Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 99
  1. #51
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,972
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    72,660 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I was very impressed.


    +You can see Sony has a much clearer, more level-headed vision than they did with the PS3, where they were a bit delusional. The hardware, controller, and features just seem to make sense in today's climate.

    +Hardly any time was spent talking about the PS3 or Vita. They focused on the PS4 and gave us a good rundown of its core features.

    +Most importantly, they showed us plenty of games, which is what matters most to core gamers. The launch already looks very solid with Killzone and inFamous confirmed as launch titles.

    +Pretty much all of the new features seem very useful and aren't silly gimmicks pandering to casuals. Both core gamers and casual gamers will be interested for the most part.

    +That Ono guy's Engrish made me smile.


    -Square Enix

  2. Likes Ghost likes this post
  3. #52
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,976
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    155,775 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I was very impressed.


    +You can see Sony has a much clearer, more level-headed vision than they did with the PS3, where they were a bit delusional. The hardware, controller, and features just seem to make sense in today's climate.

    +Hardly any time was spent talking about the PS3 or Vita. They focused on the PS4 and gave us a good rundown of its core features.

    +Most importantly, they showed us plenty of games, which is what matters most to core gamers. The launch already looks very solid with Killzone and inFamous confirmed as launch titles.

    +Pretty much all of the new features seem very useful and aren't silly gimmicks pandering to casuals. Both core gamers and casual gamers will be interested for the most part.

    +That Ono guy's Engrish made me smile.


    -Square Enix
    I think the PS3 has humbled Sony, and I completely agree with them being much more level headed this time around!

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  4. #53
    Apprentice
    Coconut_Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    4,727 (0 Banked)
    Yea, SE didn't do to well and I'm surprise no one boo'd at them.hahaha I will say that I see much more diversity in the PS4 launch games which I assume they will be released at the launch of the PS4. I see more diversity, we have....

    A shooter (killzone)
    action (infamous)
    Racer (drive club)
    Sandbox (Watch Dogs)
    puzzle (the witness)
    Some game that uses The move by MM
    Another game made by the guy that designed the PS4.
    Capcom showing off something with dragons in it.

    plus more.

    There are a good bunch of different games here.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

    http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

  5. #54
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,972
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    72,660 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sony needs to make sure this guy speaks at every event...


  6. #55
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,423
    Rep Power
    782
    Points
    11,009,420 (18,076 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    Yea, SE didn't do to well and I'm surprise no one boo'd at them.hahaha I will say that I see much more diversity in the PS4 launch games which I assume they will be released at the launch of the PS4. I see more diversity, we have....

    A shooter (killzone)
    action (infamous)
    Racer (drive club)
    Sandbox (Watch Dogs)
    puzzle (the witness)
    Some game that uses The move by MM
    Another game made by the guy that designed the PS4.
    Capcom showing off something with dragons in it.

    plus more.

    There are a good bunch of different games here.
    They didn't boo S-E, but there really wasn't much applause either.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Sony needs to make sure this guy speaks at every event...

    lol


  7. #56
    Apprentice
    Coconut_Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    4,727 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    They didn't boo S-E, but there really wasn't much applause either.

    That's why I said that I'm surprised no one boo'd at them. hehe



    lol
    I said I'm surprised SE didn't get boo'd.
    Last edited by Coconut_Crunch; 02-21-2013 at 18:31.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

    http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

  8. #57
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,976
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    155,775 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    Yea, SE didn't do to well and I'm surprise no one boo'd at them.hahaha I will say that I see much more diversity in the PS4 launch games which I assume they will be released at the launch of the PS4. I see more diversity, we have....

    A shooter (killzone)
    action (infamous)
    Racer (drive club)
    Sandbox (Watch Dogs)
    puzzle (the witness)
    Some game that uses The move by MM
    Another game made by the guy that designed the PS4.
    Capcom showing off something with dragons in it.

    plus more.

    There are a good bunch of different games here.
    At least John Romero didn't jump up on stage!

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  9. #58
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,673
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I was very impressed.


    +You can see Sony has a much clearer, more level-headed vision than they did with the PS3, where they were a bit delusional. The hardware, controller, and features just seem to make sense in today's climate.

    +Hardly any time was spent talking about the PS3 or Vita. They focused on the PS4 and gave us a good rundown of its core features.

    +Most importantly, they showed us plenty of games, which is what matters most to core gamers. The launch already looks very solid with Killzone and inFamous confirmed as launch titles.

    +Pretty much all of the new features seem very useful and aren't silly gimmicks pandering to casuals. Both core gamers and casual gamers will be interested for the most part.

    +That Ono guy's Engrish made me smile.


    -Square Enix
    I agree with all of this

    And with further news coming out that Sony is not blocking used games and is not requiring the console to be always connected I think everything about the console is a positive so far. The rumoured specs have been bettered.

    Now they've got this stuff out the way, in as much detail as they wanted to (or a few too many words lol) - E3 can focus on more of the games, and of course, the box it comes in as well

    I maintain that we will see the negative side of PS4 soon though. I remember PSV seemed like the best thing sinced slice bread after it was unveiled. Then we learned about the overpriced proprietery memory cards, no video out - etc

    But like you said there seems to be a real focus with this console. Dude from Atari and wherever else that headed the PS4 said since 2008 they've been brainstorming ideas about this. I found that crazy

    The consistent reminder to the audience that the console has been designed with developers in mind, and to make it as easy as possible to work with is a clear acknowledgement that their philosophy behind the PS3 was not the right one
    Last edited by Nitey; 02-21-2013 at 18:52.

  10. #59
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,423
    Rep Power
    782
    Points
    11,009,420 (18,076 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    I said I'm surprised SE didn't get boo'd.
    I know.


  11. #60
    Master Poster
    RedOrb_Collector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,072
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    15,575 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Just looked at Knack, I didn't rate it highly in the survey as I did not know what it was--I think I gave it a 5 to say 'don't know', but I definitely say a 9 out of 10 for it in excitement. I love mascot platformers.

  12. #61
    Newbie
    sosovoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    339 (0 Banked)
    Overall it was great. Sony flexed its muscle a little. The specs are decent, they got love for devs and now its pushing cloud gaming (we all knew this). So far Sony is taking the right steps after the mistakes of PS3. They gave just enough detail to keep people wanting more.

    The show was getting better and better the build up was great as each preview seemed to top off the last. Then SE came out and killed the momentum. Not once but twice. I was happy to see them off the stage quickly to say the least.

    The controller looks comfortable and a nice evolution from the original design. All in all I'm excited for what Sony has been working on all this time. Can't wait to get my pre-order!

  13. #62
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    168
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I was very impressed. +You can see Sony has a much clearer, more level-headed vision than they did with the PS3, where they were a bit delusional. The hardware, controller, and features just seem to make sense in today's climate. +Hardly any time was spent talking about the PS3 or Vita. They focused on the PS4 and gave us a good rundown of its core features. +Most importantly, they showed us plenty of games, which is what matters most to core gamers. The launch already looks very solid with Killzone and inFamous confirmed as launch titles. +Pretty much all of the new features seem very useful and aren't silly gimmicks pandering to casuals. Both core gamers and casual gamers will be interested for the most part. +That Ono guy's Engrish made me smile. -Square Enix
    I agree. Sony has really learned from their mistakes this gen.

  14. #63
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    144
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    2,857 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    Probably proof that, Unreal Engine 4 will support the Playstation 4.
    Yeah but you see, problem is that the demo looked severely downgraded compared to the earlier demonstration. Which is weird as Epic said that what we saw back then was possible on a 1TF console and guess what? Sony has a 2TF(almost) GPU in there. Add the APU and i believe it passes the 2.5TF mark. Now the question comes, why the hell was it so badly downgraded?

  15. #64
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,423
    Rep Power
    782
    Points
    11,009,420 (18,076 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by baho View Post
    Yeah but you see, problem is that the demo looked severely downgraded compared to the earlier demonstration. Which is weird as Epic said that what we saw back then was possible on a 1TF console and guess what? Sony has a 2TF(almost) GPU in there. Add the APU and i believe it passes the 2.5TF mark. Now the question comes, why the hell was it so badly downgraded?
    It looked exactly the same to me. I've watched that video a hundred times. I wasn't particularly impressed that they showed the same crap again.


  16. #65
    Apprentice
    Coconut_Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    4,727 (0 Banked)
    After the PS4 revealing and the games I was like....

    JoJo the idiot circus boy....

    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

    http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

  17. Likes PS4freak , MonkeyClaw likes this post
  18. #66
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,423
    Rep Power
    782
    Points
    11,009,420 (18,076 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    After the PS4 revealing and the games I was like....

    JoJo the idiot circus boy....

    Where'd you find that gif of me?


  19. #67
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    144
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    2,857 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    It looked exactly the same to me. I've watched that video a hundred times. I wasn't particularly impressed that they showed the same crap again.




    Severely downgraded textures, noticeably less particles, downgraded lighting/smoke and most importantly: the shiny plastic look is back! Which it wasn't present in the earlier demonstration.

  20. #68
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,423
    Rep Power
    782
    Points
    11,009,420 (18,076 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Ew. I see your point. I blame the team responsible for this demo and not the PS4. There's no excuse for shiny plastic rocks. Lazy ass demo.


  21. #69
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,976
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    155,775 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Ew. I see your point. I blame the team responsible for this demo and not the PS4. There's no excuse for shiny plastic rocks. Lazy ass demo.
    It may have been a quick port from the PC demo, but who knows!

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  22. #70
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,423
    Rep Power
    782
    Points
    11,009,420 (18,076 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    It may have been a quick port from the PC demo, but who knows!
    I sure hope so. Shiny plastic rocks are unforgivable.


  23. #71
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,974
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    6,813,819 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    I agree with all of this

    And with further news coming out that Sony is not blocking used games and is not requiring the console to be always connected I think everything about the console is a positive so far. The rumoured specs have been bettered.

    Now they've got this stuff out the way, in as much detail as they wanted to (or a few too many words lol) - E3 can focus on more of the games, and of course, the box it comes in as well

    I maintain that we will see the negative side of PS4 soon though. I remember PSV seemed like the best thing sinced slice bread after it was unveiled. Then we learned about the overpriced proprietery memory cards, no video out - etc

    But like you said there seems to be a real focus with this console. Dude from Atari and wherever else that headed the PS4 said since 2008 they've been brainstorming ideas about this. I found that crazy

    The consistent reminder to the audience that the console has been designed with developers in mind, and to make it as easy as possible to work with is a clear acknowledgement that their philosophy behind the PS3 was not the right one
    PS4 will require proprietary HDDs. The 4GB HDD will cost €50.

  24. #72
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    12,423
    Rep Power
    782
    Points
    11,009,420 (18,076 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    PS4 will require proprietary HDDs. The 4GB HDD will cost €50.
    That would be very obnoxious, but highly unlikely. I would kick everyone at Sony Corp in the balls.


  25. #73
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,976
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    155,775 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    PS4 will require proprietary HDDs. The 4GB HDD will cost €50.
    Noooooo! That would be horrible if they did that, but I know they won't! I am wondering what Sony considers a 'massive' hard drive though...

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  26. #74
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    144
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    2,857 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by baho View Post
    .
    .pics
    .

    Severely downgraded textures, noticeably less particles, downgraded lighting/smoke and most importantly: the shiny plastic look is back! Which it wasn't present in the earlier demonstration.
    Here is another, better comparison:


    Sorry to insist with this, but this is the one thing that upset me the most from all the show. In motion it looked acceptable, but looking at screens it really looks bad. The PC demo ran on a pc with a 680, the card is ~20% better than the one in the PS4. But PS4 is a closed system, they should have been able to port it with no downgrades. Is this a sign of a rushed job? Or the PS4 GPU is so much weaker than a 680?

  27. #75
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,673
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Welp I'm hoping it's a sign of a rush job, if not then bleep ; (

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.