Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast

Thread: PS4 full specs

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    What is the point of this? Make a new thread.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    What is the point of this? Make a new thread.
    Why, this is relevant to the software side of the PS4.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Why, this is relevant to the software side of the PS4.
    We've known since yesterday the PS4 does not natively support PS3 software.

Go find better ugly news. Don't paste links in a thread without quotes at least. Lolz

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    That same thing can also be said for 3rd party developers too.
    Yes, exactly. This will give everyone... big and small companies alike... a chance to shine.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    Drives me up the wall that people keep comparing consoles to PC's, look at the PS3, go put a processor close to in specs, along with 512MB of RAM and a GeForce 7800 GTX card into a PC case and show me a game that looks like Uncharted or Killzone running on it smoothly...
    Yep, very true. And if they can do that with 512 and a 7800 on PS3 imagine 8GB of DDR5 and an upgraded GPU and CPU on PS4.

Forum Sage
    We've known since yesterday the PS4 does not natively support PS3 software.

Go find better ugly news. Don't paste links in a thread without quotes at least. Lolz
    That is reality good or bad.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yep, very true. And if they can do that with 512 and a 7800 on PS3 imagine 8GB of DDR5 and an upgraded GPU and CPU on PS4.
    It will be a wonderful sight!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    The PlayStation 4 supports
    4K resolution output, Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida just told us – but only for video that was recorded in the format. He clarified that games do not play in 4K.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7QhUL8NUK4

Looks like I'll be saving up big time

This should also echo what the hardware is capable of. And yes 4k games on the PS5

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7QhUL8NUK4

Looks like I'll be saving up big time

This should also echo what the hardware is capable of. And yes 4k games on the PS5
    By the time PS5 comes out, I will be old as $#@!.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    By the time PS5 comes out, I will be old as $#@!.
    I don't want to hear it! I will be over the hill!

Administrator
    I don't want to hear it! I will be over the hill!
    I'll be almost as old as you! Almost! I say almost because I don't think anyone can be as old as you.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim

Thats too bad. I'm frozen in time.

I am concerned however, even though the Devs got the ram they've been lobbying for I still can't help but feel they will be pissed later in the gen when they cant wave their magic wands and squeeze any more out of the CPU

Veteran

i assume trophies will transfer over however?

Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post

Thats too bad. I'm frozen in time.

I am concerned however, even though the Devs got the ram they've been lobbying for I still can't help but feel they will be pissed later in the gen when they cant wave their magic wands and squeeze any more out of the CPU
    Time will tell 8 cores is no joke

Dedicated Member

Drives me up the wall that people keep comparing consoles to PC's, look at the PS3, go put a processor close to in specs, along with 512MB of RAM and a GeForce 7800 GTX card into a PC case and show me a game that looks like Uncharted or Killzone running on it smoothly...
    Take your PS3, replace Cell with an off the shelf PC CPU, replace the XDR with GDDR3, and see if it will run Killzone or Uncharted running smoothly.

The PS4 uses PC parts, not some custom CPU that isn't found in any other computer and not some fancy RAM that isn't found in any other computer. It uses an off the shelf AMD Jaguar CPU, off the shelf GDDR5 RAM, and what will likely be a near-off the shelf GPU. There is NOTHING special about it, for all intents and purposes it is a PC.

Or, to use Sony's own words against them.

The PS3 has 2 Teraflops of processing power
    The PS4 has 2 Teraflops of processing power

Quote Originally Posted by sosovoo View Post
    8 cores is a useless buzzword.

Jaguar is designed for TABLETS. It is meant for systems like a Samsung Galaxy Tablet. And it's only running at 1.6ghz.

It's no where near standard PC CPUs in performance and capabilities. It's designed to be small, energy efficient, heat efficient, and cheap, NOT powerful.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 02-21-2013 at 19:04.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by sosovoo View Post
    But 16 cores is better
    Shoulda gone with this

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6508/t...finally-tested

Omega future proofing at its best

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Take your PS3, replace Cell with an off the shelf PC CPU, replace the XDR with GDDR3, and see if it will run Killzone or Uncharted running smoothly.

The PS4 uses PC parts, not some custom CPU that isn't found in any other computer and not some fancy RAM that isn't found in any other computer. It uses an off the shelf AMD Jaguar CPU, off the shelf GDDR5 RAM, and what will likely be a near-off the shelf GPU. There is NOTHING special about it, for all intents and purposes it is a PC.

So, what´s your point? That the ps3 is more special then these next gen consoles ?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    We've known since yesterday the PS4 does not natively support PS3 software. Go find better ugly news. Don't paste links in a thread without quotes at least. Lolz
    lol +rep It looks like I'm going to have to start using my ignore function for certain posters. lol

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    And so it begins.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    lol +rep It looks like I'm going to have to start using my ignore function for certain posters. lol
    I wish the ignore function would hide posts... instead of just displaying it as "ignored" with the option to click and see the post. I don't want to click and see the post, that's why they're ignored. -_-

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post

8 cores is a useless buzzword.

Jaguar is designed for TABLETS. It is meant for systems like a Samsung Galaxy Tablet. And it's only running at 1.6ghz.

It's no where near standard PC CPUs in performance and capabilities. It's designed to be small, energy efficient, heat efficient, and cheap, NOT powerful.
    While it is based on the x86 architecture, it is a custom APU that doesn't exist in the PC world (it is a special design based off of the Jaguar), and the memory is GDDR5 which which is unified, again not happening in the PC world, only video cards in the PC world get GDDR5 everything else your best option is DDR3 which is much much slower...so while it is the same architecture, the stuff inside consoles is more custom designed and optimized for gaming...

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I wish the ignore function would hide posts... instead of just displaying it as "ignored" with the option to click and see the post. I don't want to click and see the post, that's why they're ignored. -_-
    Yeah that would be good. I just added two people. lol But yeah it would be nice to not even see that they posted but at least I don't have to read anymore of their bs. lol

Administrator
    While it is based on the x86 architecture, it is a custom APU that doesn't exist in the PC world (it is a special design based off of the Jaguar), and the memory is GDDR5 which which is unified, again not happening in the PC world, only video cards in the PC world get GDDR5 everything else your best option is DDR3 which is much much slower...so while it is the same architecture, the stuff inside consoles is more custom designed and optimized for gaming...
    That and the RAM and processing aren't being allocated to running an operating system and all the programs in it on top of running the game.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by JVH View Post
    So, what´s your point? That the ps3 is more special then these next gen consoles ?
    That's one way of looking at it.

But my point was that unlike the PS3 you CAN draw direct comparisons between the PS4 hardware and PC hardware, because PS4 hardware IS PC hardware.

As I said on the first page of this thread.....

You just have to accept the fact that the PS4 is only about equal to a current mid-range gaming PC and optimization will only get you so far.

This is NOT a PS3. It's no where near as customized. It's all off the shelf parts, basically a really powerful tablet with a proper PC GPU.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    We've known since yesterday the PS4 does not natively support PS3 software. Go find better ugly news. Don't paste links in a thread without quotes at least. Lolz
    That "news" has been updated. http://n4g.com/news/1178429/sony-psn...our-game-saves

Thread Information