Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast

Did anyone else NOT like today's news?

I was very underwhelmed by the presentation today by some specific content and a lack thereof otherwise.

1. "Connectivity between devices." "Outside the living room." "Consumer-centric."
    What the hell is this, the Xbox? Few people have Vita's and the fact that they said they are "trying" to get developers and games to work with remote play means the idea will be dropped after the first year. Anyone remember what came before DualShock 3 and after DualShock 2? Let's not mention that name.

2. The dedicated Sony Social Network - What is this Facebook knock off garbage? No one gives a sh** what trophies you have dude. So Sony makes an entire social network for it? Buzz off.

3. Chris Metzen - OMG THE BLIZZARD GUY!! I was beyond excited, expecting Titan or some bada*s new excluse IP, right? Right? No, we get a year-old PC port of the most disappointed below-expectation game of the decade. The hell off the stage.

4. Game development - Rumors swirling around are that the next Xbox will be based on Windows NT, why didn't Sony address their foundation instead of having videos of random devs sobbing about how beautiful it is to develop on PS4? OpenGL is not good enough. Why were 3rd party game ALWAYS being ported over from 360 to PS3?!? Change the status quo.

5. AMD Jaguar - What the hell is an "Enhanced PC CPU"? Are we 4 years old dude? Drop the buzzwords, "Supercharged!" "Enhanced!" "Unified!". There was 2 minutes dedicated to the specifications. Furthermore, the AMD Jaguar is AMD's counter to Intel's Atom CPU, a laptop CPU. Explanation?

6. Backwards compatibility - Screw you.

7. PS Move - It was an absolute failure. When you go up before the audience and say that you now love it after a long time, it is incredibly cringe-worthy. But what do you do next? You announce some kind of Wii Sensor Bar, thanks, we really like PS Move right? No. But keep showing us videos of a group of suburbanite idiots pretending to be in a band by waving their hands like they belong in a Kinect commercial.

TL;DR: "Social aspects are one of the biggest things for PS4," the PS4 is doing it's best to copy everything wrong with the Xbox 360. It then goes on to copy the tablet function from the Wii U, pretending everyone owns a Vita.

Drop the social networking garbage, give us a better gaming console.

/rant

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Lolll...?

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

3. Likes unicron7 wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    it was a great show and sony kicked butt and E3 will even be better

5. Likes unicron7 wishes they had posted this first.

Can anyone address my specific claims instead of saying "Lolll...?"

Lolll...?

Super Elite
    Build your own gaming device. I would if I were that pissed.

Im looking forward to it though

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Build your own gaming device. I would if I were that pissed.

Im looking forward to it though

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Maybe the Steambox can come save us from Sony and Msft trying to become the next Facebook. Doubt it though.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Lolll...?

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from BlackColeBattlefield 3
    It wasn't a bad show.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Peaceful Warrior
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo23 View Post

Lolll...?
    Probably not. Everyone's pretty excited about it.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Keep beating around the bush I suppose. As an objective fan, these issues disappointed me greatly as I had confidence PS4 would buck the social networking trend and just make a badass gaming console.

I guess I could use the PS4 for Netflix, Hulu, Facebook maybe, hey even Twitter! LOL I love this thing now.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Op... Tl;dr

Ultimate Veteran
    I wasn't a fan of the keynote. They hyped the announcement up so much and in they end they spent 2 hours talking about features everyone expected but wasn't blown away by. The game demos we're cool but that whole segment was way too long. And not showing the console was a major disappointment.

I know they have to save stuff for E3 but they made this announcement boring and repetitive.
    Other opinions are available.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    Op... Tl;dr
    I provided you with a TL;DR in the OP hahahaha ... Now that shows how objective some of you are being about this presentation.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog

Lolll...?
    I would address most of your claim if you had posted your rant in the VS section where my opinion/counter points would not risk me a temp ban hammer!!!

I will address these.

1-Connectivity. This is NOT MANDATORY so *****ing about it is pretty much pointless. If it was, you'd have a very solid point for not liking the idea.

2-Social. You claim NO ONE gives a crap, sorry pal, many people do. YOUR opinion on the subject does not make it a FACT. And this "sharing" is far from FB model, it is built around gamers and expands on interactivity between them, I'd say that's a ****ing amazing feature!

4-OpenGL is not good enough? Funny, I found it pretty impressive for games like Uncharted, GOW, Killzone and the upcoming The last of Us, Beyond 2 souls etc... But that's just my opinion and it obviously does not make it a fact! All those were built with a split pool of memory of 512mb, now they have 8GB GDDR5 unified architecture to work with and a x86 architecture CPU (they could use DirectX 11)

Copying everything wrong with the XBOX? Again, your opinion and I am sure it's far from a majority of people that share it.

What I think of your first post in these forums?

Well that is what I would like to address in the VS no holds barred section, but I will refrain in this thread

Happy?
    Last edited by snooper71; 02-21-2013 at 06:23.

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style

Peaceful Warrior
    Keep beating around the bush I suppose. As an objective fan, these issues disappointed me greatly as I had confidence PS4 would buck the social networking trend and just make a badass gaming console.

I guess I could use the PS4 for Netflix, Hulu, Facebook maybe, hey even Twitter! LOL I love this thing now.
    Believe it or not, some people really want those features, but that doesn't mean you have to use them. I don't see how that takes away from it being a beast of a console. This is the time we live in... it's a social networking world and digital online media is becoming the norm. Change or die if you want to succeed.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

19. Likes snooper71 wishes they had posted this first.
    ***** dweller
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo23
    I was very underwhelmed by the presentation today by some specific content and a lack thereof otherwise.

1. "Connectivity between devices." "Outside the living room." "Consumer-centric."
    What the hell is this, the Xbox? Few people have Vita's and the fact that they said they are "trying" to get developers and games to work with remote play means the idea will be dropped after the first year. Anyone remember what came before DualShock 3 and after DualShock 2? Let's not mention that name.
    I'm pretty sure that you can use your mobile phone and tablets with the use of, Gaikai.
    2. The dedicated Sony Social Network - What is this Facebook knock off garbage? No one gives a sh** what trophies you have dude. So Sony makes an entire social network for it? Buzz off.
    I personally don't care for this either but I'm sure others are interested in it.

3. Chris Metzen - OMG THE BLIZZARD GUY!! I was beyond excited, expecting Titan or some bada*s new excluse IP, right? Right? No, we get a year-old PC port of the most disappointed below-expectation game of the decade. The hell off the stage.
    I too agree that this was a long and underwhelming showing.
    4. Game development - Rumors swirling around are that the next Xbox will be based on Windows NT, why didn't Sony address their foundation instead of having videos of random devs sobbing about how beautiful it is to develop on PS4? OpenGL is not good enough. Why were 3rd party game ALWAYS being ported over from 360 to PS3?!? Change the status quo.
    Is the PS4 OpenGL?. I couldn't catch much details due to the lag the live streaming was experiencing.
    5. AMD Jaguar - What the hell is an "Enhanced PC CPU"? Are we 4 years old dude? Drop the buzzwords, "Supercharged!" "Enhanced!" "Unified!". There was 2 minutes dedicated to the specifications. Furthermore, the AMD Jaguar is AMD's counter to Intel's Atom CPU, a laptop CPU. Explanation?
    They're most likely doing that on purpose to not divulge much details behind the PS4's tech.

A lot of people will appreciate the fact that it will be backwards compatible.
    7. PS Move - It was an absolute failure. When you go up before the audience and say that you now love it after a long time, it is incredibly cringe-worthy. But what do you do next? You announce some kind of Wii Sensor Bar, thanks, we really like PS Move right? No. But keep showing us videos of a group of suburbanite idiots pretending to be in a band by waving their hands like they belong in a Kinect commercial.
    Meh. To each their own I guess. I liked the concept.
    TL;DR: "Social aspects are one of the biggest things for PS4," the PS4 is doing it's best to copy everything wrong with the Xbox 360. It then goes on to copy the tablet function from the Wii U, pretending everyone owns a Vita.

The Playstation 4 is shaping up to be a better game console compared to the Playstation 3. I am certain that they'll reveal more in regards to upcomin games in their E3 Press Conference.

21. Likes Sparc wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    I would address most of your claim if you had posted your rant in the VS section where my opinion/counter points would not risk me a temp ban hammer!!! I will address these. 1-Connectivity. This is NOT MANDATORY so *****ing about it is pretty much pointless. If it was, you'd have a very solid point for not liking the idea. 2-Social. You claim NO ONE gives a crap, sorry pal, many people do. YOUR opinion on the subject does not make it a FACT. And this "sharing" is far from FB model, it is built around gamers and expands on interactivity between them, I'd say that's a ****ing amazing feature! 4-OpenGL is not good enough? Funny, I found it pretty impressive for games like Uncharted, GOW, Killzone and the upcoming The last of Us, Beyond 2 souls etc... But that's just my opinion and it obviously does not make it a fact! All those were built with a split pool of memory of 512mb, now they have 8GB GDDR5 unified architecture to work with and a x86 architecture CPU (they could use DirectX 11) Copying everything wrong with the XBOX? Again, your opinion and I am sure it's far from a majority of people that share it. What I think of your first post in these forums? Well that is what I would like to address in the VS no holds barred section, but I will refrain in this thread Happy?
    You hit the nail right on the head. +rep

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Me, not happy? **** YEa i'm happy. I've seen games that I want to play and the leap from last gen to first wave titles is big enough for me. All that OS **** is just a bonus.

edit:**** it. Nothing can stop the hype train.

Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 02-21-2013 at 06:36.

Fon, my upstream had intermittent trouble as well, but I thought backwards compatibility was a no-go? If I am wrong, +1 to Sony.

Peaceful Warrior
    Fon, my upstream had intermittent trouble as well, but I thought backwards compatibility was a no-go? If I am wrong, +1 to Sony.
    It isn't backwards compatible out of the box, but it was mentioned that PS1 through PS3 games will eventually be playable through cloud gaming via Gaikai... which is why I'm guessing is one of the reasons they purchased it for over 300 million dollars.

PSU YouTube Manager
    PSN ID
    Agriel
    Items PS3 Slim LogoRaidenNoctisFinal Fantasy XI OnlineFinal Fantasy Versus XIIINaughty Dog

/rant
    1. Not much to say about this other then that Sony were being sued when the PS3 first came out and couldnt release the DS3 to the public. That would be the reason for the crap controller we got at launch.

2. This is your opinion so its really hard to debate opinions.Social media is what people want these days so they get what they want.

3. Blizzard is Blizzard

4. I really have a hard time following you on this one. The programming language has almost nothing to do with why we had crap ports last gen. What made it hard to program for on PS3 was the fact that it has a Cell processor, where as the xbox used a more standard CPU.

5. The Jaguars that are used in laptops have 2-4 cores, the one is the PS4 has 8 cores. I would guess they went with the Jaguar because of less power consumption. Really I would think this would make you happy, being that you *****ed about the PS4 will be harder to program earlier in your post.

27. Likes snooper71 wishes they had posted this first.
    Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I don't know. I guess I'm lucky that I'm one of those that don't care about backwards compatibility this time around.

I used it only a couple of times on the PS3, and that was mostly to test games. The most unused feature on my PS3 after the card reader.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    A lot of people will appreciate the fact that it will be backwards compatible.
    Whoa, hold on there for a second. Didn't they say that: "Its not directly backwards compatible", or something like that.
    Also the part about it eventually being able to play games all the way back to PS1 era confused me. As in how exactly do they intend to achieve that without online streaming?
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Peaceful Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    Whoa, hold on there for a second. Didn't they say that: "Its not directly backwards compatible", or something like that.
    Also the part about it eventually being able to play games all the way back to PS1 era confused me. As in how exactly do they intend to achieve that without online streaming?
    It isn't backwards compatible... but with Gaikai they will eventually be able to stream all previous PlayStation titles via cloud gaming. They intend to do it online. I was confused too until I just looked it up again. They have huge plans with Gaikai.

Thread Information