Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    Items YunaPlayStation

are you so sure you want BC?

When I bought the 60 Gb PS3 I was so happy it had BC. But then I played only a bit of DOA hardcore, Splashdown and SMT Nocturne and never touched it again. If BC means paying a subscription to Gaikai, then paying again for games you already have, and obviously having technical difficulties as the internet infrastructure won't allow smooth gaming, maybe we have to consider the PS3 as the ONLY platform for PS3 games and finish all the PS3 games to move forward and not look back.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yep, I'd use it all the time. And I'd much rather have one box under the TV rather than a PS2, PS3 AND PS4...

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

3. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Its a feature I have always wanted yet rarel used in previous consoles.I might like it but could definitely do without.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    It will be interesting how they implement it...if I can just subscribe to PS+ and be allowed to play the whole backlog of PS1, PS2 and most PS3 games I would be all over it! Nostalgia to the extreme!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Just to play some classics now and then. I'd welcome it but can do without.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTenth666 View Post
    When I bought the 60 Gb PS3 I was so happy it had BC. But then I played only a bit of DOA hardcore, Splashdown and SMT Nocturne and never touched it again. If BC means paying a subscription to Gaikai, then paying again for games you already have, and obviously having technical difficulties as the internet infrastructure won't allow smooth gaming, maybe we have to consider the PS3 as the ONLY platform for PS3 games and finish all the PS3 games to move forward and not look back.
    It was the same with me. Happy to get the BC model. All I did with it, was test a couple of PS2 games I still had at the time. Haven't touched it since and got rid of the games around that time too.

I still have a few PS1 classics, but I assume these will work on the PS4.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Apprentice
    I want the PS4 for PS4 games not PS3. I will keep my PS3 for PS3 games.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

9. Likes YoungMullah88 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    What they need to do is create an Game OS thats just an upgrade of the previous version so like windows games from 15 years ago still work.
    So PS5 will be able to play PS4 games and by then PS5 will be powerful enough to emulate PS3 games easily.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    MoneyM07
    No. I personally wouldn't care for it on the PS4. I'm buying the system for IT'S games and not the previous console games. On the other hand, I understand where others are coming from when they say that I do want BC.

Dedicated Member

It won't make a bit of difference to me. I always sell off my old console and games before buying the new one. That way I have more money to spend on the new console and new games.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    It won't make a bit of difference to me. I always sell off my old console and games before buying the new one. That way I have more money to spend on the new console and new games.
    I do the same, but I do it on eBay. Last time I went to GameStop they offered me 7 dollars for 12 games. I then listed them all on eBay and made 160 bucks. =\
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I do the same, but I do it on eBay. Last time I went to GameStop they offered me 7 dollars for 12 games. I then listed them all on eBay and made 160 bucks. =\
    I always do that, I never trade in games now.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

PSN ID
    Glaedr-Oromis
    I was going to keep my PS3 anyway. So whether or not there is B/C on PS4 doesn't matter to me.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I always do that, I never trade in games now.
    Smart move. :]

At the very least... PS3 will be affordable as fuh after PS4 comes out... so it'll be a good chance to get one if you want.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    It is a big deal for me since I've got tons and tons and tons of classic games. However, my PS3 isn't going anywhere this time around, so my PS4 will be sitting right next to the king of the living room.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    What they need to do is create an Game OS thats just an upgrade of the previous version so like windows games from 15 years ago still work.
    So PS5 will be able to play PS4 games and by then PS5 will be powerful enough to emulate PS3 games easily.
    That has more to do with the architecture than the OS. If after ps4 they continue with a similar system just progressively more powerful they should be able to do backwards compatibility without a problem. But with the radically different ps3 system architecture, and now the more PC-like ps4 architecture, it was never going to happen.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeles View Post
    I was going to keep my PS3 anyway. So whether or not there is B/C on PS4 doesn't matter to me.
    Same here, keeping both my current PS3's, even if I don't use them for gaming they will be great blu-ray/media players!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Ultimate Veteran
    Bc is no big deal to me. if the PS4 does have it and we have to pay for it then i wont pay for the service

PSN ID
    ReDxHorneT
    Items 1UP (Pixel)Avenged SevenfoldLucy PinderSteamPS3 SlimBullet For My ValentineLBP KratosGran Turismo 5Little Big Planet
    I will be keeping my PS3 to play PS3 games so I don't care if it's got BC. It would be a nice addition though.

Splashdown for PS2 was awesome. One of my favorite games

Honestly I do have the urge to play classic games from time to time. So yes its somewhat important to me. As it saves the hassle of hooking up my ps1 or ps2 just to get the urge out. My PS3 is BC also so i guess I'm covered. PS4 doesn't have to be BC but I wouldn't mind it either. (from a hassle perspective)

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I hope it at least supports PS1 and PS2.

Veteran
    Doesn't really matter if PS4 has BC or not. It'd be nice but I can do without it.

Ancient
    despite not being a major problem, BC has never been needed as much as it is now, and the irony is we dont have it this time
    And people say people don't care for it, who wants to play current gen games on their new system, Theres no demand for it
    Yet look at us playing our HD Classics and paying for them, games we already own
    Yes they are in HD, but thats a bonus because the games are outputed in $#@! quality on the PS3 BC, but they are still old games and we still like to replay them.
    Yes we have our PS3 for that but you know you'll buy a PS4 1080p version of The Last Of Us
    But would you even be as interested if PS4 could play your PS3 version
    Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    I dont care about BC. This gen took way way too long and i just want it over with. I just gotta play The Last of Us and Beyond and this gen will be done for me and i dont want to go back.

27. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    There's not really anything I'm going to want to play from this gen once I own my ps4.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

As of right now, F Destiny.

Thread Information