Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Well, in all fairness, they are probably having a tough time learning how to incorporate the wii u gamepad for Versus

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    Well, in all fairness, they are probably having a tough time learning how to incorporate the wii u gamepad for Versus
    New technology sure is scary.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I don't see what else it could be besides Versus or XV. And if XV is directed by Ito, then either game would be awesome.

FFXIII-3 is the end of that series from what I understand, and since Toriyama is handling that game, hopefully he's not involved in the PS4 game.

They could be referring to a PS4 version of XIV, but not likely. They wouldn't hype up an announcement for that.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I guess it will be another FF game to sit in a pile of FF game that will be unfinished for the next 5 years.
    Maybe you are right loooooooooooool.

CPU: I7 3820-GPU: Asus Gtx 980 4GB-Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79-HDD: Seagate 2TB-CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X-TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000-PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD-PS3 Slim 750GB-PS VITA 32GB.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_1991 View Post
    From the looks of it they seem to be alluding to an FF7 remake. Could it finally be happening?

Here's the video for Square Enix's presentation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irBPxViC3Lg

Same demo that was seen a few months ago. There is a plug for the FF7 name before the tech demo for their new engine. It's the same demo we've seen before so there's nothing too special about that. However, we should be "very excited" for the new Final Fantasy game for E3.

Could be FF7, which I'm personally hoping for. Could be FFvs13 which is cool too or something else entirely. Can't wait to find out!
    Really? I missed it 3-4 times so could you give me the time point where he plugs it?

Quote Originally Posted by sosovoo View Post
    Well the video does show shinra corp at the end...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    huh.... no, that is not Shinra corp

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Selected Members Council
    I'm not seeing it either.

Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-21-2013 at 05:53.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    Announcing an announcement was pretty lame, they could have told us about something real. And cool as Agni's Prophecy is, we've seen it before.

Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Really? I missed it 3-4 times so could you give me the time point where he plugs it?
    Oh crap yeah. It was when the first guy was introducing them in before the starting point of this video. There was a whole introduction that got missed here I'll have to find a better video sorry. They were identified pretty much solely by their FF7 franchise, the only actual SE game mentioned actually. seemed like a plug to me since this whole show is obviously prepared ahead of time.

Should've doublechecked what I was linking to there sorry. I assumed it would have shown the whole thing. Not making anything up I watched this live.

Master Poster
    My guess is it's either ff14

or versus 13.

If not then ff15

OK I'm gonna try and get the stream captured myself if I can there's nothing else already hosted that's showing what came before this.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I'm hoping its XV and Versus stays on the PS3.

God this stream is sketchy as hell sometimes it better be working fine once it gets to the SE section of it.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Don't sweat it. I will re-watch the entire meeting. I missed some of the live one because wifey suddenly got cravings for take out...

Next Gen top picks:

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    I take as this. We now know (or can allude to) the possibility if not fact that we've seen this among other things running on PS4/target PS4 hardware.

And I will never give up on Versus XIII. Though I think it's to soon for them to have any real ideas toward XV, even though they seem to have their ideal engine primed and ready with multiple project still shrouded in mystery. If someone actually saw something that would allude to a FF VII remake I wouldn't put it pass them. Square pretty much dissed the main console for hand helds but with the PS4 sounding like a dream for devs I'm listening

Still gonna try and capture it anyway. I should back up what I'm saying with a better video for anyone who comes by here to see what I'm actually talking about. It's working ok now. I'm at the Drive Club section of it so a few more developers and I'll be there.

I know I'm double posting but I can't wait for someone else to post. Got the video recorded. Gotta finish converting (taking forever might need to troubleshoot), edit a bit to cut out beginning and end of video for some extra stuff I recorded and get it online.

Turns out after seeing the ff7 reference again it isn't as big as I played it up in my head but still it is there as the only actual game named within SE's section of the show. Gnna hope anyway I was an early adopter for the game and would like to see something happen with it. I'll finish this little project tomorrow I've gotta go to bed. normally I get up for work at 5am yet here I am ruining my sleep schedule staying up til nearly 4.

Hopefully no one else beats me to it by that time so far. I haven't found the whole clip hosted via youtube yet so I should be the first.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_1991 View Post
    I know I'm double posting but I can't wait for someone else to post. Got the video recorded. Gotta finish converting (taking forever might need to troubleshoot), edit a bit to cut out beginning and end of video for some extra stuff I recorded and get it online.

Turns out after seeing the ff7 reference again it isn't as big as I played it up in my head but still it is there as the only actual game named within SE's section of the show. Gnna hope anyway I was an early adopter for the game and would like to see something happen with it. I'll finish this little project tomorrow I've gotta go to bed. normally I get up for work at 5am yet here I am ruining my sleep schedule staying up til nearly 4.

Hopefully no one else beats me to it by that time so far. I haven't found the whole clip hosted via youtube yet so I should be the first.
    I'm about to go watch the full presentation so I will see. I want it just as much as you do... Some members even more but I will never get my hopes up on FFVII remake again. I will just faint if/when it ever happens

Next Gen top picks:

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    I'm about to go watch the full presentation so I will see. I want it just as much as you do... Some members even more but I will never get my hopes up on FFVII remake again. I will just faint if/when it ever happens
    There's a FFVII-remake-shaped hole in my heart.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    There's a FFVII-remake-shaped hole in my heart.
    You're not the only one here. Silver is probably the most heartbroken of all.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    You're not the only one here. Silver is probably the most heartbroken of all.
    True that. I'm honestly expecting It to be at e3. I seen ff7 two times in those montages. Also, they put some much emphasis on no techinal limitation. They said they got the ps4 years ago. I honestly believe It will be at E3 and I will wager 1k sp and plus rep of course. Any takers?

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    True that. I'm honestly expecting It to be at e3. I seen ff7 two times in those montages. Also, they put some much emphasis on no techinal limitation. They said they got the ps4 years ago. I honestly believe It will be at E3 and I will wager 1k sp and plus rep of course. Any takers?
    I really want it to be true. <.<

22. Likes Silvy likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Square is lucky that they have Eidos' IPs. They haven't made any meaningful games from their own stable (FF series) that are of note; let alone new IPs. - in a long time.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    Your on. I would love to take your SP, rep and revel at your disappointment. Although I don't think you will survive the heart attack if they announce it. I want the game bad too but I got over that disappointment and hype long ago.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Your on. I would love to take your SP, rep and revel at your disappointment. Although I don't think you will survive the heart attack if they announce it. I want the game bad too but I got over that disappointment and hype long ago.
    I probably won't. I just know there working on it. It's just the way he said "possibilities" and they said they would explore the "possibilities" of a remake. Seems too similar for me.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Ultimate Veteran
    I fail to see the mystery. Whatever it is, it will be cross-platform, otherwise they wouldn't be acting like a pair of $#@!roaches in a room with the lights going on stage at Sony's event.

Pr-pr-prease be excited for Final Fantasy at E3.. ?

You've absolutely crushed gamers expectations of you throughout this gen and repeatedly deliver sequels to a game that no one has asked for. You haven't earned the right to get people excited anymore. The last game you put out there (FFXIV) was about the entertainment equivalent of being strapped to a chair and being forced to watch Tubgirl for hours on end.

Square-Enix, if I were Sony, I would have made you pay for your plane tickets home.

27. Likes Thorzilla likes this post

Thread Information