Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The scope of the city was extremely impressive. That showcased 'next-gen' for me.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    The scope of the city was extremely impressive. That showcased 'next-gen' for me.
    I agree. Thats what immediately stood out to me.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    techradar must be assuming that. I didn't see anywhere in the article where they say or mention a source that indicates the titles are going to release on launch (other than the title -- which is why I think it's an assumption they are making.)

I watched the entire conference (that's what I was referring to), they never mentioned a release date or said that Killzone or any other games are launch titles.

The only title that they specifically talked about releasing near the launch window was 'The Witness.'
    Last edited by sainraja; 02-21-2013 at 05:53.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    techradar must be to be assuming that. I didn't see anywhere in the article where they say or mention a source that indicates the titles are going to release on launch (other than the title -- which is why I think it's an assumption they are making.) I watched the entire conference (that's what I was referring to), they never mentioned a release date or said that Killzone or any other games are launch titles.
    I watched the conference too and I think they did mention it. Plus there were rumors before the conference of Killzone being a launch title.

Forum Sage
    I watched the conference too and I think they did mention it.
    They didn't, I am sure of it. They just showed the trailer for Killzone, Infamous etc. The only title that was mentioned as a launch window title was 'The Witness.'

I hope they are launch titles because that would be great. I doubt that they are going to be day one titles though...

techradar is misleading people...I'll end up watching the Killzone conference section again (need to confirm this), but I don't think Sony or Guerilla games said anything of the like...
    Last edited by sainraja; 02-21-2013 at 05:52.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    They didn't, I am sure of it. They just showed the trailer for Killzone, Infamous etc. The only title that was mentioned as a launch window title was 'The Witness.'
    Here ya go. Launch title confirmed. http://www.computerandvideogames.com...launch-titles/

Forum Sage
    Interesting. I wonder why they didn't mention that in the conference, they wouldn't leave out a detail like that -- can't think of a reason why.

When they say a Sony spokesperson, who do they mean? (I am gonna watch the conference again, to see if they said it during that also, I am pretty sure they didn't; if they did I am surprised I missed it then...)

Ultimate Veteran
    Just think this game is in alpha phase and the final game will look so much better

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Interesting. I wonder why they didn't mention that in the conference, they wouldn't leave out a detail like that. When they say a Sony spokes person, who do they mean? (I am gonna watch the conference again, if they said it during that, I am pretty sure they didn't, but I am surprised I missed it then...)
    It's going to launch with it unless something stalls it in development. They will have more about it at e3.

It has been an amazing journey for us so far, being offered the opportunity to be a launch title for the new PlayStation, and the subsequent mild panic to figure out how to best handle all of that.
    Posted by Steven Ter Heide // Senior Producer, Guerrilla Games

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...playstation-4/

10. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Forum Sage
    @claud - It looks great as it is, if it ends up looking better.....can't complain!

Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    It's going to launch with it unless something stalls it in development. They will have more about it at e3.

Posted by Steven Ter Heide // Senior Producer, Guerrilla Games

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...playstation-4/
    Well then (straight from Guerilla Games), I stand corrected.....but I don't think they said this in the conference. I don't think I am wrong about that, regardless glad to be wrong!
    Last edited by sainraja; 02-21-2013 at 06:01.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Interesting. I wonder why they didn't mention that in the conference, they wouldn't leave out a detail like that -- can't think of a reason why. When they say a Sony spokes person, who do they mean? (I am gonna watch the conference again, to see if they said it during that also, I am pretty sure they didn't; if they did I am surprised I missed it then...)
    A Sony spokesman certainly would know more about it than you. And alot of details weren't mentioned at the conference. They didnt even show us the console. But they will propably fill us in at E3. So youre actually going to watch the whole conference all over again just for that? And even if they didnt a spokesman from Sony says it is. Sounds to me like you just dont like to admit when youre wrong. Whatever floats your boat dude. lol

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    @claud - It looks great as it is, if it ends up looking better.....can't complain!

Well then (straight from Guerilla Games), I stand corrected.....but I don't think they said this in the conference. I don't think I am wrong about that, regardless glad to be wrong!
    We're still several months from launch, so it might be scheduled as a launch title, but they probably didn't want to announce something this early and then have something happen where they potentially miss it. I'd expect more concrete details about launch games at and after E3. By then we should be close enough to launch that things will be set in stone.

14. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Forum Sage
    A Sony spokesman certainly would know more about it than you. And alot of details weren't mentioned at the conference. They didnt even show us the console. But they will propably fill us in at E3. So youre actually going to watch the whole conference all over again just for that? And even if they didnt a spokesman from Sony says it is. Sounds to me like you just dont like to admit when youre wrong. Whatever floats your boat dude. lol
    No, it's not that. I just wanted some clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix336 View Post
    We're still several months from launch, so it might be scheduled as a launch title, but they probably didn't want to announce something this early and then have something happen where they potentially miss it. I'd expect more concrete details about launch games at and after E3. By then we should be close enough to launch that things will be set in stone.
    Yeah, they posted it on the blog (Guerilla themselves)...see's Two's post or rad's (sony spokesperson...)

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    No, it's not that. I just wanted some clarity.
    Well a Sony spokesman says it is which coincides with the rumors about it before the conference so thats good enough for me now. Things can always change but so far it seems to be slated for a launch release. I just saw Two's post where Guerilla confirmed it as well.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-21-2013 at 06:15.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Herman Hulst is a sexy beast. When they called him to the stage I was all like 'and here we go.jpg'. This demo didn't disappoint and I like the colour and change to the art direction the game has gone in.

The image quality was brilliant! Maybe not to a PC gamer but coming from the blurry mess of console games of today to that was definitely a generation leap, and a big one at that. Same with Watch Dogs and I expect to be floored at E3 too

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Ok sorry, I take back what I said earlier about this game. It must've just been the crappy stream...check out these shots from flicker. Stunnng !!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/playsta...ream/lightbox/
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Ultimate Veteran

I'm totally impressed with the details. I can't imagine the quality of the final build and this is just the first generation. E3 this year will be so amazing.
    Proud owner of :
    Sony PS3, Sony PS2, Sony PS1, Sony LCD TV, Sony DVD Player, Sony Camcorder, Sony Digicam, Sony Walkman, Sony Car Stereo, Sony Vaio VGC-S series, Sony Ericsson P990, Sony Ericsson P910, Sony STR-DE875, Sony STR-DB930, Sony VAIO VGC-LA1, Sony DSLR-A100, Sony DSLR-A350, Sony PSvita, Sony VAIO-P, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc, Sony DSLR-A77, Sony VAIO Duo 11

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    ...sexual...

Trophy-licious!

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    ...sexual...

$#@!, this image. Whoa. Exactly what I was about to post about:

I watched the trailer again in HD without a stuttering stream and omg the thing I took away this time was at the end when that soldier you play jumps off right before entering what looks like the Helghan zone seperated by a huge dividing wall. I dunno if it's been mentioned and I'm just being slow lol, but that was cool as $#@!. I thought this was Vekta city - so it's insane to think that the Helghast have populated what seems like half the city?

The terrorist attacks at the start of the trailer, and the vast scope of the city which we saw really excites me. I love the direction they're taking this game. People who think a PS3 can do this had their expectations set way too high

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    $#@!, this image. Whoa. Exactly what I was about to post about:

I watched the trailer again in HD without a stuttering stream and omg the thing I took away this time was at the end when that soldier you play jumps off right before entering what looks like the Helghan zone seperated by a huge dividing wall. I dunno if it's been mentioned and I'm just being slow lol, but that was cool as $#@!. I thought this was Vekta city - so it's insane to think that the Helghast have populated what seems like half the city?

The terrorist attacks at the start of the trailer, and the vast scope of the city which we saw really excites me. I love the direction they're taking this game. People who think a PS3 can do this had their expectations set way too high
    I think the background for the story is that the war that happened in Killzone 1/2/3. The ISA won the thing. This game is set years afterwards, if you remember at the end of Killzone 3 Helghan got royally messed up and uninhabitable. So the Vektans allows the Helghan refugees to come live there and that is when the city was splt in half.

Now they've obviously had enough and they have started this uprising.
    Trophy-licious!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Yeah, if you're upset that the grit is gone, then it seems only half the game world will be clean, while the other half will be occupied by the Helghast and therefore grittier.

Sounds like a great premise, story-wise, gameplay-wise, and visual-wise.

Apprentice
    AHHHHHH! I am way to excited, I actually had to lay down for a little bit after watching the conference. Killzone got me excited, Car Club, Infamous. If these 3 games are launch titles, I have to say bravo to Sony. I'm just all giddy inside right now.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Yeah, if you're upset that the grit is gone, then it seems only half the game world will be clean, while the other half will be occupied by the Helghast and therefore grittier.

Sounds like a great premise, story-wise, gameplay-wise, and visual-wise.
    ..and here was me thinking the Helghast were just gritty because of the harsh conditions on Helghan..turns out they're just dirty in general.

Also, it is a confirmed launch title..

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/...playstation-4/

Today we are happy we can finally show you what we have been working on.

It has been an amazing journey for us so far, being offered the opportunity to be a launch title for the new PlayStation, and the subsequent mild panic to figure out how to best handle all of that. But being able to now share it with you is both a scary and proud moment. We are hoping you will like what we have created, and are happy to present you with the first glimpse of Killzone Shadow Fall.
    Last edited by Dave-The-Rave; 02-21-2013 at 16:23.
    Trophy-licious!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    ..and here was me thinking the Helghast were just gritty because of the harsh conditions on Helghan..turns out they're just dirty in general.
    Well, after Killzone 3, the Helghast were a defeated people. So if they were let on a Vektan planet, they were probably poor and therefore ended up having dirty living conditions.

Thread Information