Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    This PS4 game better be exclusive at least if you're going to announce a guy who announces a guy who announces an announcement.
    No, it won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    You're grasping at straws here. They mention Final Fantasy VII because it was a system seller for the original PlayStation. When they showed the Final Fantasy VII tech demo for the PS3 many years ago, they said immediately after that they had no plans to develop a remake.
    I know it's straws. I'm not out of touch on that one and I actually see exactly were you and Lefein are coming from. I haven't been playing as many Square titles the last several years as I used to because the quality is down. The best possible releases that could be made are either postponed for years on end or outright denied although it's obvious that it has to happen at some point. When I was watching this I heard only the FF7 title. They could have mentioned a whole host of games and history but instead only mentioned their start with 7 as their entire point, so I had it in my head during the whole presentation. They reused an old demo and were obviously building up to something and then..... "be very excited for E3". It was weird. Their whole bit was $#@!ed really. The first guy was even dressed up like some flashy douchebag you'd see in a club! No substance at all.

Yes, SE is a really bad company to hope for but still I do hope that something happens. Even if it isn't 7 I'd like to see something good and concrete for once.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The cycle will continue at E3 when they announce someone else to announce an announcement for TGS.
    Mind blown.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_1991 View Post
    I know it's straws. I'm not out of touch on that one and I actually see exactly were you and Lefein are coming from. I haven't been playing as many Square titles the last several years as I used to because the quality is down. The best possible releases that could be made are either postponed for years on end or outright denied although it's obvious that it has to happen at some point. When I was watching this I heard only the FF7 title. They could have mentioned a whole host of games and history but instead only mentioned their start with 7 as their entire point, so I had it in my head during the whole presentation. They reused an old demo and were obviously building up to something and then..... "be very excited for E3". It was weird. Their whole bit was $#@!ed really. The first guy was even dressed up like some flashy douchebag you'd see in a club! No substance at all.

Yes, SE is a really bad company to hope for but still I do hope that something happens. Even if it isn't 7 I'd like to see something good and concrete for once.
    An Eidos game is really the only thing worth coming from any SE published game.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    xSoloWing--
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    When you put it that way i guess i should be excited.
    Bring it.
    Oh, I'm sorry did I break your concentration I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue. - Jules

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_1991 View Post

Honestly, if the game they're teasing for E3 isn't a numbered Final Fantasy title like Final Fantasy XV (preferably directed by Hiroyuki Ito), they can go $#@! themselves. Even if they release new info on Versus XIII along with a release date, I don't care. It's ridiculous that we've been waiting an entire generation. =P
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-22-2013 at 01:29.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Even if they release new info on Versus XIII along with a release date, I don't care. It's ridiculous that we've been waiting an entire generation. =P
    Woah woah woah. C'mon now. Let's not get crazy.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Bs has finally lost his sh!T

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    Square-Enix. The only other company that can match their fall from grace is Capcom.
    Yet both companies continue to sell millions of thier of games. Guess the "fall from grace" is just people complaining while buying thier products. Its like that guy in Walmart that tells you how much he hates Walmart yet is shopping there.

Not saying your wrong, but in the end the complaints are just hot air because thier games sell.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Ultimate Veteran
    Would it kill them to just apologize for the bad presentation and then give us ten seconds of whatever the $#@! they are working on? Something?

Do they not realize that they are literally coming across as just clueless assholes? They're acting like that cute girl in school who'd tease you so you would help her study math and $#@!. Like said girl, it's almost like you have to threaten to ruin her reputation before she'll give you ass... and it won't even be good. She's just all talk and her bra is stuffed in the end.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Meh I ex-communicated & took Square BS ENIX off my xmas card list a long time ago, they have been a bad Joke this Gen especially with that Abomination that calls itself Final Fantasy XIII or XIII-2 .Seeing Shiva turn into a god damn motorcycle was the last straw!!!

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Yet both companies continue to sell millions of thier of games. Guess the "fall from grace" is just people complaining while buying thier products. Its like that guy in Walmart that tells you how much he hates Walmart yet is shopping there.

Not saying your wrong, but in the end the complaints are just hot air because thier games sell.
    But are their games selling like they used to? There's a difference.

Creating a decade-long saga of games (e.g. Fabula Nova Crystallis) is them getting ahead of themselves, if you ask me.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post

Actually it is a little more than complaining.

I don't think I've bought a Square-Enix game this gen. Have you seen or paid attention to their financials? Not so rosy would be a gross understatement.

Capcom's latest bomb was DmC, however they have been doing better financially than SE.

Describing these companies position last gen and this gen fits fall from grace pretty perfectly.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Would it kill them to just apologize for the bad presentation and then give us ten seconds of whatever the $#@! they are working on? Something?

Do they not realize that they are literally coming across as just clueless assholes? They're acting like that cute girl in school who'd tease you so you would help her study math and $#@!. Like said girl, it's almost like you have to threaten to ruin her reputation before she'll give you ass... and it won't even be good. She's just all talk and her bra is stuffed in the end.
    Lol. I didn't think anyone would go there. But pretty good assessment.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Apprentice
    I think remakes are lame and it's because I've already played that game. I honestly have no interest in playing a remake when I beat the original.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    I think remakes are lame and it's because I've already played that game. I honestly have no interest in playing a remake when I beat the original.
    I like remakes but when you hear about the same damn game from the beginning of the PS3 to now. Starts to get kind of old. Six years has it been? Lol I will say though. It's not the fans fault. I understand the want for it. It's all SE's fault for throwing that bombshell in know they weren't going to make it.

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    No company frustrates me more than this one.

They $#@! the bed this gen,and their presentation was empty fluff with no substance. $#@! this company.
    Last edited by RedOrb_Collector; 02-22-2013 at 04:47.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    Actually it is a little more than complaining.

I don't think I've bought a Square-Enix game this gen. Have you seen or paid attention to their financials? Not so rosy would be a gross understatement.

Capcom's latest bomb was DmC, however they have been doing better financially than SE.

Describing these companies position last gen and this gen fits fall from grace pretty perfectly.
    I purchased ONE... It was FFXIII, I passed on the rest after playing that crapfest.

I'm expecting the E3 announcement to be FFXIV ported to PS4. With the PS4 "enhanced" PC architecture, I wouldn't put it passed them to just port over and milk as many people as they can.. Be very excited for FREE TO PLAY!!!

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Super Happy Fun time yay!

Prease be excitedu!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post

They $#@! the bed this gen,and their presentation was empty fluffy with no substance. $#@! this company.
    Yeah Capcom and Se were the biggest falls this gen. But at least Capcom came out and tried to get on the right foot. SE tripped over theirs.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    ShadowKingpin
    Items User name style

They $#@! the bed this gen,and their presentation was empty fluffy with no substance. $#@! this company.
    I don't know who I hate more, Square-Enix for the abomination you call "Final Fantasy XIII" and the absolute raping of the franchise, or Capcom for being scumbags with on-disc DLC and destroying the Resident Evil franchise (Along with Mega Man)?

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Super Happy Fun time yay!

Prease be excitedu!
    It has to be BIG... Why else would SONY invite, not one, but 2 S-E cheesy heads only to show old tech demo and announce a announcement? Nah, it won't be.

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    It has to be BIG... Why else would SONY invite, not one, but 2 S-E cheesy heads only to show old tech demo and announce a announcement? Nah, it won't be.
    It must be some kind of strange Japanese business custom. :/

Allow me to announce the esteemed announcer for a very esteemed announcement of an announcement soon. Prease be excited.

23. Likes snooper71 likes this post
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    It must be some kind of strange Japanese business custom. :/

Allow me to announce the esteemed announcer for a very esteemed announcement of an announcement soon. Prease be excited.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

25. Likes RedOrb_Collector , Kauldron likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Exactly. I'm so tired of the cycle of annoucing an announcement, followed by another announcement pushing back the next announcement, followed by a reveal, months pass with nothing, that turns into years, followed by an half-hearted announcement to tell us there will be an announcement, etc etc.

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I cannot see anything?

Thread Information