Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Im super excited. The graphics on this thing are insane looking thus far, the physiscs that Sony has mastered are even better looking, and the amount of things going on on-screen is insane.

I like the new controller design. Looks like its more comfortable.

and you mean to tell me that i can stream my PS4 games onto my Vita? HELL YES! Im really curious to see how that works. Can i be in the middle of playing a game, go to a menu and transfer the video feed to my vita and take it into another room with little interruption? I really hope so.

Its going to be awesome!

Tacos Rule!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Submitted

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The show was awesome sony blew every body away thats how i see it

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    The show was awesome sony blew every body away thats how i see it
    Somebody has to say it, so it may as well be me....

The CPU is weak.

The RAM is more than I expected. Not sure what they are planning on doing with it all though. Still, 8GB should be more than enough for everything the system needs to do. Bandwidth is a bit limited though. There are mid-range PC GPUs on the market right now with more than 70Gbps more bandwidth than the PS3 has for the entire system.

GPU doesn't seem to be great. Good, but not great.

Not sure why Sony even mentioned the '2 teraflop' number since that was exactly the same number they spit out for the PS3. Are they saying that in 6+ years they've made no improvement on total processing power?

It's not a bad console at all. In fact it's pretty much what I expected. A move away from trying to make the most powerful system and towards making a cheap to produce system. I think the 8GB of RAM is a bit overkill, but the rest of the system is about equal to a mid range gaming PC right now. They'll be able to push it harder than a similar spec gaming PC because of optimization, but it's not going to match a current high end system that's already on store shelves.

Now it will be interesting to see what MS has.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    8gb=overkill
    4gb=meh
    sigh....

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    I want to see the PS4 and more details about the system hardware. That show wasn't much good as just meant more just teling that the PS4 is coming out.

The Jaguar CPU is an upgraded Bobcat CPU. Basically it's a custom version of AMD's tablet CPUs. Based on the TFLOP rating of the GPU it appears to be about equal to an HD 7850 GPU. So, it's an 8 core Tablet CPU coupled with an updated HD 7850.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    8gb=overkill
    4gb=meh
    sigh....
    Not sure if I would say 8GB is overkill quite yet, but current high end GPUs are only using about 3GB on the PC. Without the OS overhead that PCs require I doubt it will need 5GB for games anytime soon.

However, I will admit that 5-6 years from now that may not be enough. In this case I would rather they have a bit of overkill than just enough for now.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 02-21-2013 at 05:57.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I'm really happy with what the output of the console seemingly is. If SE aren't bullshitting and that was Agni's running on PS4 at parity of the GTX680 they showed at E3 last year then that can only be a good thing

and Killzone looked spectacular for a launch title

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    I did the survey. Was fun. :]

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    8gb=overkill
    4gb=meh
    sigh....
    You're upset because it has 8 GB? Is this the Twilight Zone?

More info on the PS4's "Jaguar" processor: http://www.techpowerup.com/180394/AM...Quad-Core.html
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I did the survey. Was fun. :] You're upset because it has 8 GB? Is this the Twilight Zone?
    He was referring to what Completely Average said.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    He was referring to what Completely Average said.
    Ah, okay. :]
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Somebody has to say it, so it may as well be me....

The CPU is weak.

The RAM is more than I expected. Not sure what they are planning on doing with it all though. Still, 8GB should be more than enough for everything the system needs to do. Bandwidth is a bit limited though. There are mid-range PC GPUs on the market right now with more than 70Gbps more bandwidth than the PS3 has for the entire system.

GPU doesn't seem to be great. Good, but not great.

Not sure why Sony even mentioned the '2 teraflop' number since that was exactly the same number they spit out for the PS3. Are they saying that in 6+ years they've made no improvement on total processing power?

It's not a bad console at all. In fact it's pretty much what I expected. A move away from trying to make the most powerful system and towards making a cheap to produce system. I think the 8GB of RAM is a bit overkill, but the rest of the system is about equal to a mid range gaming PC right now. They'll be able to push it harder than a similar spec gaming PC because of optimization, but it's not going to match a current high end system that's already on store shelves.

Now it will be interesting to see what MS has.
    Hell no. And no one is willing to pay 1500 for it either.

Most people dont care, dont have the time, or the know how to be a PC gamer. Its all about the masses and ease of use and that is what consoles are for. Pc might always stay ahead of the curve but they wont ever trump consoles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Some of the stuff looked phenomenal but this picture right here, well, it made me quite sad

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by baho View Post
    Some of the stuff looked phenomenal but this picture right here, well, it made me quite sad

That's not even a PS4 demo, it's an Unreal Engine 4 demo and I've seen that video ages ago. I don't know why they even showed it.

Ancient
    Controller looked sexy, social stuff was kinda mind blowing, BC.....no comment
    Games, I can pretty much confirm I'll be preordering most of them
    They looked fantastic but I still need to see them in better quality( IGN went blocky as $#@! during the games)
    Not sure how MS will match the social stuff and features as its built around Gaikai technology
    But I'm sure they have their own stuff like it

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Did your survey.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Apprentice
    Sony did a fantastic job showing off what the PS4 is, talking about it's features and more. This console is going to be excellent in so many ways. I am overly hyped about the PS4. When Watch Dogs was showed and I assume that was PS4 running that part of the gameplay, it looked absolutely stunning. I'm amazed and excited.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    That's not even a PS4 demo, it's an Unreal Engine 4 demo and I've seen that video ages ago. I don't know why they even showed it.
    Probably proof that, Unreal Engine 4 will support the Playstation 4.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Mostly impressed and excited after the "meeting".

The messiah is back?

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

El Presidente
    Survey done!

I dunno how I feel about this PS4. The controller looks bulky to me and there is no start button so I'm wondering how you pause the game? There's an options button?

The share thing? K....whatever don't care lol. If I'm playing a game I don't want to share what I'm doing and get chat updates with people as I play or however they said that works. I don't like the social aspect of it, its too....Facebook-y. Constant updates and commenting on things, people put that dumbest status updates on Facebook and I'm afraid that garbage will translate over to this share thing.

This is a gaming console first and foremost to me so the social aspects I can do without. You have a lot to prove at E3 Sony to convince me to buy cause right now I'm not very impressed.
    Last edited by podsaurus; 02-21-2013 at 15:05.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    Probably proof that, Unreal Engine 4 will support the Playstation 4.
    Not to mention an Unreal Engine 4 demo that was probably first show running on a PC, which was obviously (and easily) ported to the PS4!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Superior Member
    Items YunaPlayStation
    submitted
    I must say I won't play most of the big games (I suck at FPS and racers), but I hope some companies will make good use of the power the gamers will use, like in LBP and the racing game ; letting the community come with creativity the others will enjoy is the best idea Sony ever had
    i also hope new game genres will emerge, so tired of the above genres

Well since the event I have sold my wiiu and earmarked the money for a ps4 pre order.I felt the show was that good that it might have an adverse affect on the wiiu value down the line.I definitely got the "next gen" feeling that the wiiu has so far been missing

*completed survey*
    Last edited by scotty79; 02-21-2013 at 15:54.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Did the survey...

I was pleased with everything I saw I understood sony not wanting to show all its cards at this time. Not mad about that at all but I'm excited since now I have a reason to get a Vita lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Did the survey...

I was pleased with everything I saw I understood sony not wanting to show all its cards at this time. Not mad about that at all but I'm excited since now I have a reason to get a Vita lol
    I never had a reason to get a Vita up until this point! I will wait closer to the PS4 release in hopes they have the price dip down a little on it before I get it, hopefully the remote play is much improved from the PS3/PSP version!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    I was very impressed, they were able to show a lot, while still keeping a lot back.

Thread Information