Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDTV_YSU6B8

It's done. Also linking this on first post.

Administrator
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    I fail to see the mystery. Whatever it is, it will be cross-platform, otherwise they wouldn't be acting like a pair of $#@!roaches in a room with the lights going on stage at Sony's event.

Pr-pr-prease be excited for Final Fantasy at E3.. ?

You've absolutely crushed gamers expectations of you throughout this gen and repeatedly deliver sequels to a game that no one has asked for. You haven't earned the right to get people excited anymore. The last game you put out there (FFXIV) was about the entertainment equivalent of being strapped to a chair and being forced to watch Tubgirl for hours on end.

Square-Enix, if I were Sony, I would have made you pay for your plane tickets home.
    I wouldn't have put it quite as eloquently as you, but I have been disappointed in Square for quite some time.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    I fail to see the mystery. Whatever it is, it will be cross-platform, otherwise they wouldn't be acting like a pair of $#@!roaches in a room with the lights going on stage at Sony's event.

Pr-pr-prease be excited for Final Fantasy at E3.. ?

You've absolutely crushed gamers expectations of you throughout this gen and repeatedly deliver sequels to a game that no one has asked for. You haven't earned the right to get people excited anymore. The last game you put out there (FFXIV) was about the entertainment equivalent of being strapped to a chair and being forced to watch Tubgirl for hours on end.

Square-Enix, if I were Sony, I would have made you pay for your plane tickets home.
    I actually enjoyed that video. Sounds like a fun weekend waiting to happen.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    I probably won't. I just know there working on it. It's just the way he said "possibilities" and they said they would explore the "possibilities" of a remake. Seems too similar for me.
    That feeling of disappointment from SE isn't? You know when they keep announcing yet another FF game that isn't FFVII remake.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_1991 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDTV_YSU6B8

It's done. Also linking this on first post.
    You're grasping at straws here. They mention Final Fantasy VII because it was a system seller for the original PlayStation. When they showed the Final Fantasy VII tech demo for the PS3 many years ago, they said immediately after that they had no plans to develop a remake.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-21-2013 at 22:49.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    That video SE showed was clearly a tech demo and after that video it was said they are trying to get close to what that video showed. They basically said it was a tech demo.
    Exactly.

Was kind of annoying, like we could have at least got a logo or a title of what they are going to show at E3...

But ah well... we will see

Administrator
    Preez.... P... P... PREEZ BE EXCITED FOR E TREE! SANK... SANK YOU.

Ultimate Veteran
    Frankly, the time they took to make a puppy puddle on the stage could have been put to much better use by someone who is actually working hard to bring us an exclusive game.

I may be alone on this, but they don't just disrespect the gamer when they do this kind of thing, they really disrespect the whole industry when they act like they can hang a game from the nineties over everyone's head as an infinite badge of legitimacy. If they don't start walking the walk soon, they should be $#@!listed.

9. Likes Aquanox likes this post
    Administrator
    Frankly, the time they took to make a puppy puddle on the stage could have been put to much better use by someone who is actually working hard to bring us an exclusive game.

I may be alone on this, but they don't just disrespect the gamer when they do this kind of thing, they really disrespect the whole industry when they act like they can hang a game from the nineties over everyone's head as an infinite badge of legitimacy. If they don't start walking the walk soon, they should be $#@!listed.
    The last game I enjoyed from Square-Enix was the Final Fantasy III remake on the iPhone. =\

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome

Yep FF VII was a good game for PS1. It will be a completely new game if they remade it anyway. It's over with. Move on. You will only be disappointed the more you concern yourself with it. I will gladly eat crow if I'm wrong.

12. Likes Yuuichi likes this post
    Apprentice
    Though I would love for it to be FF Versus XIII
    I prefer it to be FFVII
    Oh, I'm sorry did I break your concentration I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue. - Jules

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCrow View Post
    Though I would love for it to be FF Versus XIII
    I prefer it to be FFVII
    Watch out, ps3freak just said he'd eat you.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Watch out, ps3freak just said he'd eat you.
    I wish i could rep you again.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I wish i could rep you again.
    It's the thought that counts.

Master Poster
    I blame myself for getting hyped at the possibility of versus being shown at the event.
    When the first SE rep came on and showed off agni's philosophy I face palmed. Why show off a tech demo from last years E3?! Atleast unreal engine had sonething extra to show aswell as being short.

Then the moment he said they have something else to announce and called ff brand director on stage I was getting hyped again. This was it! The perfect moment to show versus....

Instead what do we get?

The guy taking 5 minutes to say " we have an ff in development for ps4. See you at e3, lolz"

Wtf was the point of that?! Both SE reps served no purpose besides wasting time that would have been better spent on another developer.

This rage is coming from someone who has remained an SE fanboy throughout this gen despite their poor performance in comparison to past gens.
    Its taken me long enough but after last night I will not hold any excitement or expectations for SE again with how they behave.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    ^^^^

Basically it was pointless. On a show that was all about reveals, they were the ones to be tight lipped about a project and instead show us something we already saw. I thought their presence was completely unnecessary.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by darksora View Post
    I blame myself for getting hyped at the possibility of versus being shown at the event.
    When the first SE rep came on and showed off agni's philosophy I face palmed. Why show off a tech demo from last years E3?! Atleast unreal engine had sonething extra to show aswell as being short.

Then the moment he said they have something else to announce and called ff brand director on stage I was getting hyped again. This was it! The perfect moment to show versus....

Instead what do we get?

The guy taking 5 minutes to say " we have an ff in development for ps4. See you at e3, lolz"

Wtf was the point of that?! Both SE reps served no purpose besides wasting time that would have been better spent on another developer.

This rage is coming from someone who has remained an SE fanboy throughout this gen despite their poor performance in comparison to past gens.
    Its taken me long enough but after last night I will not hold any excitement or expectations for SE again with how they behave.
    Yep SE has been a bit of a laughing stock this gen imo. Promising things and never following up on them.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Yeah ^

It was all a bit embarassing from Square-Enix. Showing the Agnis Philosophy tech demo was expected but the way he worded eveyrthing was as though it was going to be something we hadnt seen before - I'm surprised the crowd even gave a respectful applause at the end, lol. I honestly don't even let myself get hyped up by anything from them anymore. Thank god they have Eidos, I guess.

Having said all that I will be flipping my $#@! once we get more Versus info which is what I am assuming Hashimoto-san was so bluntly reminding us to be excited over for E3. Not hyped, just anticipating it's arrival

Veteran
    Square-Enix. The only other company that can match their fall from grace is Capcom.

Namco was following them but saw the disaster and pulled a bail out move.

I wish Sony would have canned SE and put Atlus in their place. I would have been livid if Atlus was there.
    Last edited by Kauldron; 02-22-2013 at 00:56.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    Square-Enix. The only other company that can match their fall from grace is Capcom.
    The difference is Capcom actually came to the presentation with something to show for it. Something that is actually going to be a game. Whether or not it delivers what it showed, that's TBD.

Ultimate Veteran
    I imagine if Sony had Atlus or Level 5 in place of SE, we'd all be high-fiving each other even if they showed us 20 seconds of a PS4 game.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    This PS4 game better be exclusive at least if you're going to announce a guy who announces a guy who announces an announcement.

25. Likes shepard, Lefein likes this post
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    This PS4 game better be exclusive at least if you're going to announce a guy who announces a guy who announces an announcement.
    When you put it that way i guess i should be excited.

Forum Sage
    I hate "target renders" ... many bad memories come to my mind.

Square Enix's must have been the lowest presentation after Blizzard's... yes the Demo looked great but it was just that, a "target" of what they aim to achieve...

If (or more likely when) their game don't look as good, people will waste more time talking about the differences instead of the game itself.

Anyway... on the birght side, RPGs should be one of the genres that will get the most benefit from the massive increse of RAM in the console and Square knows how to push a hardware.
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    The cycle will continue at E3 when they announce someone else to announce an announcement for TGS.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Thread Information