Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    446 (0 Banked)

    Wink Ps4 graphics demo! Killzone 4 shadow fall! Insane depth of field

    check it out !





    NOTICE the depth of field it's insane !
    Last edited by EarthNeutron; 02-21-2013 at 18:38.

  2. #2
    Ultimate Veteran
    coolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    long island ny
    Age
    38
    Posts
    20,884
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    28,684 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    the graphics on the PS4 are real next gen. and just think as they get to know the hardware they will get better

  3. #3
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    446 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    the graphics on the PS4 are real next gen. and just think as they get to know the hardware they will get better

    Yes, I know. It's insane. I still cannot believe the depth of field look something from another world.

    And imagine that my computer is more powerful than the PS4 but the games are just not that optimised.

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,230
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    119,629 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    the graphics on the PS4 are real next gen. and just think as they get to know the hardware they will get better
    Well... devs don't really need to get to know the hardware... games will look amazing from the start. That was one of Sony's big points they made at the conference... using x86 architecture so devs can spend more time making games on a decades old platform, instead of having to create tricks to get their games to work properly.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  5. #5
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    446 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Well... devs don't really need to get to know the hardware... games will look amazing from the start. That was one of Sony's big points they made at the conference... using x86 architecture so devs can spend more time making games on a decades old platform, instead of having to create tricks to get their games to work properly.
    Yes, remember the PS3? You probably do because it's not that old )) But anyway, the PS3 has a Cell CPU which has 7 SKU's. SO it's basically like a 7 core CPU but EXTREMELY difficult to program. That is why games always looked a bit better on the xbox than on the PS3. This is only if they were not optimised though.

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,230
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    119,629 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by EarthNeutron View Post
    Yes, remember the PS3? You probably do because it's not that old )) But anyway, the PS3 has a Cell CPU which has 7 SKU's. SO it's basically like a 7 core CPU but EXTREMELY difficult to program. That is why games always looked a bit better on the xbox than on the PS3. This is only if they were not optimised though.
    That's exactly the point I was just making. The PS3 was hard to develop for. The PS4 isn't.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  7. #7
    Super Elite
    Sir_Scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Posts
    2,071
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    10,602 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    ...And because games will be easier to develop for, it will be interesting to see how EA, Ubisoft, etc will do multiplat games next gen. They won't have to learn any crazy tricks just to get the damn game working.

  8. #8
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    446 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    ...And because games will be easier to develop for, it will be interesting to see how EA, Ubisoft, etc will do multiplat games next gen. They won't have to learn any crazy tricks just to get the damn game working.

    Yeah, I can't wait for some epic games to release for the PS4, such as crysis 3 and so on.
    But first, we need the PS4, so unfortunately we still have to wait a couple of months for that.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,808
    Rep Power
    94
    Points
    146,762 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Seeing building as far as the eye could see what truly amazing! Hope it shapes up to be an amazing game, and it is nice to not be on a dismal bland planet anymore!

    -=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

  10. #10
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,230
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    119,629 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by EarthNeutron View Post
    Yeah, I can't wait for some epic games to release for the PS4, such as crysis 3 and so on.
    But first, we need the PS4, so unfortunately we still have to wait a couple of months for that.
    A couple months? More like 10 months... almost a year.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  11. #11
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,559
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    78,014 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This demo specifically (and maybe the Watchdogs demo, but to a lesser degree) really allowed the 8Gb GDDR5 memory to show off its muscle. Notice how seamlessly it loads in new data (and how much) even when the player is moving incredibly fast along the environment.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  12. #12
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    62
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    This demo specifically (and maybe the Watchdogs demo, but to a lesser degree) really allowed the 8Gb GDDR5 memory to show off its muscle. Notice how seamlessly it loads in new data (and how much) even when the player is moving incredibly fast along the environment.
    Yep, it was incredible to be honest.

    Open world games should play wonderfully on PS4. Bethesda, I'm looking at you.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    RyanGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,822
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    23,928 (615,000 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Yep, it was incredible to be honest.

    Open world games should play wonderfully on PS4. Bethesda, I'm looking at you.
    Wouldn't it be amazing if the game their working on, Elder Scrolls Online, ended up being available on the PS4 as well as PC?

    I'd $#@! myself.

    That is, if Bethesda is the one working on it. It'd be sweet regardless.

  14. #14
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    144
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    2,857 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    This demo specifically (and maybe the Watchdogs demo, but to a lesser degree) really allowed the 8Gb GDDR5 memory to show off its muscle. Notice how seamlessly it loads in new data (and how much) even when the player is moving incredibly fast along the environment.
    Guess what! These demos were made with 4gb of memory in mind. Nobody knew until the event that Sony decided to add 8gb of memory in there. Expect some crazy graphics for E3 this year!

  15. #15
    Veteran
    RyanGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,822
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    23,928 (615,000 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by baho View Post
    Guess what! These demos were made with 4gb of memory in mind. Nobody knew until the event that Sony decided to add 8gb of memory in there. Expect some crazy graphics for E3 this year!
    I'm drooling at the thought of this...

  16. #16
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    446 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by baho View Post
    Guess what! These demos were made with 4gb of memory in mind. Nobody knew until the event that Sony decided to add 8gb of memory in there. Expect some crazy graphics for E3 this year!
    You're right. The PS4 was thought to have 4GB of RAM memory. Nobody was expecting 8GB, but they did it at the event, which means that games are going to run even more fluid than in the demos. By the way, here's the Sony PS4 event roundup http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igXYCUveUTI

  17. #17
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,932
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    5,335 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

    Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.