Page 1 of 7 1 ... LastLast

Selling on Ebay?

Yes or No?

I can't pass up the opportunity. Although I do feel a slight moral obligation not to, I will probably still sell.

You guys?

Dedicated Member
    Do as you wish. Selling one on Ebay is no big deal. Your not taking one away from another gamer. Your taking away from another gamer who was to lazy and did not cover his bases enough to enable him to get one on launch day. Should have gotten in line sooner, should have gotten off their butt and reserved one. Lots of reasons why people dont end up with one. Do with it as you wish.

Superior Member
    No, if I somehow magically get one, I'll keep it. I am curious to see what happens though because most places I am guessing will only do bundles, plus the initial cost is high anyways, so people on Ebay are probably going to be setting a price for $1000+ easy...I am thinking there might be some backlash from the XBOX 360 ebay-selling, because those are widely available now. To each his own, but I think this year it will be different.

Super Elite
    I will getthe ps3 on launch. I'll kill myself dogin this, but I'll try and keep from opening it, and playing it.
    (maybe I'll open it and say, "checked it out, and it works fine!!") lol

Anyways, then I'll check ebay, see what they're selling at, and then I'll put mine up, if the ebay prices are more worthy. lol. Talk about an investment..

PS3 games owned
    Resistance fall of man
    Tekken 5 DR
    Motorstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    No, if I somehow magically get one, I'll keep it. I am curious to see what happens though because most places I am guessing will only do bundles, plus the initial cost is high anyways, so people on Ebay are probably going to be setting a price for $1000+ easy...I am thinking there might be some backlash from the XBOX 360 ebay-selling, because those are widely available now. To each his own, but I think this year it will be different.
    backlash?

those people who bought a 360 for $1,500 obviously are wealthy.

they won't protest buying a ps3 for whatever it goes for, because they have the money.

i think in retrospect and with the popularity of the ps3 and ebay people will have no problem selling.

... plus with no shipments until after x-mas...

that's just my opinion though. who knows really.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by coreyh View Post
    backlash?

those people who bought a 360 for $1,500 obviously are wealthy.

they won't protest buying a ps3 for whatever it goes for, because they have the money.

i think in retrospect and with the popularity of the ps3 and ebay people will have no problem selling.

... plus with no shipments until after x-mas...

that's just my opinion though. who knows really.
    no shipments until after christmas? lol, what are you talking about? The PS3 is schedualed to get 6 million out by march, or something like that. No way are they going to hold off until next year to sell 5, 500,000 consoles, just so ebay bidding can be nice and pricey.

PS3 games owned
    Resistance fall of man
    Tekken 5 DR
    Motorstorm

Apprentice
    i think its out of order when peeps buy a PS3 when theres hardly any to go round and sells for a stupid price to others who are desperete for one.

as much as i love video games i will be selling one on ebay IF i get it.... but i plan on waiting at 12 noon nov. 16th at best buy or whoever has the most.....

and im really hoping that it goes for 2500+ due to the short amount at launch and crazy prices for the 360 last year..... or maybe im just crazy

Apprentice

Im going to be getting one..or more...and Im not keeping any of them.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by crombieboy182 View Post
    as much as i love video games i will be selling one on ebay IF i get it.... but i plan on waiting at 12 noon nov. 16th at best buy or whoever has the most.....

and im really hoping that it goes for 2500+ due to the short amount at launch and crazy prices for the 360 last year..... or maybe im just crazy
    That would probably be the highest someone would pay for, only the completely desperate parents more or less.

Alvar
    Honestly I don't like people that sell consoles on ebay. It is like taking a console that someone could have bought for a reasonable price and then selling it for more. Ur taking away someone's chance to get a system on launch day.

Superior Member
    hey man its first come first serve. if someone decides to sell it on ebay then thats good for him. ppl who wine and complain that they couldnt get one at launch while other ppl got 3 or 4. if they want one bad they have to follow the rule: "First come first serve". and u'll b saving ur a$$, cuz you guyz do know that some PS3's will have bugs. so just have some patiece

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvar View Post
    Honestly I don't like people that sell consoles on ebay. It is like taking a console that someone could have bought for a reasonable price and then selling it for more. Ur taking away someone's chance to get a system on launch day.

You didnt read my post did you?

filthman
    Supply and demand along with some truly stupid and uninformed rich folks equals opportunity.

I plan to sell 5-7 units like I did the 360. Not crazy profit margins but enough to get mine and all the games/accessories for free.

I also want to purchase a 1080p display so hopefully the profit margins will be a little higher.

Apprentice
    selling on ebay? heck ya lol spend 600$ make a 1000$ profit...

Apprentice
    Yeah will sell. I have a family and any extra money you come by always helps. Get it day one, set reserve on ebay, if it sells..great, if not, I open it up and play!!!

Super Elite

damn, tats the one thats 17 hrs after release... have neone of you saw the 360 bids within the 12 hour? all were like 3k$

I, of course, will be ebaying... starting price $800 USD and buy it now $3000 no reserves.
    Right now, I have managed to hang onto 3 preorders, nothing FULLY confirmed yet, but its getting its looks. Will be getting more, at least 2 more preorders and 2 first come first serve. (a friend have same amount as me, doing same thing)

Veteran
    I don't like it. It makes someone that actually wants it miss out. It's almost a little greedy, but business is business right?

Super Elite

lol, almost a little greedy? well, it always depends on what you are gonna do with money.

i need it so i can pay for my university next year! if i was rich, i'd be those dumbass sittin around and then ebay in a ps3 for like 3000$ instead.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 rocks View Post
    I don't like it. It makes someone that actually wants it miss out. It's almost a little greedy, but business is business right?
    If the people that did not get one put more effort into it they would be the ones getting one. Only reason people dont get one is they dont prepare enough put enough effort into it and then cry later on b/c they dont have a system.

If someone has a system and not you its b/c he got inline before you or per ordered his before you. The only one to blame is yourself, not the guy selling the PS3 on Ebay that you "think" you were intitled to. Just b/c somoene is a gamer does not give them presidence as far as getting a system over anyone else.

The Marvelous One
    Might as well. Make a little money. Provide someone with fun stuff. It's good for everyone.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by filthman View Post
    Supply and demand along with some truly stupid and uninformed rich folks equals opportunity.

I plan to sell 5-7 units like I did the 360. Not crazy profit margins but enough to get mine and all the games/accessories for free.

I also want to purchase a 1080p display so hopefully the profit margins will be a little higher.
    Just because theyre rich doesn't mean they're uninformed. If they have a lot of money why should they go through the trouble of getting a preorder, let alone camping for one when they can pay some shmuck half of what they have in their back pocket.
    Can't wait to get a flat panel. I just might have to splurge when GT5 comes out. I can't just not be able to play when I'm moving between work and school.

filthman
    Keep in mind that 80% of the 360 auctions turned out to be bogus. Those selling at $3K were bogus.

Superior Member
    Let me explain something. Someone getting a PS3 and then selling it on Ebay is their business, and their business only. Everyone posting on this thread complaining that there will be some poor soul not getting one that wanted one is naive. The person buying on Ebay wants one...and will get one, albeit an alternative method to scrambling for a pre-order spot, or camping a store for many hours before the sale starts.

There are many people in this country that REALLY want a PS3, but have work obligations, or family obligations and can't be at the point of sale to buy on launch day. That's where Ebay comes in.

And also, no matter how you cut it, there are going to be PLENTY of people that want one on launch day that don't get one just from the pure fact that only 300,000 will be available on the first day. I'm sure there are in excess of a 1,00,000 or so people that would love to have one of these systems on launch day. So do the math. No matter how you cut it on a major console launch, someone will be left out.

Thread Information