Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Oh yeah! Sony has revolutionised what it means to be part of a gaming community/network/having friends. The whole spectator thing blew my mind and is totally unique and awesome.
    Let's see if they have. First of all it needs to turn up and I'm calling it right now that these features will not be available at launch. That's the crux for me. They always talk of stuff that then takes forever to materialise by which point developers and gamers have gotten bored with the hype and never end up adopting it.

The spectator thing is already available with On-Live. Taking control - yup, I think that's new but I wonder just how often we'll all use it? I bet a ton of people will pop up selling their gaming expertise for your money (give me x dollars and I'll get you your platinum trophy). Anyway, a console will live and die by the games, not the cloud.

​aka Sparc

2. Likes MjW likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    The only think that i didnt like is that i need buy VIta, simply because i wanna use full potential of the system they develop.
    Waiting for price drop

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    To be honest I was a bit let down when Blizzard made the announcement. I was hoping for something greater. Other than that, the presentation was very well done. It's safe to say that it got almost everyone hyped for good reasons.

5. Likes GalapagosaraY likes this post
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    If you were let down you had hopes that went way past the moon and onto another solar system. Basically you hyped yourself up and was disappointed it didn't live up to your hype.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Apprentice
    I thought the news was quite amazing to be perfectly honest and I am very excited for the PS4. The features that were explained and the stuff that is integrated into the system is what I have wanted with the PS3. It seems like everything for the PS4 will be streamlined and integrated or at least it will be running great. The games that were showed off look stunning and I seen diversity in each game.
    Last edited by Coconut_Crunch; 02-21-2013 at 13:46.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    There's always one isn't there.

..someone got too drunk on the hype train and now he's hungover.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Let's see if they have. First of all it needs to turn up and I'm calling it right now that these features will not be available at launch. That's the crux for me. They always talk of stuff that then takes forever to materialise by which point developers and gamers have gotten bored with the hype and never end up adopting it.

The spectator thing is already available with On-Live. Taking control - yup, I think that's new but I wonder just how often we'll all use it? I bet a ton of people will pop up selling their gaming expertise for your money (give me x dollars and I'll get you your platinum trophy). Anyway, a console will live and die by the games, not the cloud.
    Of course a console will live and die by it's games and not the cloud but they were always going to show off what their multi million pound investment is capable of what plans they have for it. I agree with with the notion that they've had false promises in the past so we will just have to wait and see and you bet they will get pushed for answers regarding it at GDC, PAX, E3 etc so let's wait to see if it's ready. The way the gentleman worded it the part that is evidently not ready is being able to play PlayStation 1/2/3 games through the cloud but I'm thinking the sharing and demo streaming will be there. I don't think they spent too much time on that section - just enough.

I really hope this stuff is just built into the overhead of the OS so developers don't have to think too much about it and it's just there. Otherwise the features won't take off. But they dedicated a button to it on the controller and spent enough time on it that it makes me think they are pushing it hard, especially with the socially connected world of today it would be stupid not to. Throwing up 5 minutes of gameplay onto facebook or wherever is free advertising for the publisher at the end of the day

With regards to the games, it will be about E3. I don't know what people were expecting? I'm bummed they didn't show the console itself but let's be realistic. Had they shown that as well as more games then no one would have anything to look forward to come Sony's E3. I think they played their cards right. Sony Santa Monica, Polyphony Digital, Naughty Dog and perhaps even Team Ico - these guys will be saved for E3. Games galore

I'm not just saying this but using past Sony as a reference I honestly assumed the conference would have just been a reflection of the PlayStation business thus far and a celebration of it - a slow introduction to the new platform, "subject to change" images of the console and controller itself, as well as the UI. And a couple tech demos with a Guerilla Games finisher. The OP as well as some non-gaming news outlets don't seem too impressed with what Sony showed yesterday either though. What more could have been asked for for a console releasing in fall '13? *Puzzled*
    Last edited by Nitey; 02-21-2013 at 14:42.

10. Likes TidalPhoenix likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    It isn't backwards compatible... but with Gaikai they will eventually be able to stream all previous PlayStation titles via cloud gaming. They intend to do it online. I was confused too until I just looked it up again. They have huge plans with Gaikai.
    Now that I read more into it, you're right with them using Gaikai to play older games. The console itself won't be backwards compatible but the services will allow you to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    Now that I read more into it, you're right with them using Gaikai to play older games. The console itself won't be backwards compatible but the services will allow you to do so.
    Question is will you have to purchase the game again? That's lame if so but I don't see how else they could do it.

I'm glad my BC ps3 (emulation not HW) works on all my ps1 and 2 games I own.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I honestly don't care about BC, I still own all those games and consoles. If I really want to play them I'll just hook them up.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by sosovoo View Post
    Question is will you have to purchase the game again? That's lame if so but I don't see how else they could do it.

I'm glad my BC ps3 (emulation not HW) works on all my ps1 and 2 games I own.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Well the system hardware itself should be able to easily play PS1 and PS2 games. But whether they opt to not bother with this emulation solution and go all in with the cloud remains to be seen. I hope there is emulation for PS1 and PS2 though

The vibe I was getting was PS1/2/3 on any [smart] device, anywhere - is the long term goal. But PS4 will not play PS3 games natively so it falls under this streaming solution as well

One way it could work is to slide in your PS3 disc into the drive and if youre online it identifies the game and begins to stream it. $#@! buying games I already own again.

Forum Sage
    Other than rabid fans, I don't think many would think is was an outstanding show in terms of realization. It was really, really slow, there were some very boring moments like those videos endless videos interviewing people. There were also awkward moments that made me put my attention elsewhere.

Said this, I was pretty impressed by Killzone 4 (funny enough... I think this is the only KZ that comes really close to the infamous E3 2005 Killzone announcement) ... I also liked the Quantic Dream demo... the way they captured human expressions is fantastic. Watchdogs went from looking good to looking great in moments, I guess the game's isn't that polished yet and the fact it was running on a PC (not optimized for the PS4) must also have affected it. Btw... I was pretty excited when Blizzard stepped in... and discouraged when they announced only Diablo III...

I guess they're leaving the best for E3... they need some big stuff to counter Microsoft's announcement. Sony has the 1st party development power on their side... but I guess Microsoft will have more to say in terms of innovation, which could be for better or worse (take a look at WiiU) and anyway, that's part of another story.

All in all, pretty beefy console with solid games. Someone needs to take control of these shows inside Sony though and make them much more dynamic and fresh for the audience.
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    c'mon man not this BC bull$#@! again, ps3 somewhat had it and mostly no body used it (i didnt). for the ps4, i still have my ps3 and will still play it even after the ps4 comes out (there will always be a drought). i dont know why ppl want all this features but once the price is announced, they start $#@!ing about that too!

by the way, remote play will also work with your tablets and smart phones and whatever else that comes out around the end of the year....so yeah not only vita owners will get to enjoy it

the social aspects of this system is how a gaming social network should be! everything about this is what i've been wanting for a while now, so i am glad sony added them and even out did themselves with some more....and i am glad they killed offf playstation HOME! leave the avatars from MS and Nintendo

^^^like letting Usher perform just to kill time? no thank you
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 02-21-2013 at 16:00.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    c'mon man not this BC bull$#@! again, ps3 somewhat had it and mostly no body used it (i didnt). for the ps4, i still have my ps3 and will still play it even after the ps4 comes out (there will always be a drought). i dont know why ppl want all this features but once the price is announced, they start $#@!ing about that too!

by the way, remote play will also work with your tablets and smart phones and whatever else that comes out around the end of the year....so yeah not only vita owners will get to enjoy it

the social aspects of this system is how a gaming social network should be! everything about this is what i've been wanting for a while now, so i am glad sony added them and even out did themselves with some more....and i am glad they killed offf playstation HOME! leave the avatars from MS and Nintendo
    What are you on about, they never said they killed off playstation HOME. I will bet you anything Playstation HOME will still be on PS4 because it is a fact that it generates quite a bit of money for Sony. I don't see why this would bother you.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    What are you on about, they never said they killed off playstation HOME.
    i am hoping they did! but i know they are making money off of it on the ps3 so it'll most likely transition to the ps4 as well

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post

You had to go and remind me that not all pre-launch talk turns out in our homes.
    I still remember like yesterday the PS3/PSP rear view mirror from E3 2006. Oh man, that hurt my feelings.

Oh well, we shouldn't be surprised if there are things missing, we should instead be prepared for the features that will go missing.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    i am hoping they did! but i know they are making money off of it on the ps3 so it'll most likely transition to the ps4 as well
    why would you hope they kill it off, there are people that like going on that, you don't have to. It doesn't make sense why you want it killed off so bad. very weird.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    I also liked the Quantic Dream demo... the way they captured human expressions is fantastic.
    David Cage was going on about how many pixels he could render and yet all he could show was a floating head. They had a similar tech demo for the PS2. In this day and age, he should be showing us an actual game.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-21-2013 at 19:24.

22. Likes GalapagosaraY likes this post
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    David Cage was going on about how many pixels he could render and yet all he could show was a floating head. They had a similar tech demo for the PS2. In this day and age, he should be showing us an actual game.
    It was pretty underwhelming. The floating head was nice, but the things he had to say were pretty empty. I also laughed when he said... before we could use 20,000 polygons... and now today... 30,000 polygons. I think one person clapped in a confused manner. I was like wow... what a leap. lol
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

24. Likes GalapagosaraY likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    some weak bits in the conference's and boring bits and that i guess is expected
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    I'm not amazed about the polygon count and tech specs but the artistic approach of the demo.

We all know how dramatically the situation changes when you need to throw in A.I., backgrounds, lighting, and a long etc.
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    It became a drudge fest after CAPCOM left the stage. other than that Sony came out swingin'. They didn't beat around the bust to long before getting to the nitty gritty (amazingly) and they brought some actual game-play, an revealed that we've pretty much seen a few things running on the beast already. Yeah op is on something.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    I'm not amazed about the polygon count and tech specs but the artistic approach of the demo.

We all know how dramatically the situation changes when you need to throw in A.I., backgrounds, lighting, and a long etc.
    I'm not seeing the artistic approach in Quantic Dream's tech demo. If you're talking about the realism, it's nothing developers haven't tried attempting before.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-21-2013 at 20:01.

Apprentice
    Aquanox is back, Im getting nostalgic !

30. Likes Aquanox likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I was expecting a new game, not a port of their disappointing sequel. The announcer was pretty uninspiring as well.
    Blizzard are busy making two expansions for StarCraft 2, supporting WoW, and D3.
    Also going by how long it usually takes for them to make games, I would not expect them to make a new game for at least 3 more years.
    I know its a money grabbing sequel, but its better than nothing.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Thread Information