance parts too. And that's fun for a while, but my lord, racing the equivalent of an F-16 around a track for more than a half hour gives me a headache and the twitches.

Gran Turismo is way more my speed, giving me access to more cars and a group of online folk who appreciate the finesse required to be competitive in a 180hp 240SX or 250hp Mustang. I even saw servers set up for the old VW van! I can take a MkIII Supra on soft street tires and have a very similar experience to doing it in RL in my ride. I can connect directly with my car in a way I can't with any other racer. That includes Forza 4, as admirable as it is in some ways, and my GT5 Supra doesn't sound like it comes with a Borla exhaust bolted on. I never upgraded a single exhaust in F4 because of the overblown engine noise. Jeepers...

Anyway, Drive Club doesn't look like my kind of game, even if the physics is incredible. It seems too much like Test Drive married Project Gotham and had a kid. Stupendously realistic graphics and vroom-vroom noise is only good for so long. The driving is what matters, and even with a few issues, I get that in GT5 in spades and diamonds. So, most likely GT6 will be what I wait for.
    Now writing: two Ratchet & Clank novels, a Sly 4 novel, and two rock albums
    PSN ID: Tetsumura/Tetsumaru019
    Pray for this planet! And I don't mean the environment

17. Likes RyanGT wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    I think DriveClub will be more of an arcade social game, these are the areas where Evo have the most experience
    I got a PGR vibe from it myself. Which actually makes sense considering that alot of the Bizarre Creations guys are working for Evolution now.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Driveclub!

Lets hope the game looks like that, Anyone remember what Motorstorm looked like when they announced the PS3? Ended up nothing like the game on release.
    I don't think evolution would make that mistake again. They got a lot of flak for that.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Superior Member
    Items Guerrilla GamesVitaJoker (limited ICON)
    Anyone want to make a bet?

I think DriveClub and DriveClub 2 will be released before a true Gran Turismo game on PS4 (not including a cross-gen GT6, thats already heavily rumored)

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    lol probably right

The reaction to Drive Club has been pretty muted, I think it looks great. More of a test drive type game than a GT. I don't know how many people here have played fifa clubs but that is the kind of vibe I'm getting off this and it will definitely have an appeal.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Um gt6 will be for ps3, sony needs a racer on the ps4 that's why they have evolution studios developing drive Club. Don't worry we'll not wait that long to have a gt game on the ps4

Sent from my Note II

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    lol probably right

The reaction to Drive Club has been pretty muted, I think it looks great. More of a test drive type game than a GT. I don't know how many people here have played fifa clubs but that is the kind of vibe I'm getting off this and it will definitely have an appeal.
    IF ONLY it took the open world aspect of test drive
    Open world= instant ps4 and drive club buy, no doubt about it.

Also, not really a fan of team work racing. Why I want it to be open world too. Something about this game makes me feel it lacks value of a game and it's just a basically team v team online racing ( which I hope is not the case, but that is what all the trailers and the devs talking makes it sound like to me)

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Forza
    This. First thing I thought of was that this was a next gen Forza with all those same social features.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    Is it strictly cockpit view? That would be a bad move..
    Is that confirmed though? Granted, I only use cockpit view (that is the preferred view for simulation), but more views to appeal to others is important.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    you could see the polygons around the rounded headlights!!!! meh
    Most people, including me, would never even look that close. The game looks awesome to me, though I could see them removing the driver animations of getting in and out of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I got a PGR vibe from it myself. Which actually makes sense considering that alot of the Bizarre Creations guys are working for Evolution now.
    I just want PGR5 for next gen. Go back to PGR 1 and 2 for the base and add next gen features. I don't care if they even toss in a couple of the older tracks, updated as well. PGR is like crack.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Updator
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Is that confirmed though? Granted, I only use cockpit view (that is the preferred view for simulation), but more views to appeal to others is important.
    I think it may be. Didn't they say that It was first person? That would make it the only view possible.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    This. First thing I thought of was that this was a next gen Forza with all those same social features.

Most people, including me, would never even look that close. The game looks awesome to me, though I could see them removing the driver animations of getting in and out of the car.

I just want PGR5 for next gen. Go back to PGR 1 and 2 for the base and add next gen features. I don't care if they even toss in a couple of the older tracks, updated as well. PGR is like crack.
    I kind of liked the driver animations. I thought it was a nice touch.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Updator View Post
    I think it may be. Didn't they say that It was first person? That would make it the only view possible.
    Interesting, I'd love to see a dev force cockpit view on people that only use chase cam in games.

Thread Information