Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    thanks friend , i will check it out

Now that the game is in demo mode for all to see at PAX and other up and coming Game Shows... This might mean that they will release a DEMO first and then the game

It sure will be awesome... But since i have got up to date with the so called competition between the both games...

They could not be so far apart, one is heavy on the tech and personal thrive to protect his family, were is the other is three guys in entirely different stage of their lives and this is the difference

The stories, plus the setting and what each has going for it... So their is no direct competition between either
    I totally agree, I was saying that for people who are saying that this game will blow away GTAV. It won't.

Forum Sage

Honestly, I believe Watch Dogs has more going for it than GTAV. I like the seriousness of what Watch Dogs brings instead of the same old tired "gangsta-licious" plot that GTA brings with each iteration. As a grown up gamer, I'm far more enthusiastic about a deeper, richer experience and to be frank, GTA just doesn't cut it anymore. Don't get me wrong, GTA brought A LOT to the table in regards to gameplay mechanics, style and sheer volume of content and it shouldn't be downplayed on these grounds. But what GTA lacks is a deeper, richer experience in regards to story. This is where I think (and hope) Watch Dogs will trump it. Ultimately though, we don't know what the finished result will be with either title so we need to wait and see. I'm just basing my current opinion on what I've seen thus far.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    the competition is clearly not their and the difference is so in front of peoples eyes
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Honestly, I believe Watch Dogs has more going for it than GTAV. I like the seriousness of what Watch Dogs brings instead of the same old tired "gangsta-licious" plot that GTA brings with each iteration. As a grown up gamer, I'm far more enthusiastic about a deeper, richer experience and to be frank, GTA just doesn't cut it anymore. Don't get me wrong, GTA brought A LOT to the table in regards to gameplay mechanics, style and sheer volume of content and it shouldn't be downplayed on these grounds. But what GTA lacks is a deeper, richer experience in regards to story. This is where I think (and hope) Watch Dogs will trump it. Ultimately though, we don't know what the finished result will be with either title so we need to wait and see. I'm just basing my current opinion on what I've seen thus far.
    I'm just not feeling the storyline.

I feel more excited about GTAV just because I know it will be trying to break some boundary of gaming and if not, at least we'll get a plethora of features and minigames. I always like the little things they put in their games.

And the game doesn't take itself serious, funnily that's why I'd want to play it...it's goofy and funny.

I'm all for serious plots but they have to engage me.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    It's what you like really when comes down to it... I am getting both

I love the whole tech thing and i love the three guys in a bar thing GTA V has going on...But i am a loyal GTA follower and it can not be a sin to want something refreshing in the free roaming genre and that is were WATCH DOGS comes in
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Extreme Poster
    It's what you like really when comes down to it... I am getting both

I love the whole tech thing and i love the three guys in a bar thing GTA V has going on...But i am a loyal GTA follower and it can not be a sin to want something refreshing in the free roaming genre and that is were WATCH DOGS comes in
    Problem is, every time someone tries to bring something refreshing to the sandbox genre, they always end up failing. Rockstar has the right formula.

I'm not saying my opinion is fact, I'm sure some people would love the heck out of this game, I just don't think it will compare in features...I know I'm saying that without knowing much about this game, I'm just that confident and seeing how well Rockstar has done historically...they've done some amazing $#@! in the past. I have no doubt they will blow us away with the amount of things you can do in the game.

Overall, I agree that these games shouldn't be compared because they're so different.

Apprentice

Both look very interesting to me ultimately. I can't see myself leaving either on the shelf.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Problem is, every time someone tries to bring something refreshing to the sandbox genre, they always end up failing. Rockstar has the right formula.

I'm not saying my opinion is fact, I'm sure some people would love the heck out of this game, I just don't think it will compare in features...I know I'm saying that without knowing much about this game, I'm just that confident and seeing how well Rockstar has done historically...they've done some amazing $#@! in the past. I have no doubt they will blow us away with the amount of things you can do in the game.

Overall, I agree that these games shouldn't be compared because they're so different.
    I agree... But i feel we need new and this from Ubisoft is what we been waiting form in the free roaming genre...

It is a challenge to stand up against the guys that set the bench marks each and every time... It is not in direct competition with GTA V

But it is in indirect competition instead and with the way i look at it, it will be even for a bit and then i feel that the so called competition will die away fairly quick and people will chose one or both

Time will tell

Extreme Poster
    Well, most games are pretty open-world nowadays, not just sandbox games...so the competition is plenty. I just don't think they will compete more than any other game competes with GTA anyway.

To me, GTA is in another league and always will be for me but that's an opinion.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    It is the pure Breed and the others are little puppies

They are just finding their feet and were is GTA can teach an old dog new tricks.... The end result is that both will be successful on their own and respective of are decides of which to chose and enjoy

The choice is totally up to us. One appeals or both. Just encourage both to succeed, because it is going to be a much watch this year and next
    Last edited by claud3; 04-01-2013 at 23:08.

Extreme Poster
    It is the pure Breed and the others are little puppies

They are just finding their feet and were is GTA can teach an old dog new tricks.... The end result is that both will be successful on their own and respective of are decides of which to chose and enjoy

The choice is totally up to us. One appeals or both. Just encourage both to succeed, because it is going to be a much watch this year and next
    Of course they will both be successful but I mean, let's not ignore the fact that GTA is another kind of success lol. I don't know if Watch Dogs will sell like ....20m+ or whatever GTA sells over all platforms.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I totally agree... GTA is a series and hopefully Watch Dogs will turn out an excellent series...

i want both and i will get them.... So i love the fact i have one a new GTA is coming out and now a brand new sandbox game is coming in watch dogs and i am for it

I did not expect this year to get any better and it just has

PSN ID
    RinoRichardCroft
    This along with AC:Black Flag, Infamous: Second Son and the new Final Fantasy are the like my most anticipated PS4 games. I really can't wait!

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by RinoTheBouncer View Post
    This along with AC:Black Flag, Infamous: Second Son and the new Final Fantasy are the like my most anticipated PS4 games. I really can't wait!
    Add Killzone to that and you have my axe!!...er...assault rifle!

Thread Information