Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    would not bother me either way and that's the truth
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Apprentice
    I starting buying PS2 games again. So yeah I do.
    Oh, I'm sorry did I break your concentration I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue. - Jules

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    I don't really care. I'll play my ps3 games probably for a year after next gen then I'll probably sell everything.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Yes I want BC. The PS4 should read CDs and being so PC like Sony could just port the PS1/2 emulators.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

5. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Yep, I'd use it all the time. And I'd much rather have one box under the TV rather than a PS2, PS3 AND PS4...
    But hey you're not buying one anyway.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Superior Member

I don't see myself playing any PS3 games after launch of the PS4. Perhaps if they do something like they did with GOW2 on PS2 releasing it when the PS3 came out I might hold on to one of my PS3s but lets be real. I have no time to go back and play PS2 games because I have too many PS3 games....and the same will be for the PS4. I'm sure if its a big hit they will find a way to release it on the PS4 because they did that with this last gen. I'm more interested on gamesharing on my Vita to PS4 than anything. I should be able to buy 1 game and play on either device...I love the idea of the PS4 doing the work and streaming it to my Vita.....epic.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    But hey you're not buying one anyway.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
    I'm not, I'm not gonna be buying any next gen consoles other than maybe the Wii U, I'll just use my PC at this point since that's what the consoles are trying to become with all these additional features, it's no longer just about the games.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    I'm not, I'm not gonna be buying any next gen consoles other than maybe the Wii U, I'll just use my PC at this point since that's what the consoles are trying to become with all these additional features, it's no longer just about the games.
    Good luck getting the plethora of console only titles on PC. =\
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I mean no disrespect when I say this, but seems like a tantrum to me.

Good luck getting away from "extra features" in games. Are you developing your own, or going to be playing the 0 amount of games/platforms that "are just about the game"?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Good luck getting the plethora of console only titles on PC. =\
    Quite honestly I'm not putting in the amount of gaming hours I used to, and the small amount of franchises I get really hyped for are on PC. If Final Fantasy gets it's $#@! together next gen then I will get a PS4 but highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I mean no disrespect when I say this, but seems like a tantrum to me.

Good luck getting away from "extra features" in games. Are you developing your own, or going to be playing the 0 amount of games/platforms that "are just about the game"?
    That's not really what I meant, extra features such as playing music on the PS1, DVDs on PS2 etc. were great but 99% of use was for games, the way consoles are going now, it's more about features and social interactivity rather than just buying a game and playing it. I don't give a $#@! about this new share function and recorded gameplay (actually recorded gameplay is a cool feature, but not when YouTube wasn't supported at the conf), and would be amazing if I could use it with PS1/2/3 games, that would make for a hell of a lot of videos I'd be putting online but it's restricted to PS4 at this point since that's all you can do.

At this point just get a PC and the games are way cheaper.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    despite not being a major problem, BC has never been needed as much as it is now, and the irony is we dont have it this time
    And people say people don't care for it, who wants to play current gen games on their new system, Theres no demand for it
    Yet look at us playing our HD Classics and paying for them, games we already own
    Yes they are in HD, but thats a bonus because the games are outputed in $#@! quality on the PS3 BC, but they are still old games and we still like to replay them.
    Yes we have our PS3 for that but you know you'll buy a PS4 1080p version of The Last Of Us
    But would you even be as interested if PS4 could play your PS3 version
    Sent via Codec
    uh....what?

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    None of that really has anything to do with being BC or not.
    Sorry for the late response.

Anyway, true, however all those things would greatly enhance my PS3 online gaming so of course I would like to have bc.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

This won't be a popular response but there aren't many games on the PS3 that I'd like to play again with BC. On the other hand I'd like to replay some of my PS2 RPGs.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Doesn't matter how often its used, its a nice option to have. More so with PS2/PS1 games. PS3 games and this generation in-general were lacking overall. Having more options and convenience has a lot to do with it.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Apprentice
    I think that is why Sony bought Gaiki, that gaming while streaming is a good feature to have because even future consoles that release wont be effecting Gaiki. The tech in the PS3 going inside the PS4 would drag the cost of the PS4 way to high, in fact I would say the system would cost well over $600 just because of the PS3. It's better if Sony starts fresh and reorganizes everything for Playstation. Even though people are going to $#@! and moan, it's still the best option they have. It's the only thing they can do right now.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Elite Member
    I can only imagine what battle field will be like on ps4. I think its good this gen, imagine it next gen on ps4.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    I think that is why Sony bought Gaiki, that gaming while streaming is a good feature to have because even future consoles that release wont be effecting Gaiki. The tech in the PS3 going inside the PS4 would drag the cost of the PS4 way to high, in fact I would say the system would cost well over $600 just because of the PS3. It's better if Sony starts fresh and reorganizes everything for Playstation. Even though people are going to $#@! and moan, it's still the best option they have. It's the only thing they can do right now.
    I'm not upset by no BC but this is definitely a tactic to drive down the price of the console and push their streaming. They paid a good bit for the streaming service so it's natural to do something like this to help people want it more.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Guru
    I'd love to have PS3 and PS2 backwards compatibility on the PS4 but i'd settle for just being able to play PS3 games on it.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I'm not upset by no BC but this is definitely a tactic to drive down the price of the console and push their streaming. They paid a good bit for the streaming service so it's natural to do something like this to help people want it more.
    It's still better if they do it this way because then they don't have to put extra cost into whatever console they decide to make in the future. I think what Sony did is quite brilliant. If they would have put the cell inside the PS4 with the cost included, I don't think we would be seeing 8GB GDDR5 or maybe other features.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    DynamicSun
    Yep, I'd use it all the time. And I'd much rather have one box under the TV rather than a PS2, PS3 AND PS4...

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    It's still better if they do it this way because then they don't have to put extra cost into whatever console they decide to make in the future. I think what Sony did is quite brilliant. If they would have put the cell inside the PS4 with the cost included, I don't think we would be seeing 8GB GDDR5 or maybe other features.
    Absolutely. Cost is the number one factor for this move.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I don't care about BC especially if its gonna add cost to the ps4 I love my ps3 and works just fine.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information