Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    Blizzard are busy making two expansions for StarCraft 2, supporting WoW, and D3.
    Also going by how long it usually takes for them to make games, I would not expect them to make a new game for at least 3 more years.
    I know its a money grabbing sequel, but its better than nothing.
    With the billions of dollars they are making a year, I think they could still spare room for a new game... but that's just me.

Diablo III is still a big disappointment.

2. Likes Aquanox likes this post
    Selected Members Council
    I was only really disappointed with Square Enix and Blizzard. The former because they had nothing new to show and Blizzard because a lot of the stuff I've been hearing about Diablo 3 was negative. I guess it's better to get it out of the way now so that E3 will be more interesting.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-21-2013 at 21:20.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo23 View Post
    I was very underwhelmed by the presentation today by some specific content and a lack thereof otherwise.

1. "Connectivity between devices." "Outside the living room." "Consumer-centric."
    What the hell is this, the Xbox? Few people have Vita's and the fact that they said they are "trying" to get developers and games to work with remote play means the idea will be dropped after the first year. Anyone remember what came before DualShock 3 and after DualShock 2? Let's not mention that name.

2. The dedicated Sony Social Network - What is this Facebook knock off garbage? No one gives a sh** what trophies you have dude. So Sony makes an entire social network for it? Buzz off.

3. Chris Metzen - OMG THE BLIZZARD GUY!! I was beyond excited, expecting Titan or some bada*s new excluse IP, right? Right? No, we get a year-old PC port of the most disappointed below-expectation game of the decade. The hell off the stage.

4. Game development - Rumors swirling around are that the next Xbox will be based on Windows NT, why didn't Sony address their foundation instead of having videos of random devs sobbing about how beautiful it is to develop on PS4? OpenGL is not good enough. Why were 3rd party game ALWAYS being ported over from 360 to PS3?!? Change the status quo.

5. AMD Jaguar - What the hell is an "Enhanced PC CPU"? Are we 4 years old dude? Drop the buzzwords, "Supercharged!" "Enhanced!" "Unified!". There was 2 minutes dedicated to the specifications. Furthermore, the AMD Jaguar is AMD's counter to Intel's Atom CPU, a laptop CPU. Explanation?

6. Backwards compatibility - Screw you.

7. PS Move - It was an absolute failure. When you go up before the audience and say that you now love it after a long time, it is incredibly cringe-worthy. But what do you do next? You announce some kind of Wii Sensor Bar, thanks, we really like PS Move right? No. But keep showing us videos of a group of suburbanite idiots pretending to be in a band by waving their hands like they belong in a Kinect commercial.

TL;DR: "Social aspects are one of the biggest things for PS4," the PS4 is doing it's best to copy everything wrong with the Xbox 360. It then goes on to copy the tablet function from the Wii U, pretending everyone owns a Vita.

Drop the social networking garbage, give us a better gaming console.

/rant
    social = $$$

it's all about what's hot today and that's social media and mobile devices. decisions are really made for business purposes. days of a simple game console is OVER.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeininja69 View Post
    social = $$$

it's all about what's hot today and that's social media and mobile devices. decisions are really made for business purposes. days of a simple game console is OVER.
    Yep, change or die.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    So you were looking for Sony to go backwards into the PS2 era? Consoles are not merely consoles anymore. They do more. They are trying to venture out and make a console that appeals to a more broadened area. But the focus is still clearly on the gaming aspect and not going into completely catering to the others who aren't big time gamers. The new additions are all about making gaming better not giving you a great Facebook. The social integration that they decided to focus on are for gaming. Streaming of games, connecting to others consoles. The console is pretty impressive for a console. It doesn't hold a candle to elite pc's but It will be less than half the price of those type of systems I can almost guarantee. If you want a bad ass gaming rig build a PC, console is not something you should be looking at if that is your desire.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Ultimate Veteran
    All that and not one mention of Square-Enix? Sorry, I'm not buying it. You come across as the kind of gamer that is impossible to please. So much so, you can't even see what is really bad for you are blinded by unrealistic expectations.

Forum Sage
    ^^ Lefein! I DO remember this guy haha
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

9. Likes Lefein likes this post
    Selected Members Council
    Can we just get back to talking about what was actually shown in the presentation?
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Cleaned up a handful of posts. As Blacksite said, lets get back on-topic please.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I was only really disappointed with Square Enix and Blizzard. The former because they had nothing new to show and Blizzard because a lot of the stuff I've been hearing about Diablo 3 was negative. I guess it's better to get it out of the way now so that E3 will be more interesting.

Diablo III was bad when it first released but they fixed a lot of things. The game right now is quite good in my opinion. The problem with Diablo III was that the patches came to late in the game for bugs, glitches, exploits, things not working properly, balance, and much much more.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Administrator
    We're arguing about PS2 graphics in a thread about PS4? Running out of logical things to argue about? Oh lawdy lawd... this is silly. At the very least, please go complain in the comparative sub-section.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    Diablo III was bad when it first released but they fixed a lot of things. The game right now is quite good in my opinion. The problem with Diablo III was that the patches came to late in the game for bugs, glitches, exploits, things not working properly, balance, and much much more.
    I may give it another go on PlayStation 4... I was just very disappointed... but I haven't played it since they addressed a lot of issues.

Edit: Yay, posts were cleaned!
    Last edited by Brandon; 02-21-2013 at 22:55.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    It didn't take me long to move on from D3. I don't think I will get it for PS4. I guess I will just have to see.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    It didn't take me long to move on from D3. I don't think I will get it for PS4. I guess I will just have to see.
    I certainly don't have high hopes.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post

Diablo III is still a big disappointment.
    Q4T !

They can keep their $#@!ing cash cow. Heck i donīt even want to know what deals Blizz have made with Sony so that the RMAH works on PSN. This game is only a wet dream for chinafarmers and business studies.

B2T: If u donīt like it, donīt buy it. Thatīs simple.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo23 View Post
    1. "Connectivity between devices." "Outside the living room." "Consumer-centric."
    What the hell is this, the Xbox? Few people have Vita's and the fact that they said they are "trying" to get developers and games to work with remote play means the idea will be dropped after the first year. Anyone remember what came before DualShock 3 and after DualShock 2? Let's not mention that name.
    I believe I interpreted this differently. They're trying to include the access to your info and ability to share it and access it off the console. That was part one.

One part 2 of this. I think this is a fair amount different from how remote play works (at least behind the scenes) from what it is today. It wouldn't be a limited to developer inclusion of remote play, but quite literally streaming the video/play to the PS Vita while your PS4 acts as the server - This is basically how Gaickiafalkoijfo (however the $#@! you spell it) does it now, but translated to PS4 is the server and PS Vita is the remote device.

2. The dedicated Sony Social Network - What is this Facebook knock off garbage? No one gives a sh** what trophies you have dude. So Sony makes an entire social network for it? Buzz off.
    I may be wrong here, but that's not what I heard. I heard the Sony is dedicated to Social Networking. They specifically referred to Facebook and Ustream as source to direct share your stuff with. This is not a dedicated Sony Social Network (i.e. Home) and I hope that is not the intent. Sony saw how the Xbox folks liked and used this a lot more. It's also a take it or leave it feature. I don't plan on doing all this sharing. And this isn't a bonus to me personally, but I'm 42 $#@!ing years old. That said my 10yr old son is making Video's of Mindcrap (yes, that was intentional) on stuff he built on his own, as tutorials to share. My favorite is a steering mechanism for a saddled up pig, used a carrot on a stick. Now he can use a pig as a vehicle.

3. Chris Metzen - OMG THE BLIZZARD GUY!! I was beyond excited, expecting Titan or some bada*s new excluse IP, right? Right? No, we get a year-old PC port of the most disappointed below-expectation game of the decade. The hell off the stage.
    Yeah, I just take it that that's the only thing Blizzard had on a short notice, and it was toss it together quickly. That said, I don't really give a rats ass about Blizzard.

4. Game development - Rumors swirling around are that the next Xbox will be based on Windows NT, why didn't Sony address their foundation instead of having videos of random devs sobbing about how beautiful it is to develop on PS4? OpenGL is not good enough. Why were 3rd party game ALWAYS being ported over from 360 to PS3?!? Change the status quo.
    Third party games were being ported because of a lack of understanding of the Cell Architecture and more comfort and PC like architecture of MS was easier for them to get up and running. That said, all the devs build up their own SW platforms to ride on the HW as a way of differentiation. This is done in the PC world. And the architecture of the PS4 is much more PC oriented and quick to dev for.

5. AMD Jaguar - What the hell is an "Enhanced PC CPU"? Are we 4 years old dude? Drop the buzzwords, "Supercharged!" "Enhanced!" "Unified!". There was 2 minutes dedicated to the specifications. Furthermore, the AMD Jaguar is AMD's counter to Intel's Atom CPU, a laptop CPU. Explanation?
    First, Sony didn't say it was the Jaguar, that's what others have called it for lack of knowing really what it is. Sony's leaving stuff on the table for E3. They left plenty to keep people tuned in.

6. Backwards compatibility - Screw you.
    Yeah, you can $#@! all you want about this. I don't give a rats ass personally. That said, it would be near on impossibly to do this w/o tossing a Cell Proc inside and driving up the price. I'd rather have a low price than BC. I've got my PS3 if I want to play my PS3 games.

7. PS Move - It was an absolute failure. When you go up before the audience and say that you now love it after a long time, it is incredibly cringe-worthy. But what do you do next? You announce some kind of Wii Sensor Bar, thanks, we really like PS Move right? No. But keep showing us videos of a group of suburbanite idiots pretending to be in a band by waving their hands like they belong in a Kinect commercial.
    Plenty of people love move. I enjoy move. Calling a Dual HD camera a Wii Sensor Bar is just plan bone-headed. What is says is, we're going to continue to support it. You may feel it was an absolute failure, but not everyone does. Supporting it out of the box on a new platform and having everyone w/ the tools that support it w/o paying out the ass for it will encourage it's success. If you don't like it, don't play it.

TL;DR: "Social aspects are one of the biggest things for PS4," the PS4 is doing it's best to copy everything wrong with the Xbox 360. It then goes on to copy the tablet function from the Wii U, pretending everyone owns a Vita.
    The social aspects of the Xbox 360 was actually what kept it in the game, not it's capability.

The PS Vita as a remote console is an option to remote play the PS4. It is not an integrated controller as a second screen like on Wii U, the Wii U Tablet can't remote play all games, it can transfer some game play over on some special games, etc. While there are some similarities the functionality is fairly different and unique to each platform.

Drop the social networking garbage, give us a better gaming console.

/rant
    Have your cake and eat it too

Forum Sage
    "Take over the world" (Hey the PS4 was marketed as a powerful PC... hopes went really high there) and then showing a game that's gonna be almost 2 years old when released on PS4.

He probably was trying to be funny... he didn't succeed.

I expected more from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by bariton1 View Post
    Q4T !

They can keep their $#@!ing cash cow. Heck i donīt even want to know what deals Blizz have made with Sony so that the RMAH works on PSN. This game is only a wet dream for chinafarmers and business studies.

B2T: If u donīt like it, donīt buy it. Thatīs simple.
    Tried, yes. Succeeded to this point, I'd disagree.

Never seen a Real-Time demo capturing human expression (specially eyes) like this. Heck even some pre-rendered stuff didn't achieve it! It's a combination of both art and tech and it did raise my eyebrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I'm not seeing the artistic approach in Quantic Dream's tech demo. If you're talking about the realism, it's nothing developers haven't tried attempting before.
    Last edited by Aquanox; 02-21-2013 at 23:10.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    First, Sony didn't say it was the Jaguar, that's what others have called it for lack of knowing really what it is. Sony's leaving stuff on the table for E3. They left plenty to keep people tuned in.
    Actually.. yes... yes they did. It's even stated on their official website:

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/rele.../130221a_e.pdf

Apprentice

I wanted to be excited...

I was kind of pumped up to see what was going to happen. I was kind of underwhelmed. Some features seem cool but after seeing some of the game footage from killzone, I was just kind of left scratching my head. They didnt announce a price and yet "Lens of Truth.com" is reporting that ' a little birdie' told them there would be 2 versions of the PS4, and the price for each model would be $429, and $529. Additionally LOT also said the PS4 would be released on November 17. How did they get that info but PSU didnt?

After watching the footage from the killzone game for the ps4 I was just kind of not that impressed with the graphics. I was just kind of thinking that they seemed like something that the ps3 could do. I just didnt see anything that really wowed me. When the ps2 came out there was this wow factor. When the ps3 came out the same wow factor. with this, its just kind of like...this seems too similar and familiar. If those price points are true then, why make the jump from ps3 to ps4? I mean Im thinking in terms of Metal gear ground zeros running on a ps3 and pc and I was blown away. With this ps4 showing, I didnt get that same feeling.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
    I was kind of pumped up to see what was going to happen. I was kind of underwhelmed. Some features seem cool but after seeing some of the game footage from killzone, I was just kind of left scratching my head. They didnt announce a price and yet "Lens of Truth.com" is reporting that ' a little birdie' told them there would be 2 versions of the PS4, and the price for each model would be $429, and $529. Additionally LOT also said the PS4 would be released on November 17. How did they get that info but PSU didnt?
    Some people like making $#@! up for hits.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    I guess no matter what the price people will still say it still it's expensive. Even at 429 with what you are getting from the details we know there really isn't any room to complain.

Forum Sage
    To have the same levels of Awe... consoles makers would've needed to go negative profit on launch. Both did in the current generation, but Sony suffered so much from it (took years to recover from those loses) that I don't see any of them willing to get through this again.

However, I must say some of the specs, like the RAM, were beyond what I was expecting. I'd say it's probably close to a GTX 680, which is saying a damn lot.

However, with this much RAM, new horizons open for console gaming. Never before a console had so much space to work with at the same time. Heck this doubles high end videocards on PCs (Then again, this has NEVER happened) Probably a good-bye to low res textures, and a good reason to use 50GB Blu-ray discs full of game. (not FMV)

Also, there are reports saying it was a last minute change (probably due to the leaks of the Xbox 720) Therefore... these titles should be far from taking advantage of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post

After watching the footage from the killzone game for the ps4 I was just kind of not that impressed with the graphics. I was just kind of thinking that they seemed like something that the ps3 could do. I just didnt see anything that really wowed me. When the ps2 came out there was this wow factor. When the ps3 came out the same wow factor. with this, its just kind of like...this seems too similar and familiar. If those price points are true then, why make the jump from ps3 to ps4? I mean Im thinking in terms of Metal gear ground zeros running on a ps3 and pc and I was blown away. With this ps4 showing, I didnt get that same feeling.
    Last edited by Aquanox; 02-21-2013 at 23:31.

24. Likes Mael Duin likes this post
    Administrator
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BGA9WK2

I signed up to be notified when it's available for pre-order.

I hope it's legit. o_0

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001

I hope it's legit. o_0
    I don't think that has ever worked for me. That didn't keep me from signing up to be notified, though.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryunosuke View Post
    I don't think that has ever worked for me. That didn't keep me from signing up to be notified, though.
    I've pre-ordered with Amazon before and it went fine, I just question the validity of this listing. >.<

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19

I hope it's legit. o_0
    Thanks pbm. Signed up.

Thread Information