Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    I dont care about BC. This gen took way way too long and i just want it over with. I just gotta play The Last of Us and Beyond and this gen will be done for me and i dont want to go back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    There's not really anything I'm going to want to play from this gen once I own my ps4.
    That is good for you, but ( I think I said something similar before when someone said I was a Sony fanboy)if I had money for a PS4 but it would mean not getting MGS:GZ or Beyond etc when they are released
    The games would come first
    I go where the games are, for instance Helljester you have those games you want to play on PS3 and then you are done, same here I'm sure you are like me and wish they was on PS4 instead because you know you can't ignore them, they are great games
    Two4 I can't really go with yours thoughts on that because if MGSGZ is released after the PS4 is out the best game experience for me that month wont be on PS4
    That game looks insane for a current gen title, damn it would look insane if they upped it to PS4, as a gamer I can't miss out that
    Its like GOW2 on PS2, we had nextgen games on 360 for a year and the PS3 was out and that games was showing nextgen games up massively
    I think what I really want is those games on PS4 so like you I can move on, but for me at the moment 2013 and maybe 2014 the PS3 will be where its at
    Don't get wrong PS4 is gonna be awesome, but as gamers this year on PS3 we have never had it better, and PS4 can't top it at the moment.

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    @TGO

I should have worded that differently.

I will have likely played every game that I wanted on my ps3 by the time I own my ps4. What I meant is that I hope that gaming on the ps4 will be such an improvement that I won't want to go back to the ps3. I'll use uncharted 1 and 2 for an example. I couldn't play U1 anymore after I played U2 due to all the improvements.

There's a few titles that I played from the ps2 era this gen. Ico(never got to play this classic when I had my ps2), killzone(the best in the series imo) and Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory(the best one in the series imo). I feel that I won't miss the ps3 games at the moment but that could change anytime during next gen and I may have to pull my ps3 back out lol.

Metal gear should be a cross gen title. Fox engine was built to handle current and next gen.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Updator
    It doesn't really bother me. I'm quite happy to just keep my PS3 on the shelf under my tv next to my PS4.

4. Likes dirtydog1979 likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    I really don't see any games I would play for nostalgia on the PS3, there isn't 1 friggin game. While I liked a bunch of games that were on the PS3, I just don't see myself going back to those games. This gen hasn't been memorable for games compared to the retro consoles that some of us still play every now and then. If I'm going to bet a PS4, I'm getting it for PS4 games and not for PS3, PS2, or PS1 games. I really don't care about BC.

PSN ID
    DirtyDog1979
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    I dont care about BC. This gen took way way too long and i just want it over with. I just gotta play The Last of Us and Beyond and this gen will be done for me and i dont want to go back.
    Feel the same BC isn't be be all and end all the two above games will most likely be the last PS3 games I buy

Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    That is good for you, but ( I think I said something similar before when someone said I was a Sony fanboy)if I had money for a PS4 but it would mean not getting MGS:GZ or Beyond etc when they are released

Sent via Codec
    LOL do you honestly believe Ground Zeros is a current-gen game? It's next-gen. Don't fall victim to Kojima's trolling.

Master Guru
    I got BC on my launch PS3 and I've never used it.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Yes I most definitely want BC, and here are my reasons:
    1. PS3 is very inefficient
    2. Text chat rooms can be very slow to load and type in
    3. No cross game chat, and I am getting tired of having to use Skype almost all the time
    4. Comparing and viewing trophies can take forever, and its even worse when you have a game running in background
    5. No universal background music support. It would really come handy in some games.
    6. Can't use the browser and play at the same time (something that has been added in PS Vita, but I don't use that Handheld very often)

Now I would assume that if PS4 was able to play all PS3 games, most of these annoyances would go away, and I would have no reason to hold on to my PS3 any more.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    When I had a 80 GB partial BC PS3, I use to play some PS2 games quite a bit. And there are still many PS3 games I need to play. Right now, if I would get a PS4 I would need to either pack up my 360 or my PS3.. since i dont have the room for three consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    Yes I most definitely want BC, and here are my reasons:
    1. PS3 is very inefficient
    2. Text chat rooms can be very slow to load and type in
    3. No cross game chat, and I am getting tired of having to use Skype almost all the time
    4. Comparing and viewing trophies can take forever, and its even worse when you have a game running in background
    5. No universal background music support. It would really come handy in some games.
    6. Can't use the browser and play at the same time (something that has been added in PS Vita, but I don't use that Handheld very often)

Now I would assume that if PS4 was able to play all PS3 games, most of these annoyances would go away, and I would have no reason to hold on to my PS3 any more.
    None of that really has anything to do with being BC or not.

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I remember finishing off FFXII on my 60gb. The quality was amazing on the PS3.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Yep, BC is important to me and one of the reason I won't be buying a PS4 anytime soon.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Yep, BC is important to me and one of the reason I won't be buying a PS4 anytime soon.
    Aww...that's too bad.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Not really since there's no games on it that I'm interested in atm anyway...

Master Guru
    Waste of money putting BC into the PS4

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    I do not care for it.

I didn't use it on the PS2 or PS3. I even owned a 60gb BC PS3...no PS2 discs ever used in it.

If they manage to implement it then it's cool for those who want it...but if they don't the only way it effects me is having to listen to people $#@! about it

17. Likes Updator likes this post
    Master Poster
    If they let me redownload my digital ps3 games on the ps4 sure

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    If they let me redownload my digital ps3 games on the ps4 sure
    They wont. They actually cant, those games were coded for the ps3, the 4 wont play them.

I have to hook my ps3 up to another TV because my 6 year old would kill me if I took away her little big planet.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    They wont. They actually cant, those games were coded for the ps3, the 4 wont play them.
    They can... that's what Gaikai is for...
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Gaikai is running the games and sending you the screen image, same with remote play, the PS4 can't play them natively. If Gaikai plays every single PS1, 2 and 3 game I've bought digitally then I won't have a problem but I know it won't be that simple and wouldn't be surprised if I had to rebuy the games digitally like PS1 Classics for XPERIA Play.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Yes. I abysed it with PS1 games on PS2 and still abuse those PS1 games on PS3 while still actively playing PS2 games when I have a working DS2. I NEED REALL BC IN MY PS4!!! RRAAAAAAA

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    In hindsight I really dont care if PS4 will have BC. I never really used it on my PS3. Only game that I remember playing on PS3 was Manhunt 2. Other than that, I never really used it. In my experience once I buy a new system i never really look back. Plus I'll still have my PS3 if the need arises.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Soldier 95B
    Nope, don't need BC. My PS3 will continue to work just fine after the PS4 is released. I hope they focus on more important things.

25. Likes Updator likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    I'm playing a PS1 Classic right now on my PS3, probably because a good game is a good game no matter what era it comes from.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    PS4 is for PS4. I played PS2 games on my PS3 for about a month after it came out and I've never played one since.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I'm playing a PS1 Classic right now on my PS3, probably because a good game is a good game no matter what era it comes from.
    I keep rally cross (a ps1 gem) on my vita, and play it at work sometimes.

I dont play to many older games but there are a few.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information